Terrie the smoker

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon May 27, 2013 5:31 pm

If someone else smoking didn't put my health at risk I wouldn't care about others smoking in a public place, but that isn't the case.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,137
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby JS© on Mon May 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Getting To My Game wrote:Dramatic much? How many friggin' times do smokers intentionally blow smoke in other people's faces to just be an ass? Almost never. It's a free country and we're adults allowed to have a cigarette if we want.


Again, the irony, coming from the same person who said non-smokers can go to hell. And I never said about smokers intentionally blowing smoke in my face. I said the smokers irritate me when they hold the cigarette away from themselves because they can't stand the smell of the smoke. But hey, whatever way you want to twist it, that's cool.

Feel free to rant, troll, or whatever it is you do here. I'm done.

Image

Foe list is now updated to two users, one of which might not even be an active poster.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,237
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: training with lawnmowers and raging elephants.

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby Getting To My Game on Mon May 27, 2013 7:50 pm

JS© wrote:
Getting To My Game wrote:Dramatic much? How many friggin' times do smokers intentionally blow smoke in other people's faces to just be an ass? Almost never. It's a free country and we're adults allowed to have a cigarette if we want.


Again, the irony, coming from the same person who said non-smokers can go to hell. And I never said about smokers intentionally blowing smoke in my face. I said the smokers irritate me when they hold the cigarette away from themselves because they can't stand the smell of the smoke. But hey, whatever way you want to twist it, that's cool.

Feel free to rant, troll, or whatever it is you do here. I'm done.

Image

Foe list is now updated to two users, one of which might not even be an active poster.


Awesome, I feel as though I'm in elite company. Going to enjoy the smooth, mellow taste of a Marlboro 27 to celebrate.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: In Soviet Pittsburgh, contract extend you

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby Getting To My Game on Mon May 27, 2013 7:53 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:If someone else smoking didn't put my health at risk I wouldn't care about others smoking in a public place, but that isn't the case.


Much more dangerous than the plumes of exhaust smoke and filthy air that is present in most major cities, I'm sure.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: In Soviet Pittsburgh, contract extend you

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby shmenguin on Mon May 27, 2013 8:35 pm

Because that's a great analogy
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,101
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon May 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Getting To My Game wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:If someone else smoking didn't put my health at risk I wouldn't care about others smoking in a public place, but that isn't the case.


Much more dangerous than the plumes of exhaust smoke and filthy air that is present in most major cities, I'm sure.


Actually yes unless you are smoking a car's tail pipe.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,137
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby Getting To My Game on Mon May 27, 2013 8:50 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
Getting To My Game wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:If someone else smoking didn't put my health at risk I wouldn't care about others smoking in a public place, but that isn't the case.


Much more dangerous than the plumes of exhaust smoke and filthy air that is present in most major cities, I'm sure.


Actually yes unless you are smoking a car's tail pipe.


I do both.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: In Soviet Pittsburgh, contract extend you

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon May 27, 2013 8:57 pm

Based on your posts so far that doesn't come as a huge surprise.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,137
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby She'sTheFastest on Mon May 27, 2013 10:04 pm

To the guys that say "I have a problem with it because it affects my health," that's certainly true. However others who drink and drive put our health at risk too and no matter how much we whine and complain it's not going to stop, just like smoking. So, my advice to you is to stay as far away from smokers as you can and get over it... Hey you remember when this thread used be to be about Terrie?! :slug:
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,116
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby OutofFoil on Mon May 27, 2013 10:18 pm

Marshall county, WV has taken it too far. They've banned smoking OUTDOORS. I used to smoke, and agree with the indoor bans as it stinks and is a health issue, but outdoors?!?! Just ban the things and be done with it. Oh, you'll lose the tax revenue and tobacco lobby junkets if you do that? Well, we can't have that.
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby pensfan1989 on Mon May 27, 2013 10:18 pm

I hate the government mandated smoking bans in private businesses and feel it should be up to the company/establishment.
Many have already outlawed smoking on property and try to get employees to quit to lower health insurance costs.

Technically, under Ohio law, it is illegal for a truck driver to light up in the cab of his truck. That is not right.
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,113
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:51 pm
Location: Ponakronkoski

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby Getting To My Game on Mon May 27, 2013 10:19 pm

OutofFoil wrote:Marshall county, WV has taken it too far. They've banned smoking OUTDOORS. I used to smoke, and agree with the indoor bans as it stinks and is a health issue, but outdoors?!?! Just ban the things and be done with it. Oh, you'll lose the tax revenue and tobacco lobby junkets if you do that? Well, we can't have that.


In 15 years, the only legal place to smoke in the United States will be a Denny's outside of Chicago. And you know what, millions of smokers will still make the trek there. :lol:
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: In Soviet Pittsburgh, contract extend you

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby columbia on Mon May 27, 2013 10:20 pm

In many major cities, it's cheaper to buy a bag of heroin than a pack of cigarettes.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,507
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby Getting To My Game on Mon May 27, 2013 10:22 pm

columbia wrote:In many major cities, it's cheaper to buy a bag of heroin than a pack of cigarettes.


First-hand knowledge? :pop:
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: In Soviet Pittsburgh, contract extend you

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby columbia on Mon May 27, 2013 10:23 pm

I paid $13 for a pack of cigarettes, three years ago in Seattle.
Heroin is almost universally $10.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,507
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby Getting To My Game on Mon May 27, 2013 10:31 pm

columbia wrote:I paid $13 for a pack of cigarettes, three years ago in Seattle.
Heroin is almost universally $10.


It's almost impossible to get a quality pack of cigarettes anymore without taking out a second mortgage on your house. Even the crappy brands are expensive, I bought a pack of Pall Malls the other day and it was around 7 dollars. 7 dollars for Pall Malls, ugh.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: In Soviet Pittsburgh, contract extend you

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby She'sTheFastest on Mon May 27, 2013 10:48 pm

Getting To My Game wrote:
columbia wrote:I paid $13 for a pack of cigarettes, three years ago in Seattle.
Heroin is almost universally $10.


It's almost impossible to get a quality pack of cigarettes anymore without taking out a second mortgage on your house. Even the crappy brands are expensive, I bought a pack of Pall Malls the other day and it was around 7 dollars. 7 dollars for Pall Malls, ugh.


You should roll your own before those are taxed too.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,116
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby Getting To My Game on Tue May 28, 2013 12:05 am

She'sTheFastest wrote:
Getting To My Game wrote:
columbia wrote:I paid $13 for a pack of cigarettes, three years ago in Seattle.
Heroin is almost universally $10.


It's almost impossible to get a quality pack of cigarettes anymore without taking out a second mortgage on your house. Even the crappy brands are expensive, I bought a pack of Pall Malls the other day and it was around 7 dollars. 7 dollars for Pall Malls, ugh.


You should roll your own before those are taxed too.


Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to do. I'm still young and I want to quit at some point down the road, but for right now, I enjoy cigarettes.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: In Soviet Pittsburgh, contract extend you

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby OutofFoil on Tue May 28, 2013 9:31 am

columbia wrote:I paid $13 for a pack of cigarettes, three years ago in Seattle.
Heroin is almost universally $10.


Don't buy cigarettes in Sydney then, $20-$30/pack! A smoker friend of mine brought 2 cartons in with him on the plane and had to pay $60 duty on them. The whole campus of U of New South Wales is smoke free and enforced heavily. All cigs are kept behind doors so you can't see them and the packs have graphic pictures of diseased lungs and such on them. I wonder how long until we make it to that point...
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby mac5155 on Tue May 28, 2013 9:47 am

pensfan1989 wrote:I hate the government mandated smoking bans in private businesses and feel it should be up to the company/establishment.
Many have already outlawed smoking on property and try to get employees to quit to lower health insurance costs.

Technically, under Ohio law, it is illegal for a truck driver to light up in the cab of his truck. That is not right.


I read somewhere its actually cheaper to insure a smoker, because they die at a younger age.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,166
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby Factorial on Tue May 28, 2013 10:18 am

Allegedly, Tanner Glass is, or was, a smoker.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/263316-w ... igarettes/
Factorial
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,099
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Enfants autour du monde, mis chameau merde sur les murs

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby newarenanow on Tue May 28, 2013 10:59 am

This thread is awesome. Terrie is HAWT.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,586
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby CERV96 on Tue May 28, 2013 11:18 am

4th hole LOL
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,512
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby newarenanow on Tue May 28, 2013 11:34 am

CERV96 wrote:4th hole LOL


:lol:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,586
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Terrie the smoker

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue May 28, 2013 11:42 am

Getting To My Game wrote:
She'sTheFastest wrote:
Getting To My Game wrote:
columbia wrote:I paid $13 for a pack of cigarettes, three years ago in Seattle.
Heroin is almost universally $10.


It's almost impossible to get a quality pack of cigarettes anymore without taking out a second mortgage on your house. Even the crappy brands are expensive, I bought a pack of Pall Malls the other day and it was around 7 dollars. 7 dollars for Pall Malls, ugh.


You should roll your own before those are taxed too.


Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to do. I'm still young and I want to quit at some point down the road, but for right now, I enjoy cigarettes.


Once you quit, are you going to go to hell?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,262
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

PreviousNext

Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brwi, dman66, Great58, mikey287 and 10 guests

e-mail