Most embarrassing loss in the....

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Most embarrassing loss in the....

Postby RentedMule66 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:41 pm

history of the Penguins.....

No one can argue it....

Worse than the '93 Penguins loss, worse than the '96 Penguins loss, first time swept in 34 years. 2 goals in the ENTIRE SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!! We AVERAGED MORE GOALS PER GAME THAN WE SCORED FOR THE SERIES!!!!!!!! Anyone who thinks otherwise...welp...I don't know what to tell you. I love this team and have been a fan since '79 and this is the worst I've ever felt after a series...This is the WORST I've ever seen a Pens team play a series with the "so-called" 2 best players in the league....as far as I'm concerned the entire team is "unsafe". Bust 'em all up I say. No points for ANY of those bums in 4 games....they should be ASHAMED!!!! They embarrassed a city tonight.
RentedMule66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Most embarrassing loss in the....

Postby dixonyy18 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:42 pm

never seen a team get so few bounces there way, that didnt help.
dixonyy18
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:43 pm

Penguins got crushed.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KinCroz on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:47 pm

Never thought I would join the fire Bylsma crowd, but I have. His "system" does not work in the playoffs. Shots from the point (that get blocked), board play, no net presence, no grit because you bench all non-goal scorers, stupid dogged stubborness to force the stretch pass against a trap = playoff disappointment. They need a coach who is not player friendly, but one who can coach defense and possession.
Last edited by KinCroz on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KinCroz
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby offsides on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:49 pm

I've seen some embarrassing playoff performances in my 64 years, but that one is the worst......................that I can remember.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Durbano on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:54 pm

Worst series loss ever and it's not even close.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Take the Body Shoot the Puck on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:56 pm

Embarrassing. 2 goals the entire series and not a single point for Malkin or Crosby.
Take the Body Shoot the Puck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Orlando Penguin on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:17 am

And all of this had nothing to do with the way the other team played.

Some of you are such spoiled morons with zero perspective.

Give out some freakin credit to the other team sometime. I got news for ya -- these Stanley Cup things are pretty freakin' hard to win no matter how 'stacked' the paper roster says your team should be. Sometimes, it just doesn't work out the way you think it should.

This playoff series doesn't even hit the top 3 in embarrassments in my book. But a lot of these so-called 'fans' on here certainly make the list.
Orlando Penguin
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kharlamov on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:19 am

Do you think Byslma's been canned already?
Kharlamov
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pressure=9Pa on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:23 am

Kharlamov wrote:Do you think Byslma's been canned already?

I don't know if the decision has been made, but I think he thinks the decision has been made.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby TheHammer24 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:26 am

There are a lot of gross overreactions right now, although I suppose I understand them. In the end, the Pens arguably were the better team in 3/4 of the games. The puck-luck did not go their way. That's why the best team in the NHL doesn't win every year. The Flyers series last year was WAY worse than this one, as was the Ottawa series in 08.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Antonio on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:27 am

Orlando Penguin wrote:And all of this had nothing to do with the way the other team played.

Give out some freakin credit to the other team sometime. I got news for ya -- these Stanley Cup things are pretty freakin' hard to win no matter how 'stacked' the paper roster says your team should be. Sometimes, it just doesn't work out the way you think it should.

This playoff series doesn't even hit the top 3 in embarrassments in my book. But a lot of these so-called 'fans' on here certainly make the list.

if you do not think that scoring two goals in four and a half games with the roster we have and being swept in four games the way we were is one of the top embarrassments of playoff series for this team....well you are on drugs.
Last edited by Antonio on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antonio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby nocera on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:27 am

You guys, no one can argue it. He said so himself.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cma3585 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:27 am

TheHammer24 wrote:There are a lot of gross overreactions right now, although I suppose I understand them. In the end, the Pens arguably were the better team in 3/4 of the games. The puck-luck did not go their way. That's why the best team in the NHL doesn't win every year. The Flyers series last year was WAY worse than this one, as was the Ottawa series in 08.

Agreed, I laid this all out in another thread. In short, literally zero bounces our way, 10 goal posts, and a remarkably hot goaltender. This series could very well be 2-2 right now the way this team played between games 1, 3, and 4.
cma3585
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby seabiscuit on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:28 am

pressure=9Pa wrote:
Kharlamov wrote:Do you think Byslma's been canned already?

I don't know if the decision has been made, but I think he thinks the decision has been made.

Don't let the door hit you in the a** db
seabiscuit
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pens2005 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:31 am

Don't worry, we will promote Granato.

Lol.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Lt. Dish on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:37 am

cma3585 wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:There are a lot of gross overreactions right now, although I suppose I understand them. In the end, the Pens arguably were the better team in 3/4 of the games. The puck-luck did not go their way. That's why the best team in the NHL doesn't win every year. The Flyers series last year was WAY worse than this one, as was the Ottawa series in 08.

Agreed, I laid this all out in another thread. In short, literally zero bounces our way, 10 goal posts, and a remarkably hot goaltender. This series could very well be 2-2 right now the way this team played between games 1, 3, and 4.

It's just sickening to imagine, isn't it?
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: WIN IT FOR [insert important player here]...let's keep the list short, OK?!

Postby Stick_Flex on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:38 am

Orlando Penguin wrote:And all of this had nothing to do with the way the other team played.

I'm with you all the way buddy. I'm not from Pitt so I don't know if its just the way people are in Pittsburgh or just this board, but many people act like complete spoiled morons. Where I'm from people don't completely trash talk the players when they have a bad game.
Stick_Flex
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby cma3585 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:49 am

Lt. Dish wrote:
cma3585 wrote:

It's just sickening to imagine, isn't it?

A bit but it's why I'm not flipping out about losing. Things need to go your way during every series in order to win a cup between puckluck and injuries, no matter how great your team is. We were healthy but we got nothing from the hockey gods and we got Rask'd, which is just as embarrassing as getting Halak'd a few years ago.
cma3585
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:55 am

Why did it have to be Boston? Better than Philly, I know, but the Ma-holes were soooooo obnoxious.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: WIN IT FOR [insert important player here]...let's keep the list short, OK?!

Postby seabiscuit on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:58 am

The most embarrassing thing is one cup thus far with the "dynasty" that should have come from drafting Malkin and Crosby.
seabiscuit
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:02 am

seabiscuit wrote:The most embarrassing thing is one cup thus far with the "dynasty" that should have come from drafting Malkin and Crosby.

Lemieux-Jagr-Francis-Stevens-Murphy-Barrasso only won 2 in an era that was, IMO, easier to win a Cup in.

Just goes to show how hard it is to win a Cup for all teams. Everything has to be right.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Eismann on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:03 am

MRandall25 wrote:
seabiscuit wrote:The most embarrassing thing is one cup thus far with the "dynasty" that should have come from drafting Malkin and Crosby.

Lemieux-Jagr-Francis-Stevens-Murphy-Barrasso only won 2 in an era that was, IMO, easier to win a Cup in.

Just goes to show how hard it is to win a Cup for all teams. Everything has to be right.

So much troof.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby bh on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:05 am

Flyers loss was worse. They were a far worse team. Boston is pretty frggin good. Rask was really really good. There was only 1 embarrassing game (2).

It still was pretty bad though. 2 goals.... omph.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby offsides on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:11 am

cma3585 wrote:

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. In one game maybe, but in a 7 game series the best team wins, or at least puts up a good fight. You have to score in hockey to win. Good teams get good bounces and shoot between the posts. The best team definitely swept this series and is moving on. Changes need to be made by the Pens unless this continuing playoff failure is acceptable.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins