2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby penny lane on Thu May 30, 2013 10:38 am

clap hands, Chris Kunitz at the practice today!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 29,094
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby Penspal on Thu May 30, 2013 12:00 pm

penny lane wrote:clap hands, Chris Kunitz at the practice today!


C'mon fellas, let's put your hands together for Candy.... er Kunitz :fist:

All joking aside, the pens need Kunitz vs. the Bruins.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,642
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:12 am
Location: dark recesses of Sid's brain

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Thu May 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Will we see a Sutter-Krejci matchup? If so, is that more important than Crosby-Bergeron?
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,410
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby Sarcastic on Thu May 30, 2013 3:00 pm

Can someone do a Bruins line-by-line setup for me?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby MRandall25 on Thu May 30, 2013 3:02 pm

MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,540
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby Sarcastic on Thu May 30, 2013 3:11 pm

I looked at 3 links and they all had different lines. Sequin on right side on 3rd line, right 2nd line, and 1st line left. I need a Bruin fan.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby MRandall25 on Thu May 30, 2013 3:17 pm

Daily Faceoff is typically the correct one when everything is updated.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,540
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby Sarcastic on Thu May 30, 2013 3:31 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Daily Faceoff is typically the correct one when everything is updated.


Ok, thanks. They are a deep team, but no way their two top centers can handle Crosby and Malkin. Jagr hasn't been good. Sequin on line 3 now hasn't been either from what I read. They're good, but they don't match up to us.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby headh on Thu May 30, 2013 3:47 pm

Sarcastic wrote:I looked at 3 links and they all had different lines. Sequin on right side on 3rd line, right 2nd line, and 1st line left. I need a Bruin fan.


The bruins stink
headh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:07 am

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby Matthew Monstar on Fri May 31, 2013 12:31 am

The Bruins better hope Chara is ready to play 30 minutes a game, because he is only one man. Can Dougie Hamilton, Little Torey Krug, Boychuk and Mcquaid handle the firepower we'll throw at them? I don't think they can. They damn near got beat by Toronto Maple Leafs.


And sorry but all of these professional television personalities are saying "Penguins haven't faced what Boston will do to them". I'm sorry but top line of No Show Horton, Krejci and Lurch Lucic doesn't really worry me. They "seem" to have depth because they have spread out their forwards...like Seguin being on the third line? But in reality, they have problems generating much offensively.

I'm sorry but Torey Krug isn't going to be a power house offensively for Boston against us. He's 5'9, Morrow, Cooke, Dupuis, Crankshaft will destroy him.
Matthew Monstar
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,071
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:38 pm
Location: oHIo

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby littlemoonboot on Fri May 31, 2013 5:16 am

The Bruins haven't had to play the Pens with that Malkin guy all year...he's actually a pretty good hockey player.


))))))))))))
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,527
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: @burgyhockey

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri May 31, 2013 6:53 am

Matthew Monstar wrote:The Bruins better hope Chara is ready to play 30 minutes a game, because he is only one man. Can Dougie Hamilton, Little Torey Krug, Boychuk and Mcquaid handle the firepower we'll throw at them? I don't think they can. They damn near got beat by Toronto Maple Leafs.


And sorry but all of these professional television personalities are saying "Penguins haven't faced what Boston will do to them". I'm sorry but top line of No Show Horton, Krejci and Lurch Lucic doesn't really worry me. They "seem" to have depth because they have spread out their forwards...like Seguin being on the third line? But in reality, they have problems generating much offensively.

I'm sorry but Torey Krug isn't going to be a power house offensively for Boston against us. He's 5'9, Morrow, Cooke, Dupuis, Crankshaft will destroy him.


The name calling of their playoff tested players really strengthens your post.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,968
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby penny lane on Fri May 31, 2013 7:40 am

littlemoonboot wrote:The Bruins haven't had to play the Pens with that Malkin guy all year...he's actually a pretty good hockey player.


))))))))))))


:thumb:

I'm beginning to get back my game face. :P :twisted:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 29,094
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby tfrizz on Fri May 31, 2013 7:46 am

Sarcastic wrote:Can someone do a Bruins line-by-line setup for me?


Lucic - Krejci - Horton
(Seguin/Marchand) - Bergeron - (Marchand/Jagr)
Peverley - (Kelly/Campbell) - (Jagr/Seguin/Marchand)
Paille - (Campbell/Kelly) - Thornton


They don't really have set line combinations that they go with, and the only line that typically sticks is the Krejci line.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,649
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby America on Fri May 31, 2013 9:22 am

HF boards is where brain cells go to die
America
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby GreenLantern on Fri May 31, 2013 9:52 am

Iggy needs to step up the mean factor in this series, I really hope they go after him.. he just doesn't know how to back down no matter who he is facing.

GreenLantern
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:37 pm
Location: Space Sector 2814

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri May 31, 2013 9:56 am

Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,968
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby America on Fri May 31, 2013 10:58 am

Idoit40fans wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_c5fj0r3uk

5:44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVEKeDVAzr0
America
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby SolidSnake on Fri May 31, 2013 11:00 am

Merica'
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,509
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Why the hell are you dressed like a chicken?

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Fri May 31, 2013 11:06 am

Regarding physical play: no doubt the Pens can do it but the question is will they. Per other discussions and threads the Pens have played a patient trap with their lower lines and their offense has been mostly quick feasting. I think the question to me is will the penguins switch it up in is series and try to punish the Bruins dmen to wear them down. Having Morrow, Kunitz and Iginla doesn't mean much for physical play if we simply are not scheming for it. Mike Colligan had a good breakdown of the bruins this playoff year and what teams have done to be successful including a dump and punish style.

Concern: I only have one real concern in this series and that is TV giving up juicy rebounds. He played very good positional hockey and really made all the saves he should have plus some. But the Bruins are dirtier than the Sens with a bit more skill. I just think he needs to tighten up a bit in that regard vs the Bruins, can't kick them back out like vs the Sens.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,117
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby Matthew Monstar on Fri May 31, 2013 1:20 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Matthew Monstar wrote:The Bruins better hope Chara is ready to play 30 minutes a game, because he is only one man. Can Dougie Hamilton, Little Torey Krug, Boychuk and Mcquaid handle the firepower we'll throw at them? I don't think they can. They damn near got beat by Toronto Maple Leafs.


And sorry but all of these professional television personalities are saying "Penguins haven't faced what Boston will do to them". I'm sorry but top line of No Show Horton, Krejci and Lurch Lucic doesn't really worry me. They "seem" to have depth because they have spread out their forwards...like Seguin being on the third line? But in reality, they have problems generating much offensively.

I'm sorry but Torey Krug isn't going to be a power house offensively for Boston against us. He's 5'9, Morrow, Cooke, Dupuis, Crankshaft will destroy him.


The name calling of their playoff tested players really strengthens your post.



The subtle personal attack of my aggressive personal opinion really devalues your already seemingly baseless existence on this board. Do you have an opinion on what I said regarding how I feel the players will respond? Are the Penguins' not playoff tested?
Matthew Monstar
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,071
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:38 pm
Location: oHIo

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri May 31, 2013 1:30 pm

Ok, i'll go for it. The Penguins "damn near got beat" by the Islanders. The statement "Penguins haven't faced what Boston will do to them" is unquestionably true, so I have no idea what you're talking about. They have 4 competitive lines, a solid defense, an NHL goalie, and a wealth of experience of winning Stanley Cup hockey. The two teams they face prior lacked those things. I'm not sure why you're talking about Krug going up against Murray, if they have any meaningful amount of interaction when Boston has the puck, its because Murray is doing something very wrong and bodes ill for the Penguins. As far as the others go, if they're shutting him down offensively, its not going to be because they're "destroying" him, its going to be because they're getting in lanes.

Basically, I disagree with everything you said, but I wasn't going to say anything about those things because the issue I had with your post was the name calling that most people grow out of when they become teenagers.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,968
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby columbia on Fri May 31, 2013 1:38 pm

:pop:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,410
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby penny lane on Fri May 31, 2013 1:47 pm

:D
Can't wait for "today's breakfast will be the turning point!"
hungry... grrrrowl
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 29,094
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals Pens v Bruins Thread

Postby Pitt87 on Fri May 31, 2013 2:01 pm

Matthew Monstar wrote:The Bruins better hope Chara is ready to play 30 minutes a game, because he is only one man. Can Dougie Hamilton, Little Torey Krug, Boychuk and Mcquaid handle the firepower we'll throw at them? I don't think they can. They damn near got beat by Toronto Maple Leafs.


And sorry but all of these professional television personalities are saying "Penguins haven't faced what Boston will do to them". I'm sorry but top line of No Show Horton, Krejci and Lurch Lucic doesn't really worry me. They "seem" to have depth because they have spread out their forwards...like Seguin being on the third line? But in reality, they have problems generating much offensively.

I'm sorry but Torey Krug isn't going to be a power house offensively for Boston against us. He's 5'9, Morrow, Cooke, Dupuis, Crankshaft will destroy him.


Krejci will score, but needs space to keep on his current pace. 7 has been really good against teams' top guys, and 44 and 3 were really good against the tough guys from OTT. I'd call those match ups strength on strength. The real match up is going to be keeping their defenders off the board; Chara played really well offensively against TOR, and less good against better defensive forwards. Krug is flashy, so you have to make him pay for mistakes and force some turnovers.

There is also little doubt that we will score on them. Question is can BOS survive a physical match up against the best PP in the playoffs. They haven't been at all stingy on the PK...
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,302
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:33 am
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Desiato, Hugo Stiglitz, llipgh2, Staggy and 31 guests


e-mail