Official LGP Facebook Complaint Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Odd Things You Read on Your Facebook Wall Thread

Postby JS© on Tue May 07, 2013 4:48 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:Why is it called BW3

Buffalo Wild Wings... BWW maybe... I don't get the third W?

Is the Weck still on the menu?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Tue May 14, 2013 9:18 am

My new purse came yesterday!! Happy Mother's Day to me!!!!!

PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue May 14, 2013 9:20 am

JS© wrote:

Its not part of the name, but thats why people call it that.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Tue May 14, 2013 10:09 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
JS© wrote:

Its not part of the name, but thats why people call it that.

It's actually still on the menu in western NY

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_on_weck
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mac5155 on Tue May 14, 2013 11:36 am

PensFanInDC wrote:My new purse came yesterday!! Happy Mother's Day to me!!!!!

I'd tell her to add me on fb but all that baby mama drama going on would cramp my style.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Tue May 14, 2013 5:55 pm

"Angelina Jolie is sooo brave."
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby meow on Mon May 20, 2013 1:53 pm

"This *Hartnelling* bull*charcoal* case got me thrown out my house even tho I'm not guilty ...... zero talarins even if ur falsly accused ur still thrown out.... I guess I'm moving to my moms . Its not a bad thing it just my mom got her own life and me and lex r the only one aloud to move in so that means my family gets split up and that suck.... I need to get a job so I can keep my family together ..... *** is a joke......"
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Hockeynut! on Mon May 20, 2013 2:06 pm

I spent almost 2 minutes trying to figure out what talarins were. :face:
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon May 20, 2013 2:12 pm

Is it tolerance?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Mon May 20, 2013 2:25 pm

thats how i took it, after a minute of saying it allowed ( :pop: ) in my head.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meow on Mon May 20, 2013 2:26 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Is it tolerance?

Taking an educated guess, I think tolerance is the winner.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon May 20, 2013 2:32 pm

This thread is amusing, have people no shame thatt they post things like that for everyone to see?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon May 20, 2013 2:32 pm

I think its zero talons

DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby meow on Mon May 20, 2013 2:43 pm

Based on the fact that this guy basically did a play-by-play of the situation, I think shame is a feeling he does not understand.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby bhaw on Mon May 20, 2013 4:08 pm

So my work started a FB group last year called "(company name) @ Work." It is a closed group for only people at our office where people can converse. It's not an official company page but its clearly associated to us.

Last week we had a company outing at a dbacks game. The next day, they posted a ton of pics to show what a great time they had. Only issue I had was that about 8 of the pics were of people drinking. I stepped in and said we should remove the drinking ones since the FB page is associated with work and we are associated with a huge corporation. Pretty rational, right? I, as expected, got crap because "that's not our culture." I said that putting up pictures that could potentially cause issues with employees have no impact on our culture and there are dozens of others that would still show how fun the event was w/o alcohol in them. Finally,they got taken down.

Fast forward to today where someone posts about how our culture committee should get better candy for the bag they leave on people's desks for their bday or work anniversary. That post was removed 2 minutes later. Priorities much?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Mon May 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Why does responsible drinking on an occasion project such a negative public image?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Mon May 20, 2013 4:22 pm

So my work started a FB group last year called "(company name) @ Work." It is a closed group for only people at our office where people can converse. It's not an official company page but its clearly associated to us.

Last week we had a company outing at a dbacks game. The next day, they posted a ton of pics to show what a great time they had. Only issue I had was that about 8 of the pics were of people drinking. I stepped in and said we should remove the drinking ones since the FB page is associated with work and we are associated with a huge corporation. Pretty rational, right? I, as expected, got crap because "that's not our culture." I said that putting up pictures that could potentially cause issues with employees have no impact on our culture and there are dozens of others that would still show how fun the event was w/o alcohol in them. Finally,they got taken down.

Fast forward to today where someone posts about how our culture committee should get better candy for the bag they leave on people's desks for their bday or work anniversary. That post was removed 2 minutes later. Priorities much?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon May 20, 2013 4:27 pm

bhaw wrote:So my work started a FB group last year called "(company name) @ Work." It is a closed group for only people at our office where people can converse. It's not an official company page but its clearly associated to us.

Why does responsible drinking on an occasion project such a negative public image?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon May 20, 2013 8:02 pm

PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby She'sTheFastest on Mon May 20, 2013 8:10 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:So my work started a FB group last year called "(company name) @ Work." It is a closed group for only people at our office where people can converse. It's not an official company page but its clearly associated to us.

Nolan Rylan?!
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bhaw on Mon May 20, 2013 9:19 pm

I don't get it.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bhaw on Mon May 20, 2013 9:21 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:
bhaw wrote:So my work started a FB group last year called "(company name) @ Work." It is a closed group for only people at our office where people can converse. It's not an official company page but its clearly associated to us.

It doesn't but when you work for a 100 year old Fortune 500 company, you typically don't want that out there... Not for public but for internal reasons. Large companies are very conservative and last thing you need is someone suing bc they lost their job or didn't get a promotion bc they claim they were viewed differently due to pics posted they didn't consent to. Sounds ridiculous,but in large companies, people sue for ridiculous things.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meow on Wed May 22, 2013 8:13 am

meow wrote:"This *Hartnelling* bull*charcoal* case got me thrown out my house even tho I'm not guilty ...... zero talarins even if ur falsly accused ur still thrown out.... I guess I'm moving to my moms . Its not a bad thing it just my mom got her own life and me and lex r the only one aloud to move in so that means my family gets split up and that suck.... I need to get a job so I can keep my family together ..... *** is a joke......"

We have a new development in this riveting story.

"Things happen for a reason and if me and <insert baby momma's name> make it throw this where ment to b ..but if she gives up I guess will.never.no ..... think about that <insert baby momma's name>....... {its just a detour it maybe a longer ride but it will take.us where we need to go) ....... "
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed May 22, 2013 8:18 am

I think that is less coherent than the initial one.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PghSkins on Fri May 24, 2013 6:45 am

Not really "reading" but.... Selfie after selfie of girls who weren't hot at 18 and are still not at 42.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR