Rob Rossi Rumor Tracking Website

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Rob Rossi Rumor Tracking Website

Postby columbia on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:43 am

Defence21 wrote:Might be missing something, but can't recall Rossi having any news on Kunitz. For having the "inside track" on the Penguins, he sure missed a big story.

I was going to say what Kunitz news???....then looked at Twitter.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Boogeyman on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:44 am

opie22002 wrote:@TSNBobMcKenzie: Kris Letang's agent Kent Hughes on reports their preferred destination is TOR: "We haven't discussed the Toronto Maple Leafs. Period...

Well, that ends that lol
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Boogeyman on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:46 am

Kunitz it is then. Kunitz it is.

It was good while it lasted JVR.
Last edited by Boogeyman on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby llipgh2 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:54 am

My nickname for Rossi is "Monkey". Both throw crap at people.

Yes, the great insider Rossi totally missed the Kunitz story. But I'm sure he'll tweet something like he knew but couldn't tell anyone.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby opie22002 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:35 am

I have to laugh at the one line from this article he wrote: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/424 ... z2XQEsqMSl

"Toronto has emerged as a possible destination if talks break down and the Penguins decide to trade Letang, though Shero has not talked with the Maple Leafs about a possible deal."

Doesn't the second part of that sentence contradict the first?
opie22002
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby TheGhostofGoulet on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:39 am

Rob Rossi's "source" is Bob Mckenzie's twitter feed.
TheGhostofGoulet
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby lemieuxReturns on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:52 am

opie22002 wrote:I have to laugh at the one line from this article he wrote: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/424 ... z2XQEsqMSl

"Toronto has emerged as a possible destination if talks break down and the Penguins decide to trade Letang, though Shero has not talked with the Maple Leafs about a possible deal."

Doesn't the second part of that sentence contradict the first?

Yea, it does. Plus he has other quotes from Letang saying : “I'm focused on the Penguins,” Letang said. “I've never thought about playing anywhere else.”

so I am not sure where any of this is coming from in regards to the leafs unless it is just another rossi bs rumor.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Crankshaft on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:56 am

A defensemen would have to come with any trade. Phaneuf isn't an option. What about Carl Gunnarsson?
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby lemieuxReturns on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:01 am

Crankshaft wrote:A defensemen would have to come with any trade. Phaneuf isn't an option. What about Carl Gunnarsson?

I don't think Toronto is a great trade partner. Plus, I hate that Rossi is starting a rumor that would handcuff shero in trade options. rossi is an idiot
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby sil on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:11 am

If (and that's a huge if) TOR ends up dealing, I'd imagine Shero would be interested in Franson. Righty, and Shero was also assistant GM in Nashville when they drafted him.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pfim on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:01 pm

“Our focus has been on negotiating a contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins and we have not discussed the Toronto Maple Leafs,” Hughes told ESPN.com via email Thursday morning. “He remains under contract for one more year if we don't extend his contract. We are not the source of the story, nor were we contacted to verify its accuracy beforehand.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/2 ... enter-crop
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Defence21 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:04 pm

pfim wrote:
“Our focus has been on negotiating a contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins and we have not discussed the Toronto Maple Leafs,” Hughes told ESPN.com via email Thursday morning. “He remains under contract for one more year if we don't extend his contract. We are not the source of the story, nor were we contacted to verify its accuracy beforehand.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/2 ... enter-crop

Burn.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby slappybrown on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:09 pm

Any trade with TML starts with jake gardiner and add pieces from there if I'm GM
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens_CT on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:42 pm

slappybrown wrote:Any trade with TML starts with jake gardiner and add pieces from there if I'm GM

How about Gardiner, Kulemin and Toronto's 1st for Letang and the rights to Dupuis
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby meow on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:54 pm

pens_CT wrote:
slappybrown wrote:Any trade with TML starts with jake gardiner and add pieces from there if I'm GM

How about Gardiner, Kulemin and Toronto's 1st for Letang and the rights to Dupuis

Not sure you even need to add Dupuis' rights. That have little value at this point.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens_CT on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:14 pm

meow wrote:
pens_CT wrote:

Not sure you even need to add Dupuis' rights. That have little value at this point.

It just gives the TML a few extra days to sign Dupuis and save a few bucks versus waiting until he hits the UFA market.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby slappybrown on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:21 am

Are you adding the fact that his "Pens believe Letang will want 7-8mm" was right on target as a correct rumor?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Crankshaft on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:57 am

slappybrown wrote:Are you adding the fact that his "Pens believe Letang will want 7-8mm" was right on target as a correct rumor?

He hasn't updated the website since he posted it. And the original rumor wasn't even Rossi's, was it? The whole website is dumb.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby slappybrown on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:40 am

Crankshaft wrote:
slappybrown wrote:Are you adding the fact that his "Pens believe Letang will want 7-8mm" was right on target as a correct rumor?

Yea it was Rossi but agreed on the site
He hasn't updated the website since he posted it. And the original rumor wasn't even Rossi's, was it? The whole website is dumb.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ville5 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:19 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:omg...

https://twitter.com/Full_Rossi

Now that's funny
And just as accurate, lol
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pugilist13 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:37 pm

pens_CT wrote:

That's what this team needs, another Dman/rover, an average winger (seriously, I never understood this boards love affair with Kulemin). They better get more than that. Pens fans will be saying the same about Gardiner in a year as they say about Letang now.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pens_CT on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:09 pm

pugilist13 wrote:
pens_CT wrote:

That's what this team needs, another Dman/rover, an average winger (seriously, I never understood this boards love affair with Kulemin). They better get more than that. Pens fans will be saying the same about Gardiner in a year as they say about Letang now.

I'm sure the board will implode when the trade is made. Everybody wants the other teams #1 defensemen back, a first round pick, and a prospect. Its not going to happen.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby SoCalPenguin on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:32 am

There needs to be an Eklund like rating system for Rossi.

R5= actually confirmed by at least 3 other legitimate sources (TSN, Dreger, MacKenzie, Molinari etc)
R4= confirmed by at least 1 other legit source plus the use of multiple quotes in a way other than twisting them to fit into a theory
R3= the use of 1 quote taken wildly out of context meshed with info copied and pasted straight from TIOPS
R2= Entire column of speculation and rumor mongering with a generous portion of attention whoring with no sourced material whatsoever.
R1= Full Rossi
SoCalPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:59 am

SoCalPenguin wrote:There needs to be an Eklund like rating system for Rossi.

R5= actually confirmed by at least 3 other legitimate sources (TSN, Dreger, MacKenzie, Molinari etc)
R4= confirmed by at least 1 other legit source plus the use of multiple quotes in a way other than twisting them to fit into a theory
R3= the use of 1 quote taken wildly out of context meshed with info copied and pasted straight from TIOPS
R2= Entire column of speculation and rumor mongering with a generous portion of attention whoring with no sourced material whatsoever.
R1= Full Rossi

Come on now....everyone knows that you don't go Full Rossi. :lol:
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins