Comcast Customer Service

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Comcast Customer Service

Postby Ben Klingston on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:58 pm

Is it the worst in human history?
Last edited by Ben Klingston on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Comcast Wifi Help

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:01 pm

I have a thought. Why don't you get off your fat ass and change it by hand? :)
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Comcast Customer Service

Postby blackjack68 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:02 pm

When Shad ranted, he gave us a whole story.

You're gonna need to do better.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:03 pm

his post is gone. he got a new fancy pantsy thermostat and wants to control it remotely.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ben Klingston on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:10 pm

Sorry, accidentally deleted.... this is how the day is going.

Basically, I wanted to reset my Comcast Wifi password, to do many things, one is control my fancy pantsy new thermostat, because I have a fat ass and don't wanna get off it.

In doing so, calling Comcast, you get India, of course, then when they can't solve the problem by rebooting the modem, they now send you to 'Level 2 Customer Support', which is also in India, and want to charge you a 1 time fee of $80, or $10.95 monthly 'subscription'. Luckily, after some additional google scouring, I figured it out.

But seriously, Comcast used to have awesome customer service - typically local. Now it's all outsourced and completely sucks. This is about the jazillionth time I've had to call in to their support for various reasons since moving into a new place a few months ago. It has sucked every time.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rylan on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:15 pm

I do not like Comcast. I accept it, but its not awesome.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:18 pm

lol @ fat ass.

I didn't realize they charge so much. That's crazy. I use their internet, but never had such problem. I do know their customer service is rated extremely low. I am actually pretty shocked at the $80.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:20 pm

Ben, what you can do is ask on the DSL forum.

https://secure.dslreports.com/forum/comcastdirect
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ben Klingston on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Thanks, that forum looks good for future use.

Yes, this is the first time I've been told it was going to cost me $$ to get my problem resolved. Ridiculous that in some googling, I was able to find it, on a comcast help page nonetheless, but they were going to charge me for helping over the phone. Lesson learned.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby columbia on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Trust me when I say this: Time Warner's customer service is far worse.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MWB on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:43 pm

columbia wrote:Trust me when I say this: Time Warner's customer service is far worse.

Far, far, far worse.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby joopen on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:15 am

MWB wrote:
columbia wrote:Trust me when I say this: Time Warner's customer service is far worse.

Far, far, far worse.

Not nearly as horrid and incompetent as Verizon... I'm almost at the point if lawyers with them
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pittsoccer33 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:51 am

does comcast provide wifi access points and routers now too?
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mac5155 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:53 am

pittsoccer33 wrote:does comcast provide wifi access points and routers now too?

I was going to say. I don't think wifi passwords are comcast's fault. Hit the reset button on your router, that will reset the password.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:13 am

i just called them to downgrade/cancel my tv service after seeing this thread and remembering i wanted to do that. the introductory offer expires later this month. he asked if it was a matter of cost and i just said i only subscribe during hockey season. after that he just put it through and didnt try begging me to sign up for their crappy dvr or phone service. i was impressed.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Ben Klingston on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:56 am

Yes, Comcast provides a cable modem/wifi router all in one. They come with the wifi password/network key with a sticker on the bottom.

(I should just buy my own, rather than paying the few bucks a month to use theirs). There's a Comcast service login site where you can go to manage/setup your wifi - that's where you can change your wifi password. It took me some googling but eventually found it. I'm old fashioned and, based on their relatively good over-the-phone customer service, used to just call and have them walk me through troubleshooting, but those days are long over. Forums and googling is much more helpful, much less aggravating, and now, apparently, much cheaper.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby GaryRissling on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:00 pm

Yeah, when I was reading the George RR Martin books and I'd get to the parts describing how Ramsay Snow enjoyed flaying and torturing people; I always thought about how he'd be a model Comcast employee.
GaryRissling
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MWB on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:40 pm

joopen wrote:
MWB wrote:

Far, far, far worse.

Not nearly as horrid and incompetent as Verizon... I'm almost at the point if lawyers with them

Here's my TWC sob story:

Spoiler:
About three weeks ago my cable wasn't working. Tried resetting the box, but that didn't work. Called them up to ask what was going on and they said that there appeared to be outages in the area and it should be fine in another hour. Waited a couple hours, then my phone and cable weren't working. Called back. Eventually someone told me that our latest payment had been returned so they did a "soft disconnect" of our services. Why didn't someone let me know my payment was returned? Good question, I'm not sure. So I told them I'd make the payment again right now, since I saw that it wasn't deducted from my account, and they restored service. Annoying, but nothing beyond the normal TWC idiocy so far.

Ten days later I get a knock on my door. It was TWC saying they were there to do a "hard disconnect" of my services.
Why?
It says you have a payment past due.
I paid that 10 days ago.
Umm, ok, let me make a call.
While he was talking to someone on his phone I pulled up my bank statement showing that TWC had withdrawn the payment from my bank. So he tells the person on the phone that he's looking at my bank statement and they've got the money. He then tells me that it's a good thing I was home, otherwise they would have disconnected my service.

So a couple days later I call TWC to ask them why the hell they are trying to disconnect my service when I've paid. I also checked on my bill and found that they added $39 in disconnection and reconnection fees. I was on the phone for over an hour, spoke to six different people, and no one could explain what had happened. They each proceeded to tell me that I had a payment returned though. Twice I asked to talk to supervisors and each time I was transferred back to the main line. I finally got a national customer service person and she said she'd have someone call me back. No one called back.

So a couple days ago I called back. Miraculously I reached someone who was helpful. He said, yes, I see that you paid and that they shouldn't have added any fees, I'll take those off. He did so. However, he said I needed to talk to someone else about one of the $6 fees that had been added, so he transferred me. This person was a complete idiot.
How will you be paying?
Um, for what. I just got sent here for you to credit my account?
Ok, how will you be paying your bill?
I'm not paying a bill, I'm supposed to get a credit.
One moment, I need to look at your bill. Yes, you are past due on your account.
No I'm not. I paid, it was returned, I paid again, it was processed. That was two weeks ago.
Let me look at your bill again. Yes, you are past due.
This went on for about 10 minutes.

I spent about 3 hours on the phone and talked to at least 10 different people in all this time. I may have gotten everything credited, but I'm not sure.
Directv, here I come.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby npv708 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:42 pm

Comcast Customer Service or Microsoft Works?

Which is the bigger oxymoron?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:59 pm

Mwb....you have the patience of a saint.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MWB on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:45 pm

I'm very patient, but it's also the only way to get anything close to what you want/deserve.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby joopen on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

MWB wrote:
joopen wrote:
MWB wrote:

Far, far, far worse.

Here's my TWC sob story:

Spoiler:
About three weeks ago my cable wasn't working. Tried resetting the box, but that didn't work. Called them up to ask what was going on and they said that there appeared to be outages in the area and it should be fine in another hour. Waited a couple hours, then my phone and cable weren't working. Called back. Eventually someone told me that our latest payment had been returned so they did a "soft disconnect" of our services. Why didn't someone let me know my payment was returned? Good question, I'm not sure. So I told them I'd make the payment again right now, since I saw that it wasn't deducted from my account, and they restored service. Annoying, but nothing beyond the normal TWC idiocy so far.

Ten days later I get a knock on my door. It was TWC saying they were there to do a "hard disconnect" of my services.
Why?
It says you have a payment past due.
I paid that 10 days ago.
Umm, ok, let me make a call.
While he was talking to someone on his phone I pulled up my bank statement showing that TWC had withdrawn the payment from my bank. So he tells the person on the phone that he's looking at my bank statement and they've got the money. He then tells me that it's a good thing I was home, otherwise they would have disconnected my service.

So a couple days later I call TWC to ask them why the hell they are trying to disconnect my service when I've paid. I also checked on my bill and found that they added $39 in disconnection and reconnection fees. I was on the phone for over an hour, spoke to six different people, and no one could explain what had happened. They each proceeded to tell me that I had a payment returned though. Twice I asked to talk to supervisors and each time I was transferred back to the main line. I finally got a national customer service person and she said she'd have someone call me back. No one called back.

So a couple days ago I called back. Miraculously I reached someone who was helpful. He said, yes, I see that you paid and that they shouldn't have added any fees, I'll take those off. He did so. However, he said I needed to talk to someone else about one of the $6 fees that had been added, so he transferred me. This person was a complete idiot.
How will you be paying?
Um, for what. I just got sent here for you to credit my account?
Ok, how will you be paying your bill?
I'm not paying a bill, I'm supposed to get a credit.
One moment, I need to look at your bill. Yes, you are past due on your account.
No I'm not. I paid, it was returned, I paid again, it was processed. That was two weeks ago.
Let me look at your bill again. Yes, you are past due.
This went on for about 10 minutes.

I spent about 3 hours on the phone and talked to at least 10 different people in all this time. I may have gotten everything credited, but I'm not sure.
Directv, here I come.

My story is posted in JTOR but long story short. Verizon damaged my lawn during install. Three weeks later and 2 "attempts" later my yard is still destroyed and no one is remotely helpful. My uncle is an attorney. If I don't have a resolution this week he will be involved and Verizon will be laying sod in my yard.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mac5155 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:40 pm

Disconnecting after 10 days? That's stupid. Disconnect shouldn't come until a month or more.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MWB on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:20 pm

mac5155 wrote:Disconnecting after 10 days? That's stupid. Disconnect shouldn't come until a month or more.

Especially when the bill has already been paid.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MWB on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:50 pm

As a cherry on top, NBC had spotty reception yesterday, and no reception all today. Apparently there is a temporary issue with NBC due to "site maintenance" in my area. Directv, I can't get you soon enough.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Next

Return to NHR