Movie

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Movie

Postby Eismann on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:20 am

GSdrums87 wrote:The Cabin In The Woods...on Netflix. Amazing "horror" movie, and absolutely hilarious. Any horror buff NEEDS to see it.

I really enjoyed it. It managed to be gripping as far as the story/gore goes, but was honest in the amount of kitsch it was allowing.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby meecrofilm on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:05 am

Rylan wrote:Watched D3: The Mighty Ducks.

It really is as terrible as I remember it. Holy cow what a piece of *charcoal*

YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE. D3 was the only thing that kept me afloat after Game 4 last week (caught the seond half on a movie channel). The Ducks Trilogy might be the best bad movies of all time.

And re: Franco. Amazing in 127 Hours. I feel like this conversation is had on a bi-monthly basis for some reason.

I liked Cabin in the Woods, and I almost never watch any horror movies, but
Spoiler:
The "purge" option is still something that annoyed me a basically a cheap plot device
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:07 am

I like D1 and D2. But D3 should have never existed.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:09 am

Rylan wrote:I like D1 and D2. But D3 should have never existed.

This 10000x over.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:13 am

What. They had to go from world champs to just getting JV scholarships. Charlie had to learn how to play two-way hockey. Dean Portman had to randomly show up just so he could do a striptease in the penalty box. Paul Kariya had to add his expert analysis to the JV-Varsity showdown.

That movie absolutely needed to exist, and they need to make a 4th one now where Banks is a washed up pro who's in debt from gambling problems and it just so happens Gunner Stahl is who he owes the money to, so he convinces him to play for it, so he rounds up all the old Ducks (the ones that matter) and there is a rematch with Iceland. Rob Corddry is in it for some reason (mainly because he's awesome). We needed that movie made yesterday.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:17 am

I think i'm interested in D3. Is Charlie Kovalchuk? Was Charlie ever good? Why was Charlie ever a main character? Funny story, there was a time when I thought Charlie was a girl in that first movie. Nope, just really feminine.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:19 am

Adam Banks should have gotten more respect than he got. The team treated him poorly and he still tried to be good with them.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Dickie Dunn on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:21 am

meecrofilm wrote:What. They had to go from world champs to just getting JV scholarships. Charlie had to learn how to play two-way hockey. Dean Portman had to randomly show up just so he could do a striptease in the penalty box. Paul Kariya had to add his expert analysis to the JV-Varsity showdown.

That movie absolutely needed to exist, and they need to make a 4th one now where Banks is a washed up pro who's in debt from gambling problems and it just so happens Gunner Stahl is who he owes the money to, so he convinces him to play for it, so he rounds up all the old Ducks (the ones that matter) and there is a rematch with Iceland. Rob Corddry is in it for some reason (mainly because he's awesome). We needed that movie made yesterday.

I hope they reunite the Oreo line from the first movie. Wondering what happened to Jesse Hall's brother keeps me up at night. I've already come to terms with the likelihood that Peter ended up in juvie, but I must know where Terry Hall went.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Froggy on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:21 am

meecrofilm wrote:What. They had to go from world champs to just getting JV scholarships. Charlie had to learn how to play two-way hockey. Dean Portman had to randomly show up just so he could do a striptease in the penalty box. Paul Kariya had to add his expert analysis to the JV-Varsity showdown.

i would watch this movie
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:41 pm

Everyone would watch that movie.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:43 pm

What is it going to be rated?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:51 pm

PG-13. The R rating just wouldn't feel right, even though they're all much older. Still doesn't mean some **** can't go down. Because it will.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:59 pm

I'll see it at PG-13
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Beveridge on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:19 pm

This discussion might be my new favorite on this board.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby canaan on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:45 pm

It should be a hard R. Violent. Dark. Morose with an unhappy ending.

Karp is in prison pending domestic violence charges.
Goldberg owns a local hardware store deep into debt because of box store monopolies.
Jesse Hall--dead overdose at 19.
Fulton Reed on the run from knocking over a convenience store
Hans' death and honor thrown away with young adults claiming they were abused
Connie Moreau could be written word-for-word as a sequal to jennifer connelly's role in requiem.

Bombay's DUI/Manslaughter trial brings together a coalition of these rag-tag individuals who get together to revive one last pond hockey game before the area is re-appropriated for townhouses and shopping centers. the tournament brings back the other local peewee players as a benefit to the child and mother that were killed by bombay's gin/adderall infused automobile double homicide. Its a tale of the realism that overtakes young heralded athletes that have nowhere to turn after their short-sighted dreams of the NHL wither away. Charlie Conway, the only successful NHL'er of the bunch, is sporadically talked about in the papers and news as being one of the 1st out and about homosexual hockey players--a role he defiantly rebukes. this subplot reaches an incredible denouement when it becomes public knowledge that he and longtime childhood friend adam banks are plastered across the ottawa sun kissing and doing cocaine in the vip section of a LA nightclub. he makes his way back home to hide from the paparazzi.

the story writes itself.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:52 pm

canaan wrote:It should be a hard R. Violent. Dark. Morose with an unhappy ending.

Karp is in prison pending domestic violence charges.
Goldberg owns a local hardware store deep into debt because of box store monopolies.
Jesse Hall--dead overdose at 19.
Fulton Reed on the run from knocking over a convenience store
Hans' death and honor thrown away with young adults claiming they were abused
Connie Moreau could be written word-for-word as a sequal to jennifer connelly's role in requiem.

Bombay's DUI/Manslaughter trial brings together a coalition of these rag-tag individuals who get together to revive one last pond hockey game before the area is re-appropriated for townhouses and shopping centers. the tournament brings back the other local peewee players as a benefit to the child and mother that were killed by bombay's gin/adderall infused automobile double homicide. Its a tale of the realism that overtakes young heralded athletes that have nowhere to turn after their short-sighted dreams of the NHL wither away. Charlie Conway, the only successful NHL'er of the bunch, is sporadically talked about in the papers and news as being one of the 1st out and about homosexual hockey players--a role he defiantly rebukes. this subplot reaches an incredible denouement when it becomes public knowledge that he and longtime childhood friend adam banks are plastered across the ottawa sun kissing and doing cocaine in the vip section of a LA nightclub. he makes his way back home to hide from the paparazzi.

the story writes itself.

Oh god, my sides
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eddysnake on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:03 pm

and the academy award goes to... Mighty Ducks IV? ...the hell?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:06 pm

I'd probably call it "4: An Endangered Species" or just "endangered species"
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:13 pm

Adam Banks was like 5 times the player Charlie Conway was.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:17 pm

Donkey Lips should definately play adult Goldberg

Spoiler:

Since real Goldberg looks old enough to play his own dad

Spoiler:
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby meecrofilm on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:31 pm

eddysnake wrote:and the academy award goes to... Mighty Ducks IV? ...the hell?

And he passes it back to....... Goldberg?!
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby meecrofilm on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:37 pm

canaan wrote:It should be a hard R. Violent. Dark. Morose with an unhappy ending..

Don't forget, Keenan reprises his role as Russ Tyler, who is now a drug kingpin himself (sold the stuff that Hall OD'd on), who makes all his undetected shipments through G-force dek hockey balls that he took the water out of and replaced with coke and heroin balloons. Schoolyard puck!
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:38 pm

I think a reimagining would also be awesome...a dark tale of a drunken former hockey player thats inability to listen to those around him about his drinking problem reaches a harrowing end when he drives out onto the ice of a frozen Mighty Pond in a limousine that cracks the ice and kills a group of children playing pond hockey. their frozen corpses are found by the police floating in a shell of ice, bobbing like ducks in a pond.

"The Mighty Ducks"
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Silence of the Ducks
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:41 pm

meecrofilm wrote:
canaan wrote:It should be a hard R. Violent. Dark. Morose with an unhappy ending..

Don't forget, Keenan reprises his role as Russ Tyler, who is now a drug kingpin himself (sold the stuff that Hall OD'd on), who makes all his undetected shipments through G-force dek hockey balls that he took the water out of and replaced with coke and heroin balloons. Schoolyard puck!

a writing credit coming your way.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR