Something that really needs to stop...

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Something that really needs to stop...

Postby mac5155 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Willie Kool wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
doublem wrote:how on earth could this bother a human being? It's 1 dollar.

IMO if Walmart donated $1 of every sale they made, it'd be less of an impact to the donor.

Instead of dividend checks, they could mail out charitable receipts to the shareholders.

Gubment would never stand for that. Lol
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby She'sTheFastest on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:54 am

shafnutz05 wrote:Just left Wal-Mart. Sure enough, heard the cashier ask me if I wanted to donate a dollar to the Children's Miracle Network. I immediately flew into a rage and bludgeoned her body with a deck umbrella I was trying to purchase. As I stood there, covered in the cashier's blood, I looked down with my lip quivering. "I...will...NOT... be...oppressed."

An off duty officer at the store nodded solemnly and let me leave without paying for my purchases. I will gladly take half the sum I just saved and donate it to the charity of MY choice on MY terms.

Which Wal-Mart that makes a difference because umbrella selction is probably different.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ulf on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:00 pm

mac5155 wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:
mac5155 wrote:

IMO if Walmart donated $1 of every sale they made, it'd be less of an impact to the donor.

Instead of dividend checks, they could mail out charitable receipts to the shareholders.

lol or the shareholders
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pfim on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:04 pm

Can't say I've ever been asked twice to donate. Can't say I've ever given it a second thought until I saw this thread.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:28 pm

Grunthy wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Just left Wal-Mart. Sure enough, heard the cashier ask me if I wanted to donate a dollar to the Children's Miracle Network. I immediately flew into a rage and bludgeoned her body with a deck umbrella I was trying to purchase. As I stood there, covered in the cashier's blood, I looked down with my lip quivering. "I...will...NOT... be...oppressed."

An off duty officer at the store nodded solemnly and let me leave without paying for my purchases. I will gladly take half the sum I just saved and donate it to the charity of MY choice on MY terms.

OMG.

i know, i cannot believe shaf shops at walmart either...

outstanding. :thumb:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:36 pm

ulf wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:
mac5155 wrote:

lol or the shareholders

At least they'd get a tax break of some sort. Still less than their dividend checks though
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ulf on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:42 pm

Probably wouldn't get a tax break because they probably wouldn't invest in it..
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby redwill on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:50 pm

Just wait until the NSA reads this. They'll alert their army of crippled children and you'll get a crutch through your neck outside of any Wal-Mart you dare go to.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to NHR