the Budweiser Red Light

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

the Budweiser Red Light

Postby knives of ice on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:07 pm

after months of waiting, i finally got one of these. i had to get it sent to a friends house in canada since they won't ship to the usa. i got it yesterday just in time for the cup finals. thus far, have to give it an A+ for a review. it is all going to depend on your television delay, but the moment the first goal was scored by Lucic tonight my goal light went off. pretty crazy. the build quality is really impressive as well.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: the Budweiser Red Light

Postby GaryRissling on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:12 pm

That is awesome. How's the setup work? I'd much prefer that their beer was unavailable in the US.
GaryRissling
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby knives of ice on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:11 am

there is a card that you insert into the light like an sd card that basically gives it wifi. you then download the red light app for ios or android. the bad thing is the android app is blocked in the usa but i had an ipod touch that didn't block the red light app there at all. i then got someone in canada to send me the android apk file to use my phone today. the setup is a bit weird with the app in that its unlike anything i've ever seen. you fill out the info on the app for the wifi network and also mark what teams you want the light to alert you for as few or as many as you'd like - so for me i set it up to go off for the hawks and bruins. then once you tell it this you hold you phone next to the card inserted into the redlight and it flashes a bright white light pattern that programs the card somehow. easy to setup for sure.

6 goals in tonight and i'm stunned how well this works, it seriously goes off with the accuracy of being at the game as in the second its in the net this thing is going off. i know from watching youtube videos its different for everyone but its perfect for the scf on nbc with directv for me tonight.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:40 am

If you don't mind answering. How much did you drop?
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shoeshine boy on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:25 am

were you still awake when the 7th goal went in at 1:00AM?
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby knives of ice on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:40 pm

CERV96 wrote:If you don't mind answering. How much did you drop?

i paid whatever the price it was on the budweiser site i think that was like $160 canadian plus around $30 to have it shipped from my friend in winnipeg to the usa but it was on backorder so i waited around 4 months for it. well worth the price for me anyways.

yeah, i was still up of course. have to say for a few goals i was on my tablet just listening and the goal light startled me a bit.

i hope the red light works as well with pens games next year. will be tough because i've seen some youtube videos where it will go off a few seconds before the goal or up to 15 seconds aftewards.

this red light is awesome but someone woudl be smart to start a business to make them similar. more customization and the goal horns for every team could make it better.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shoeshine boy on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:13 am

knives of ice wrote:
this red light is awesome but someone woudl be smart to start a business to make them similar. more customization and the goal horns for every team could make it better.

you have to activate it yourself with a remote control but it at least has every teams goal horn:
http://www.amazon.com/Goal-Light-Horn-T ... goal+light
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:37 pm

shoeshine boy wrote:
knives of ice wrote:

you have to activate it yourself with a remote control but it at least has every teams goal horn:

Awesome. Just picked that up. Will also be in use for Pirate home runs until next season rolls around
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:23 pm

I heard for the pirates that it plays TAPS everytime they lose
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:54 am

DudeMan2766 wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:
knives of ice wrote:

Awesome. Just picked that up. Will also be in use for Pirate home runs until next season rolls around

Yeah, this thing is awesome. Just remember to turn it off or the batteries will die quickly.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mollykatt13 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:45 am

I'm in the US, and a friend from Canada recently shipped me a red light I had sent to him. Can someone please help me with getting this to work in the US? I am unable to download the app. I have both an android and iphone that could be used. Any suggestions on how to get the app in the US? Thank you!
mollykatt13

Postby thepittman on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:47 pm

mollykatt13 wrote:I'm in the US, and a friend from Canada recently shipped me a red light I had sent to him. Can someone please help me with getting this to work in the US? I am unable to download the app. I have both an android and iphone that could be used. Any suggestions on how to get the app in the US? Thank you!

http://www.rgbfilter.com/?p=16245
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby knives of ice on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:49 pm

mollykatt13 wrote:I'm in the US, and a friend from Canada recently shipped me a red light I had sent to him. Can someone please help me with getting this to work in the US? I am unable to download the app. I have both an android and iphone that could be used. Any suggestions on how to get the app in the US? Thank you!

i have the red light and the app is in my itunes store. well, at least it is on the old versions.

if you can't get it to work PM me with your email and i'll send you the apk for android.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jim on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:08 pm

I really wanted one of these when I first saw them, but figured that we (USA) would get screwed somehow... so I didn't pull the trigger.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to NHR