briere

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

briere

Postby lemieuxReturns on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:23 pm

So if the flyers buyout danny b, any chance the pens are interested? If the pens can not re-sign duper, I could see briere playing on that wing nicely.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,183
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: briere

Postby shmenguin on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:49 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:So if the flyers buyout danny b, any chance the pens are interested? If the pens can not re-sign duper, I could see briere playing on that wing nicely.


Briere is a good player and we've done ok in the past with "soft" wings.

The flyers would t be wise to get rid of him unless they really need that money freed up
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,753
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: briere

Postby meow on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:14 pm

The acquisition of Streit clouds Briere's future in Filthadelphia.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,527
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: briere

Postby lemieuxReturns on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:15 pm

shmenguin wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:So if the flyers buyout danny b, any chance the pens are interested? If the pens can not re-sign duper, I could see briere playing on that wing nicely.


Briere is a good player and we've done ok in the past with "soft" wings.

The flyers would t be wise to get rid of him unless they really need that money freed up


They are already over the projected cap for next season and that is without the addition of Streit.

Their cap situation is actually really horrible. http://capgeek.com/flyers/
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,183
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: briere

Postby columbia on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:19 pm

I'd put him in the "definitely maybe" column.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,294
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: briere

Postby mikey287 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:23 pm

No thanks...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,854
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: briere

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:27 pm

If you want to rage at someone who takes untimely stick penalties, then he's your guy.

He's soffer than soff anymore, also.
Last edited by Lt. Dish on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,963
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: PDAS: In Good Hands Since 2008. JOIN TODAY!

Re: briere

Postby pfim on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:27 pm

no no no
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,789
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Re: briere

Postby Rylan on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Despite the Bruins series, the Pens top six is fine. I would much rather build the bottom six and defense than touch the top 6 anymore.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: briere

Postby lemieuxReturns on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:34 pm

Rylan wrote:Despite the Bruins series, the Pens top six is fine. I would much rather build the bottom six and defense than touch the top 6 anymore.

who is playing geno's wing and sid's wing? your current top 6 only has 4 signed members... unless you are bringing up bb to geno's wing.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,183
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: briere

Postby Rylan on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:35 pm

Jussi, Bennett with either Dupuis or Iginla likely signing a deal with the Pens.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: briere

Postby mikey287 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Bennett is looking ready to go. Briere is a liability at ES defensively.

Fans want Bylsma out and a defensive guy like Tippett in, but then want to give him defense-less players...it's a paradox.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,854
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: briere

Postby Rylan on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:48 pm

mikey287 wrote:Bennett is looking ready to go. Briere is a liability at ES defensively.

Fans want Bylsma out and a defensive guy like Tippett in, but then want to give him defense-less players...it's a paradox.


Coaches fault no matter the personnel.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: briere

Postby mikey287 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:56 pm

Don't forget Fleury...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,854
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: briere

Postby Rylan on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:27 pm

lol very true. He is the opposite, the coach can do nothing for him but possibly selling to a diamond mine for a few bucks apparently.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: briere

Postby shmenguin on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:50 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:So if the flyers buyout danny b, any chance the pens are interested? If the pens can not re-sign duper, I could see briere playing on that wing nicely.


Briere is a good player and we've done ok in the past with "soft" wings.

The flyers would t be wise to get rid of him unless they really need that money freed up


They are already over the projected cap for next season and that is without the addition of Streit.

Their cap situation is actually really horrible. http://capgeek.com/flyers/


Pronger's off the books right off the bat. But yeah, they'll still have to buyout 1 or 2 guys.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,753
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: briere

Postby Kaizer on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:42 am

briere is a playoff performer. not everyone needs to be a bone crushing checker to win. he's got about as much toughness as Neal, with a much better hockey mind, and passing ability. I'd rather have him than keep watching Iginla enter the zone, lose the puck, exit the zone.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,377
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Crazy Town

Re: briere

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:45 am

meow wrote:The acquisition of Streit clouds Briere's future in Filthadelphia.


I think it actually clears things up completely. He has no future there.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,212
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: briere

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:46 am

Rylan wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Bennett is looking ready to go. Briere is a liability at ES defensively.

Fans want Bylsma out and a defensive guy like Tippett in, but then want to give him defense-less players...it's a paradox.


Coaches fault no matter the personnel.


This thread was made after Bylsma was retained, so I'm not sure I understand this argument. Briere would be perfect for Bylsma, aside from the penchant for playing better in the playoffs than the regular season of course.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,212
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: briere

Postby Rylan on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:05 am

Sarcasm...heavy sarcasm
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: briere

Postby Pitts on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:35 pm

N to the o to the n to the o to the n to the o to the n to the o to the n to the o to the n to the o to the n to the o to the n to the o.... I could go on.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,677
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: briere

Postby Pitts on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Kaizer wrote:briere is a playoff performer. not everyone needs to be a bone crushing checker to win. he's got about as much toughness as Neal, with a much better hockey mind, and passing ability. I'd rather have him than keep watching Iginla enter the zone, lose the puck, exit the zone.

Briere is an LTIR waiting to happen. He's old, he's broke.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,677
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: briere

Postby Pitt87 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:36 am

Always saw Briere as a playmaker, but he also has good hands around the net and scores a lot in that area. He takes a beating when he plays in that space which I suspect is why he is injured so often these days, so I don't see a fit with Sid or Geno or the PP units, and isn't as gritty as a Kennedy or even Jokinen to play on the 3rd or 4th lines.

I also don't see how the Flyers don't use a buyout for Hartnell way before Briere. His contract will be painful for a much longer time, and Danny can score.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,250
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:33 am
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: briere

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:53 am

There is nothing wrong with Hartnell's cap hit. He's worth that.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,212
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: briere

Postby lemieuxReturns on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:33 am

Idoit40fans wrote:There is nothing wrong with Hartnell's cap hit. He's worth that.



I agree. Actually many people felt he took a significant discount at the time that he signed that deal.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/08/21/scott-hartnell-signed-a-6-year-deal-with-the-flyers-for-less-money-than-hes-worth/
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,183
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Next

Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


e-mail