Pascal Dupuis Expected Salary

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pascal Dupuis Expected Salary

Postby Nizzy on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:43 am

thepittman wrote:No Iginla please

Guerin looked way worse during 5v5 play than Iggy.

Keep iggy.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby SoCalPenguin on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:04 am

2/6.5 (3.25 per)

Yes he could get more on the market but that is what I would offer considering age.
SoCalPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pens_CT on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:49 am

RxBandit66 wrote:Take Dupuis away from Crosby and his numbers will drop precipitously.

Really? I thought that myth was broken in the 2011/12 season when he scored 25 goals when Crosby only played ~20 games. He plays well wherever he is in the lineup, and he should be resigned unless the money/contract length gets crazy.
pens_CT
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pens_CT on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:51 am

Nizzy wrote:
thepittman wrote:No Iginla please

Guerin looked way worse during 5v5 play than Iggy.

Keep iggy.

Try to resign him only if Bylsma plays him on the RW and on the PP. Otherwise its a waste of money.
pens_CT
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby topshelf on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:48 am

Kharlamov wrote:Just my opinion, but, I think you guys are overvaluing Dupuis.

Agreed. BUT, this summer's free agent market is relatively weak, so you know someone is going to over pay to get him.

I am in the camp that feels that Dupuis' numbers are a direct result of his linemates. I'm not trying to take anything away from the guy, and I'd never criticize his work ethic or heart, but if he goes to a team where the talent level drops, so will his production.

I say a cap hit of 3.5 mil. for the Pens and if he turns that down, let him walk.
topshelf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Crankshaft on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:32 am

RxBandit66 wrote:Take Dupuis away from Crosby and his numbers will drop precipitously.

Crankshaft
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:29 pm

If you look at Kunitz' last two years, then look at Dupuis' last two years, they aren't that far off. Considering Dupuis' gets very little PP time, it's hard to say he doesn't deserve something close to Kunitz' 3.725. I would think at 34, the Pens would want to stick to 3 years, but Dupuis probably would want 4.

Brian Metzer made good points for giving him the 4th year though:
Brian Metzer wrote:I don't see a big problem with 4 years. He is in prime shape, doesn't miss games. structure dollars so that he can transition into more of a role guy later in deal. Two years in top six, two (MB one) on 3rd.

Dupuis is also 34 so the 35+ rules wouldn't apply to him. http://www.capgeek.com/faq/what-s-a-35-plus-contract

He has a large family and they reportedly all love it here. He's left money on the table before, so I'm sure he's willing to do it again, but how much? I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least one team willing to drop $20M over 4-5 years for him. I certainly wouldn't, but we all know there's always deals like that.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:19 pm

netwolf wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least one team willing to drop $20M over 4-5 years for him. I certainly wouldn't, but we all know there's always deals like that.

The Rangers immediately come to mind, on that one.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby NeddieVedder on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:34 pm

topshelf wrote:I am in the camp that feels that Dupuis' numbers are a direct result of his linemates.

Which ones? Crosby and Kunitz, Staal and Sullivan, or Morrow and Jokinen? Because he's produced with all of them.
NeddieVedder
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Crankshaft on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:38 pm

NeddieVedder wrote:
topshelf wrote:I am in the camp that feels that Dupuis' numbers are a direct result of his linemates.

Which ones? Crosby and Kunitz, Staal and Sullivan, or Morrow and Jokinen? Because he's produced with all of them.

Mainly Crosby and Kunitz, where he received the bulk of his points.
Crankshaft
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Steve Dave on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:38 pm

netwolf wrote:If you look at Kunitz' last two years, then look at Dupuis' last two years, they aren't that far off. Considering Dupuis' gets very little PP time, it's hard to say he doesn't deserve something close to Kunitz' 3.725. I would think at 34, the Pens would want to stick to 3 years, but Dupuis probably would want 4.

Brian Metzer made good points for giving him the 4th year though:
Brian Metzer wrote:I don't see a big problem with 4 years. He is in prime shape, doesn't miss games. structure dollars so that he can transition into more of a role guy later in deal. Two years in top six, two (MB one) on 3rd.

Dupuis is also 34 so the 35+ rules wouldn't apply to him. http://www.capgeek.com/faq/what-s-a-35-plus-contract

He has a large family and they reportedly all love it here. He's left money on the table before, so I'm sure he's willing to do it again, but how much? I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least one team willing to drop $20M over 4-5 years for him. I certainly wouldn't, but we all know there's always deals like that.

4 years, $13mil ~ $3.25/yr ($4,$4, $3, $2)
Last edited by Steve Dave on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Crankshaft on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:41 pm

I just can't wrap my head around a $4 million per year 38 year old Pascal Dupuis. I truly feel like that will bite the Pens in the rear.
Crankshaft
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:55 pm

I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Last edited by Lt. Dish on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby NeddieVedder on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Crankshaft wrote:
NeddieVedder wrote:

Mainly Crosby and Kunitz, where he received the bulk of his points.

5 goals, 14 points in 13 games after Crosby broke his jaw.
25 goals, 59 points playing with Staal and Sullivan last season.
NeddieVedder
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pens_CT on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:58 pm

Crankshaft wrote:I just can't wrap my head around a $4 million per year 38 year old Pascal Dupuis. I truly feel like that will bite the Pens in the rear.

You have to look at it in terms of what percent of the cap $ 4 million is in four years. It might be no more than what a 2.5 to 3 million cap hit is today.
pens_CT
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby no name on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:15 pm

3 year 2.75 a season (8.25), when you look at Sheros dealings with players at his age this would be great offer. Other wise you have to let him walk.

if he wants 4 years I would have to off 2.25 for 4 years. (9 million)

For our situation that I feel is the best we can do.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:29 pm

Dupuis produces with everyone not named Dustin Jeffrey. There's plenty of evidence that he doesn't rely on Sid for his production. I'm not sure how anyone could say otherwise.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:32 pm

NeddieVedder wrote:

He produced with Morrow and Jokinen?
Pitt87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby columbia on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:34 pm

I don't remember the stat lines, but the 10-36-9 line looked damned good together.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Crankshaft on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:37 pm

pens_CT wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:I just can't wrap my head around a $4 million per year 38 year old Pascal Dupuis. I truly feel like that will bite the Pens in the rear.

You have to look at it in terms of what percent of the cap $ 4 million is in four years. It might be no more than what a 2.5 to 3 million cap hit is today.

Might
Crankshaft
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby offsides on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:10 pm

I think some GM will throw big bucks at him. On all the lists I see, he is ranked between 2nd and 5th for free agent forwards. Here's hoping he really likes it here because I'm sure RS won't be able to match some of the offers coming his way. Maybe Shero can pull a rabbit out of hat, again.
offsides
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby no name on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:46 pm

I predict he won't be a Penguin next season. I just got that feeling.

Thanks for everything Pascal you deserve whatever you get on the open market.

At first I thought we could work it out but our cap situation with or without Letang doesn't bode well for Dupuis numbers.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby KG on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:41 pm

Wonder if it will come down to Dupuis or Iginla. Shero will probably negotiate with Dupuis first and make a legit offer. If he turns it down I could seem them letting him walk and signing Iginla to a similar contract.
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby RisslingsMissingTeeth on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am

On Sirius NHL radio last Friday, they had some analyst on there who breaks down all of these stats over the past several seasons which gives him some score that he equates to a person's worth. Dupuis' score equated to about $3.5-4M. I think they will re-sign him.
RisslingsMissingTeeth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pcm on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:18 pm

I'd give him 2 years at $3.5 per, but if he wants more years, the salary has to come down. 3 years at $3m or 4 years at < $3m. Though I have a feeling that he signs elsewhere, and Iggy signs here instead.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins