OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby luv66 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:24 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:Fully committed to the Indian in spirit.

I'm all Bucs all the time until October. PSU football...meh.



Let's Go Bucs !
luv66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,036
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby Godric on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:24 pm

opie22002 wrote:Fleury + for Yakupov?



lolololol not even EDM is that stupid. If Malkin decides to leave because maybe Shero is too stupid to fire DB... He goes to EDM. To see Malkin next to Eberle/Hall/Yakupov.... it'd be amazing.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:24 pm

Godric wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
knives of ice wrote:the only common theme in the playoff failures that past few seasons every time Bylsma was outcoached by a monsterous grand canyon like margin. has no plan B. does the same **** over and over again


Don't disagree to a point but I still believe depleting the roster of real actual solid and fast role players and defense hurt. I don't have anything against those who say HCDB was out coached, I agree.

But our top end talent has masked huge holes in our lineup.


where the **** are the holes?


Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis

Morrow/Bennett - Malkin - Neal/Iginla

Morrow/Bennett/Cooke - Sutter - Kennedy/Iginla

Vitale/Jokinen - Adams - Kennedy

Martin - Letang
Orpik - Niskanen
Murray - Bort/Engo/Despres

Vokoun
**** head Fluery

No holes. Except Niskanen blows.


Ummm, well 3 dmen who can't play defense, 2 who are decent at best, one who is a slow tree. No real speed threat on bottom 3 lines and no players on top 2 who crash net. No players on 3/4th lines who cycle and create.

The roster is full of holes masked by fans who can't see regular season stats mean squat. Our top end talent masks issues in reg season with superior stats. Coaching alone doesn't get you out classed 4 years in a row. Sorry.
Last edited by BurghersAndDogsSports on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,044
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:26 pm

It's a good thing we have Vokoun for next season. Whoever said it during the game that we should stick with him and some kid rookie... hmm, anyone ready for that in WBS?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,286
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby lemieuxReturns on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:26 pm

I thought for sure the refs were going to make it up to us tonight for the blown hooking call on jagr... but nooooope!
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,108
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby lemieuxReturns on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:27 pm

Godric wrote:
opie22002 wrote:Fleury + for Yakupov?



lolololol not even EDM is that stupid. If Malkin decides to leave because maybe Shero is too stupid to fire DB... He goes to EDM. To see Malkin next to Eberle/Hall/Yakupov.... it'd be amazing.


I am thinking more like MAF to Calgary.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,108
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby shmenguin on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:27 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:I thought for sure the refs were going to make it up to us tonight for the blown hooking call on jagr... but nooooope!


they made it up to us by keeping our embarrassing PP off the ice.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,225
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby Godric on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:27 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
Godric wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:PENGUINS SUCK


You are drunk bro. Go to sleep, it'll hurt less in the morning.


Hey. Atleast it wasn't game 7.


I haven't drank a drop and I rarely do. This is all-natural!


lol, just checking
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby SoCalPenguin on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:27 pm

I'd put Bennett with Crosby and Kunitz next season. Geno already has an elite winger he doesn't need a monopoly on the wing talent. Bennett will also give the top line some defensive presence. They can find a decent 3m wing for Malkin. I'd keep Letang if we can get him for,about 5.5 a year. I expect good growth from Despres. Martin is the best all around defender so he stays. I think Harrington will crack the lineup in the bottom pairing and will provide some steady play in his own zone. Before the playoffs I wanted to use the compliance buyout on Orpik but it has to be Flower now.
SoCalPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:39 am
Location: Arcadia, CA

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby Godric on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:28 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:
Godric wrote:
opie22002 wrote:Fleury + for Yakupov?



lolololol not even EDM is that stupid. If Malkin decides to leave because maybe Shero is too stupid to fire DB... He goes to EDM. To see Malkin next to Eberle/Hall/Yakupov.... it'd be amazing.


I am thinking more like MAF to Calgary.


They have 5 goalies under contract and don't want to touch some Cloutier V2.0
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:30 pm

Godric wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
Godric wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:PENGUINS SUCK


You are drunk bro. Go to sleep, it'll hurt less in the morning.


Hey. Atleast it wasn't game 7.


I haven't drank a drop and I rarely do. This is all-natural!


lol, just checking


Easy to get confused, I know. Especially when I have too much caffeine. Haha.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,286
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby farnham16 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:30 pm

I'd try to replenish some of the picks we traded this year by trading MAF. I bet Shero could snag a 2nd or 3rd for him.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,398
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:50 pm
Location: Trying to get to my game

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Any chance MAF gets better under a different coach or is he totally un-fixable... what do you guys think?
Last edited by Sarcastic on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,286
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby Godric on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:33 pm

farnham16 wrote:I'd try to replenish some of the picks we traded this year by trading MAF. I bet Shero could snag a 2nd or 3rd for him.


3rd.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby farnham16 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:36 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Any chance MAF gets better under a different coach or is he totally un-fixable... what do you guys think?


I think he could be fixed. But I really don't think Shero is willing to give that a try.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,398
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:50 pm
Location: Trying to get to my game

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby seabiscuit on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:39 pm

Bennett is really the only bright spot right now. And hopefully our new coaching staff.
seabiscuit
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:39 pm

@JoshYohe_Trib 1m
Pascal Dupuis was probably the most upset man in the locker room. Mario Lemieux walked into the room and shook Dupuis' hand. Classy gesture.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,046
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby topshelf66 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:42 pm

Julien has been a class act in the presser.

I am pretty sure that we are not going to fire Bylsma.

Are we the only elite team that has to trade for veteran leadership every deadline? This is a legitimate question.

We are arrogant as a team and coaching staff. It is commented on by many including the unbiased.

The formula against us in the playoffs is just don't lose the game before the Penguins beat themselves.
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: The Palace Hotel Ballroom.

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby pens#1 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:45 pm

I'd keep Granato as head coach and find an assistant that can run the PP. either way I think Shero should be on thin ice, he didn't address the D and it showed again this year, hello yard work
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,885
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:05 pm
Location: allentown

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:46 pm

topshelf66 wrote:Julien has been a class act in the presser.

I am pretty sure that we are not going to fire Bylsma.

Are we the only elite team that has to trade for veteran leadership every deadline? This is a legitimate question.

We are arrogant as a team and coaching staff. It is commented on by many including the unbiased.

The formula against us in the playoffs is just don't lose the game before the Penguins beat themselves.


Post game comments scare me. Players are being classy and professional but it still seems to me they think they just need to capitalize on chances and not run into a hot goalie. I mean I know it's the post game pressed and not to be taken on each word but I get the feeling they don't realize why they don't capitalize.

Need to earn these goals and where other team down.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,044
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby mariojr on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Sarcastic wrote:It's a good thing we have Vokoun for next season. Whoever said it during the game that we should stick with him and some kid rookie... hmm, anyone ready for that in WBS?


We don't want to go with Hartzell or Thiessen as the backup. That's a recipe for Vokoun playing 65-70 games and having nothing left for the playoffs. What about Emery, perhaps, for $2 million? Or someone of that ilk. Unless someone in WBS is playing so well that his play demands a call-up.
mariojr
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,018
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:15 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:48 pm

SoCalPenguin wrote:I'd put Bennett with Crosby and Kunitz next season. Geno already has an elite winger he doesn't need a monopoly on the wing talent. Bennett will also give the top line some defensive presence. They can find a decent 3m wing for Malkin. I'd keep Letang if we can get him for,about 5.5 a year. I expect good growth from Despres. Martin is the best all around defender so he stays. I think Harrington will crack the lineup in the bottom pairing and will provide some steady play in his own zone. Before the playoffs I wanted to use the compliance buyout on Orpik but it has to be Flower now.


Not sure Pens can afford those buyouts. A lot of money especially with Sid already being paid over his cap value.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,044
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby topshelf66 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:50 pm

Does not have much to do with the goalies as some think.

We did not make Rask sweat at all. Same as Halak.

What we need to not run into is a coach that can figure out our system. We either cannot adjust or are too arrogant to try.
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: The Palace Hotel Ballroom.

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby pens#1 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:50 pm

Is it time to look at Neal, guy is a regular season champ and a playoff dud...
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,885
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:05 pm
Location: allentown

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Game 4, Pens at Bruins 6/7/13: Do or Die

Postby She'sTheFastest on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:50 pm

You guys really ought to stop bashing Crosby. I think he is overrated too BUT without him we don't have a team to complain about.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,393
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron
e-mail