TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby Froggy on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:33 am

new Comedy Bang Bang episode is streaming at ifc.com
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:03 pm

If any of you has a crush on Kristen Stewart, there is a girl on BB named Kaitlin. She looks just like her, only better looking. Smokes a lot of pot too and gives off a similar vibe.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:27 pm

So now Food Network Star is having a "Last Chance Kitchen"? TERRIBLE idea. I can at least somewhat understand it on Top Chef, as it gives an opportunity for people who got screwed like Kristen to win their way back in. In this case, you're talking people who either couldn't cook or were terrible in front of the camera getting another chance? Bleh.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:11 pm

the wicked child wrote:So now Food Network Star is having a "Last Chance Kitchen"? TERRIBLE idea. I can at least somewhat understand it on Top Chef, as it gives an opportunity for people who got screwed like Kristen to win their way back in. In this case, you're talking people who either couldn't cook or were terrible in front of the camera getting another chance? Bleh.

i'm really not liking that show this year. maybe i'm just seeing things, but it seems like the talking head clips they show throughout each episode are extremely scripted these days.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:06 pm

The BB After Dark on TVGN is annoying. Any time a conversation gets interesting, they cut away to another room in the house.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Hockeynut! on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Agreed, it's impossible to watch and follow and of the conversations. Terrible move.
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:23 pm

I think it's only $30 for the 3 months (they expanded the season). It's cheap as hell, fun to put on while you're doing something else on the internet. Or when they're fighting. :shock:

This site is a must read for what's going on. Ran by two cool guys from Canada. Constant updates morning to sleep time, soon as things happen. Perfect if you miss something good, as they provide 'times' to use on the recorded flashback feature on the live feeds.

http://www.onlinebigbrother.com/
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hockeynut! on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:38 am

I wonder if there's any way to stream the live feeds through my PS3. I use my computer for work but always have the TV on as background noise.
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby largegarlic on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:13 am

So this is the time of year when I see posts referring to "BB" and I pause to ask myself, "Wait a minute, when did Walt put up cameras in the different rooms in his house? Why would he do that? That seems really reckless even by his standards." And then I realize people are talking about Big Brother, not Breaking Bad.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Hockeynut! wrote:I wonder if there's any way to stream the live feeds through my PS3. I use my computer for work but always have the TV on as background noise.

In theory, it should work. All you need is a browser with working flash. I did a little 3 minute forum search and it seems some people can launch a flash stream and some can't. Go to cbs.com and try launching any stream for an episode. If you don't get a prompt for JS, there is a setting somewhere in options to enable JavaScript.

I can email cbs technical support quickly and ask. I'm curious myself. Just be warned that the stream is in SD so it's in a square, not widescreen. But quality is actually pretty good.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:18 pm

I like how CBS was making McCrae seem like the stereotypical nerdy, loser guy, but in actuality, he seems like a really cool dude.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:25 am

Nope...

CBS.com User,

Thank you for your inquiry. Regrettably, the Big Brother Live subscription is not supported by the PlayStation/Xbox browser, set-top-box type streaming device or built-in TV browser.

To view the Big Brother Live stream you will need to use a desktop/laptop computer with a Flash/HTML5 capable browser or a compatible mobile device.

We apologize for the inconvenience,

CBS Interactive

Customer Service
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:46 am

Spangler wrote:I like how CBS was making McCrae seem like the stereotypical nerdy, loser guy, but in actuality, he seems like a really cool dude.

Yeah, he's OK. Cooler and smarter than he was portrayed in the first episode. Jeremy is the single biggest a-hole on there. He and Kaitlin are in a relationship now. They sleep in one bed and make out. He already told another guy he'll boot her ass out soon. He tries to feel her up and talk her into doing more (this is live TV we're talking about). Said something disrespectful about her that I don't want to type here. Went off on Rachel's cool sister (Elissa) and nobody in that house was OK with that because she didn't do anything. He's really a giant a-hole.

Guys I like are Judd, McCrae, Andy, Howard. I thought Spencer was cool until he called Andy who's gay, Kermit the F**. Not to his face but to a girl he was talking to thinking she'd be cool with it.

GinaMarie when talking with Kaitlin and Aaryn said about Howard and Candice that they're the 'token blacks' and that 'blacks stick together'.

Aaryn, on Helen who is Asian, 'shut up Helen and go eat some rice'.

Aaryn won't even let her boy toy Daniel talk to other girls and already had 2 fights with him over it (he had the nerve to talk to Elissa and then yesterday Jessie wanted to put some suntan lotion on his back when Aaryn wasn't at the pool). That crazy girl can put a guilt trip on you the size of freakin' Alaska. That dude should RUN.

There are a bunch of dysfunctional people on there this year and with attitudes, but that likely means an interesting season.

Oh, girls I like are Elissa (bar none, the coolest girl there) and Kaitlin. Amanda talks too much but seems OK otherwise.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:16 am

I like McCrae and Rachel's sister so far. Everyone else seems like a bunch of aholes.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am

Forgot to watch Dexter season premiere last night. Oh well, will catch it tonight.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:40 pm

Although Dexter has its own thread, I'll add here that Showtime (sho.com) is streaming the season premiere for free for a limited time, albeit in an edited format. No Debra f-bombs, sadly, but I'll survive. :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Spangler on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:11 pm

newarenanow wrote:I like McCrae and Rachel's sister so far. Everyone else seems like a bunch of aholes.

Rachel's sister is surprisingly way less annoying and also more attractive.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eddysnake on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:34 pm

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/

2nd season of Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee is 3 episodes in. French comedian Gad Elmaleh episode was great.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby AlexPKeaton on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:54 pm

Anyone check out the premiere of Ray Donavan last night? New show after Dexter on Showtime staring Liv Shreiber (sp?). Have it recorded but haven't seen it yet.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eddysnake on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:58 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:Anyone check out the premiere of Ray Donavan last night? New show after Dexter on Showtime staring Liv Shreiber (sp?). Have it recorded but haven't seen it yet.

I'm going to try and watch it tonight, we started watching Mildred Pierce last night on HBO Go, so I may have to get that out of the way first.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Spangler on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:26 pm

So now BB After Dark is showing 3 minute commercials every 12 minutes. What a joke. It's practically unwatchable.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:54 pm

I caught part of Ray Donovan. Hated Jon Voight's character. Or at least his portrayal of it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:13 pm

the eldest daughter on Mildred Pierce would be a great partner for Joffrey, I want to smack a lot of people so far on this miniseries.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:31 pm

OMG, so much bigotry and racism on BB this year. Most than I think I ever remember. Aaryn, the cute blonde, just got dropped by her modeling agency due to her comments. A few of hers:

- She called Andy (who's gay) a “qu**r”
- She said to the Asian house guest Helen behind her back “go make some rice” and “she is the first Asian I know that doesn’t do nails”
- She advised another house guest saying about Candice (black girl), “watch what you say in the dark, you might not see the b**ch”

Read this article for some of the quotes from houseguests this year. And to think these people say this stuff on NATIONAL TV!!!

(you may have to answer press a button to answer 1 question there to read the article)
http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/big_brother_15/2013_Jul_01_bb15-racism-homophobia-misogyny
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:33 pm

btw, Jeremy is the biggest a-hole they maybe ever had. He made 3 girls cry two nights ago.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR