Disco should be rooting for a Boston sweep.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Disco should be rooting for a Boston sweep.

Postby slipshod on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:42 pm

I think a Chicago victory will seal HCDB's fate. If Boston shuts them down like they did the Pens, I can see Mgmt saying "well... hell. Those guys shut down Chicago too." and giving Dan another year. If Chicago comes out and defeats Boston by actually catering their game to specifically beat Boston then it HAS to be doomsday for Disco.
slipshod
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Disco should be rooting for a Boston sweep.

Postby Beveridge on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:45 pm

What ever decision is made, I would hope upper management (and they won't) doesn't use this series as a guide for the direction they should go.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Tyler Durden on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:53 pm

slipshod wrote:I think a Chicago victory will seal HCDB's fate. If Boston shuts them down like they did the Pens, I can see Mgmt saying "well... hell. Those guys shut down Chicago too." and giving Dan another year. If Chicago comes out and defeats Boston by actually catering their game to specifically beat Boston then it HAS to be doomsday for Disco.

Disagree. You have to make the decision based on the direction of the Penguins, not on what happens with the opponents who have defeated the Pens. That's faulty logic. The Penguins lost to a lower seed once again for the fourth straight year.That means more than what the Bruins do.
Tyler Durden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby brwi on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:56 pm

I can't agree. By that logic, the Leafs are a LOT better than the Pens when they sure aren't.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby longtimefan on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:32 pm

If Bylsma is to be fired, it probably will be tomorrow, before the start of the finals.
longtimefan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby slipshod on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:56 pm

brwi wrote:I can't agree. By that logic, the Leafs are a LOT better than the Pens when they sure aren't.

What about better coached?
slipshod
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby slipshod on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
slipshod wrote:I think a Chicago victory will seal HCDB's fate. If Boston shuts them down like they did the Pens, I can see Mgmt saying "well... hell. Those guys shut down Chicago too." and giving Dan another year. If Chicago comes out and defeats Boston by actually catering their game to specifically beat Boston then it HAS to be doomsday for Disco.

Disagree. You have to make the decision based on the direction of the Penguins, not on what happens with the opponents who have defeated the Pens. That's faulty logic. The Penguins lost to a lower seed once again for the fourth straight year.That means more than what the Bruins do.

I'm not saying I agree with it. I'm saying it could be his only chance if they haven't made their choice already. (I hope they have and they get rid of him)
slipshod
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby shmenguin on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:03 pm

it's been established by our head coach for life that the bruins rely on the dark forces of the universe to protect their goal crease. he's a smart guy, so he has to realize that chicago might have their own arsenal of smoke monsters that are twice as magical as boston's.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:05 pm

Bylsma is a hell of a guy
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: "Whatcha you be smokin' cuz? you guys aren't nothing but hoopty"

Postby Gaucho on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Beveridge wrote:What ever decision is made, I would hope upper management (and they won't) doesn't use this series as a guide for the direction they should go.

No, they won't.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Henry Hank on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:07 pm

That's not going to factor into it. They've already made their decision. I really doubt he's getting fired. The Pens have been eliminated since Friday. They were realistically done in that series at least a few days before that. They've had a fair amount of time to think this over. I doubt they're going to drag their feet on this with several other teams also going after new coaches right now. Word got out pretty quickly that Meloche was getting fired. No word on the rest of the staff likely equals they're staying. In fact Bylsma probably will get a contract extension so that he's not a lame duck coach this season.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitt87 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:02 pm

I don't see how any other team winning or losing would cause another team's head coach to get fired.

It was getting swept that did that for him.
Pitt87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Malkamaniac on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:04 pm

Gaucho wrote:
Beveridge wrote:What ever decision is made, I would hope upper management (and they won't) doesn't use this series as a guide for the direction they should go.

No, they won't.

Incredibly short sighted if they do lol.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins