Malkin #1 Priority and other tidbits...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Malkin #1 Priority and other tidbits...

Postby topshelf on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:40 pm

- Malkin is the Pens first priority (from Rossi, so take it with a grain of salt):
http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/4164497-74/malkin-million-penguins#axzz2Vly67bc8

- @Dejan_Kovacevic: "Iginla VERY much sounds like he wants to return. Believes still top-six forward but wouldn't demand that role."

More in the link below, including him saying that he thinks he'll have a better year next year:
http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/4164504-74/iginla-penguins-season#axzz2VfYcySdG

- Paul Martin definitely had a "significant" injury, which is why he missed practices later in the series. He finished the playoffs as a +5. I think this is a huge testament to the player he is and his value to the team.

- Pens plan on keeping Dupuis from testing the market. Apparently he wants 4 years. Again, it's Rossi:
http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/4164497-74/malkin-million-penguins#axzz2Vly67bc8

- Also from the link above, it's mentioned that Letang will want $7 mil. a year. For the third time, it's Rossi.
topshelf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Malkin #1 Priority and other tidbits...

Postby meow on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Later, Letang. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Bioshock on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:43 pm

I don't think i need to take it with a grain of salt that Malkin is the Pens top priority. Lol.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KBone on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:45 pm

meow wrote:Later, Letang. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I think he'll get Staal'ed.

Shero will offer him a "fair-to-both-sides" deal and Letang will turn it down. Then Shero will deal him.
KBone
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Bioshock on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:45 pm

When it comes to stuff like this, Rossi is very tuned in. It's at the trade deadline and stuff like that i ignore him.

Also, Dupuis i think will get what he wants. Dude is just the heart of this team along with Orpik, Malkin and Crosby.

Bye Letang. His quotes today screamed, "Hey, if i don't resign, it's all my agents' fault."
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Getting To My Game on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:47 pm

Bioshock wrote:When it comes to stuff like this, Rossi is very tuned in.

To the voices in his head and the conversations he has with his RealDoll
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby nocera on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:53 pm

I would give Iginla a shot on a one year deal under the condition that he's actually able to play right wing.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bioshock on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:56 pm

nocera wrote:I would give Iginla a shot on a one year deal under the condition that he's actually able to play right wing.

That's my feelings as well. I would love to sign Iggy. Dude is a great guy and plays great... WHEN ON RW!!!

Seriously, if you aren't gonna use him right in any capacity then you shouldn't even give him an offer. Let some other team make use of your terrible mistake to mishandle a hall of famer...
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Malkamaniac on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:57 pm

Bioshock wrote:
nocera wrote:I would give Iginla a shot on a one year deal under the condition that he's actually able to play right wing.

That's my feelings as well. I would love to sign Iggy. Dude is a great guy and plays great... WHEN ON RW!!!

Seriously, if you aren't gonna use him right in any capacity then you shouldn't even give him an offer. Let some other team make use of your terrible mistake to mishandle a hall of famer...

If you're going to keep DB as your coach, I'd have a long talk with him first and beat it into his head that Iginla on the LW "isn't best for the team."
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Antonio on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:58 pm

i like Letang a lot overall, and I think in a quality disciplined system with a quality coach and an excellent solid defensive partner to anchor him down, he would be dynamite. However the problem is we have none of those other things, and for 8 million dollars a year its a luxury we just cannot afford, given that we have none of the other pieces in place to make him be worth the full value of that contract.
Antonio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:07 pm

Letang just might be worth that with the right system and partner.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bioshock on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:10 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Letang just might be worth that with the right system and partner.

Minnesota
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Wow, I so agree with Dejan. How can that stupid ape Bylsma say these things. Not that I expect him to throw Fleury under the bus - keep or trade him, better to be political in that situation - but I see his comments as very disrespectful to Vokoun. Dejan is right that Vokoun may have saved Dan's job. And now this:

http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/4164486-74/bylsma-fleury-coach#axzz2USIgbMhX

And I really couldn't believe it when Bylsma was asked to expound upon what this declaration meant to Vokoun and came up with this: “Tomas ... um, I don't think is in any different boat than when he came in last year. He's going to play games for us, big games, but ... next year, he's not going to get that opportunity because Marc-Andre Fleury's going to be in net for us winning hockey games.”

Oh, for real.

The coach outright tossed into the trash the goaltender who just (maybe) saved the coach's job and who just (undoubtedly) was his team's playoff MVP by a preposterously wide margin. Bylsma exhibited zero timing, zero awareness of what Vokoun means to his teammates.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bioshock on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Wow, I so agree with Dejan. How can that stupid ape Bylsma say these things. Not that I expect him to throw Fleury under the bus - keep or trade him, better to be political in that situation - but I see his comments as very disrespectful to Vokoun. Dejan is right that Vokoun may have saved Dan's job. And now this:

http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/4164486-74/bylsma-fleury-coach#axzz2USIgbMhX

And I really couldn't believe it when Bylsma was asked to expound upon what this declaration meant to Vokoun and came up with this: “Tomas ... um, I don't think is in any different boat than when he came in last year. He's going to play games for us, big games, but ... next year, he's not going to get that opportunity because Marc-Andre Fleury's going to be in net for us winning hockey games.”

Oh, for real.

The coach outright tossed into the trash the goaltender who just (maybe) saved the coach's job and who just (undoubtedly) was his team's playoff MVP by a preposterously wide margin. Bylsma exhibited zero timing, zero awareness of what Vokoun means to his teammates.

Tomas wasn't made available to the media today when he almost ALWAYS is...

Best case scenario: Bylsma lights a fire under Flower coupling that with a new coach and he returns to being a good goalie.
Worst Case: You just threw your only good goalie and playoff MVP under the bus and now have lost 2 goalies instead of 1.

Nice job Bylsma...
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby farnham16 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:42 pm

Bylsma's comments today on MAF and Vokoun were crazy. Plain and simple.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:00 am

I have no clue what the hell DB was doing, thinking, or trying to say. He's too comfortable and yeah, he needs to go.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins