Allan Muir of SI tells it like it is

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Allan Muir of SI tells it like it is

Postby Boogeyman on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:55 pm

skullman80 wrote:From the Pens twitter...

#Pens coach Bylsma on Fleury - "He's our No. 1 goalie for this franchise and he will be going forward."

Country Club.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Boogeyman on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:59 pm

I mean, what are you accomplishing by proclaiming Fleury the number one goalie moving forward? You basically just **** on the guy (Vokoun) who carried this team as far as he could.

No, Fleury should not get that vote of confidence. The correct statement AT THE VERY LEAST would have been as follows: We have two goaltenders who have helped this team. We will see where things stand in training camp.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby IntangibleBeer on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:04 pm

Boogeyman wrote:I mean, what are you accomplishing by proclaiming Fleury the number one goalie moving forward? You basically just **** on the guy (Vokoun) who carried this team as far as he could.

No, Fleury should not get that vote of confidence. The correct statement AT THE VERY LEAST would have been as follows: We have two goaltenders who have helped this team. We will see where things stand in training camp.

I agree.

The guy is an absolute idiot and he needs to go NOW!
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Boogeyman on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:13 pm

It actually kind of pisses me off that he said that. Vokoun was a steady calming influence in net who did a hell of a good job considering the circus that played in front of him more often than not.

Wonder how these guys feel about the coach playing favorites? No wonder there are rumors of a broken room. You get a hall of fame player with 500+ goals scored in this league, who flat out denied another team to play for your organization.... And you treat him like some ECHL fodder by completely misusing him at every opportunity.

The small talk is that Sid wanted to play with Dupuis and Kunitz. You know what Lindy Ruff's answer to that is? Hey Sid, go **** yourself...

A real coach with foresight would have had Iginla playing along side Crosby the second the trade papers went through. Knowing all the while that the whole Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis thing is cute in the regular season.. The post season is where we will need a larger talent like Iginla playing with Sid to rise to the challenge.

Iginla isn't slow, or washed up. He's a victim of his own class. He went out and played entirely out of his element. I'm thoroughly embarrassed that he was treated the way he was. Especially after he was so adamant about coming here.
Last edited by Boogeyman on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:19 pm

If you're going to try to trade Fleury, why the hell would you say "This guy doesn't deserve our starting position"?

Jesus Christ. Don't take everything so seriously.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Boogeyman on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:20 pm

MRandall25 wrote:If you're going to try to trade Fleury, why the hell would you say "This guy doesn't deserve our starting position"?

Because when upper management says **** like this... They mean it. Clearly. Also, everyone saw Fleury's play these past two post seasons... Do you really think Bylsma would be fooling anyone in to a worthwhile trade by proclaiming he is their number one goaltender? No, 29 other gm's are sitting around saying the same thing we are... Wtf is this guys deal?
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Byslma is "upper management"? News to me.

Still, if you were going to get rid of him, why wouldn't you try to pump his tires around the league?

Also, there's a chance you're going to have to keep him and use him. Why would you not try to instill confidence in him for next year?

There's also the chance that Vokoun suddenly gets hurt. Then what? You have a guy who has never played in the NHL?

I mean, think a little. There's plenty of reasons to say "Fleury is our number one". It's not a slight at Vokoun at all.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:26 pm

Though, by your edit, I don't know why I'm wasting my time with you when you clearly have an axe to grind.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:43 pm

MRandall25 wrote:If you're going to try to trade Fleury, why the hell would you say "This guy doesn't deserve our starting position"?

Pens have been masters in the media. I don't believe for a second what HCDB said about Fleury. There is 100 reasons to say that about him and none to say negative unless he was an upcoming UfA and even then you probably stay mostly positive or neutral.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Boogeyman on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:44 pm

As you grind your axe...

The guy has played like **** in the post season more often than not. No need to hold his hand any longer.

The posturing that you are alluding to is naivity on your part. No one is buying tire pumping. This is the NHL with people who's job consists of knowing to a T how players are performing as we'll as their flaws.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Lol I don't think you understand a thing I'm saying, Boogeyman.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Boogeyman on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Neat, MRandall.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MWB on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:05 pm

Boogeyman wrote:I mean, what are you accomplishing by proclaiming Fleury the number one goalie moving forward? You basically just **** on the guy (Vokoun) who carried this team as far as he could.

Why would he say anything other than this? It won't effect Vokoun to hear this. It won't do anything but help Fluery, or his value. This is basically a statement with no downside (very little upside also).
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Guinness on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:06 pm

lol I can't believe people are still genuinely mad. I think it's actually getting worse, rather than better.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Beveridge on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Teams don't throw players under the bus unless they never want free agents to come there or any of their players to resign.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MWB on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:08 pm

Guinness wrote:lol I can't believe people are still genuinely mad. I think it's actually getting worse, rather than better.

Time lets wounds fester, or something like that.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:44 pm

MWB wrote:
Guinness wrote:lol I can't believe people are still genuinely mad. I think it's actually getting worse, rather than better.

Is it anger or severe disappointment?

with me it's the latter and bit of anxiety that this may have been our best opportunity for a while.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:34 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
MWB wrote:

Is it anger or severe disappointment?

with me it's the latter and bit of anxiety that this may have been our best opportunity for a while.

For me it's neither anger nor disappointment. I look at the Pens and spit in disrespect.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MWB on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:41 pm

Anger seems to fit some of these posts.

I may be naive, but I don't really see how this would be the Pens best opportunity for awhile. Sure, changes need to be made, but I don't expect them to fall into the abyss anytime soon. Anything can happen, but I see this as a contending team for awhile still.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitts on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:01 pm

Dupuis IS NOT a legitimate top six forward. He's a nice player with Crosby who had a great year, but he is a 3rd line forward for life. Period.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Getting To My Game on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:03 pm

I think Fleury could sleep with Bylsma's wife, defraud his kid's trust friend, and take a dump in their living room, and Bylsma would still hitch his wagon to the Fleury star.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Antonio on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Pitts wrote:Dupuis IS NOT a legitimate top six forward. He's a nice player with Crosby who had a great year, but he is a 3rd line forward for life. Period.

no, but the guy puts up top line numbers when paired with a top line center which not everyone can do. the guy was on pace for a 40 goal season through 50 games this year which is a pretty large sample size to factor for streakiness. I have no faith that if left on his own he could put up those kind of numbers but if he can do it consistently with Crosby then he is worth three or four million a year. just like James Neal can't do anything on his own but for 5 million a year if he can put up 40 plus goals with Malkin I am happy.
Antonio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Stevo on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:10 pm

I'm a simple man from humble beginnings. Born in Pittsburgh PA to hard working blue collar people. My father is a carpenter and i make my living as a carpenter. To be a truly good carpenter requires more trial and error than it does a towering intellect. My only edukational achievement being a high school diploma is further proof that my lifestyle does not require the brightest or most beautiful of minds.

All that being said.

Even I know that the only way to beat "the trap" is to either attack the middle of the ice with speed and drive to the net or dump and forcheck like a demon. It's North to South NOT East to West that wins hockey games.

So my question is, if i know this why doesn't Dan Bylsma?

Why do i make $xx,xxx make a year and he $x,xxx,xxx a year? Peace out HCDB.
Stevo
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Getting To My Game on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:11 pm

Stevo wrote:My only edukational achievement being a high school diploma

You don't say?
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Getting To My Game wrote:
Stevo wrote:My only edukational achievement being a high school diploma

You don't say?

I assuming that was done on purpose.

But carpentry by "Trial and Error"? Would you mind telling me the buildings you erected the first few years of your apprenticeship? I'd like to avoid them. :pop:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins