Farewell TK

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Farewell TK

Postby Nizzy on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:19 pm

Lets breakdown TK's season this year.

Spoiler:

Yup pretty terrible. Good luck in San Jose for 20 games til they waive you. Some dumb team like the Panthers will pick him up, then he'll be out of the league in 2 years max. I sure hope he calls Jordan Staal and says thanks for those few million dollars you made me during those 4 seasons playing together.

TK is a 4th liner with a decent shot.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby JS© on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:25 pm

I might be borrowing that pic.

Told somebody on Facebook about TK being inconsistent, which later led to an argument via IM that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Numbers don't lie.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Nizzy on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:33 pm

Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby guiner on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:37 pm

Nizzy wrote:http://i.imgur.com/RjIYA49.png

Have you done one of those for Tangradi?!?
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Nizzy on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:48 pm

guiner wrote:

Nope he was on the bench the entire season.

Oh wait I remember his season, 2 games, 6 total shifts with Malkin before getting demoted to playing with Craig Adams and Tanner Glass.

Yup lets see how many points Kennedy would have got with those 2....hmmm
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby guiner on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:07 am

Nizzy wrote:
guiner wrote:

Oh wait I remember his season, 2 games, 6 total shifts with Malkin before getting demoted to playing with Craig Adams and Tanner Glass.

Yeah, sure, ok. How about when he got out from Bylsma's system. I bet he really tore it up for Winnipeg then huh?
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kaizer on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:41 am

TK was one of my favorites since whenever I first saw him play, and no jagoff, trolling , stick up their ass , internet blowhard , petulant, armchair Owner/GM/Coach/Player can ever spew enough out of their played out, whiny face hole to convince me I shouldn't have been a fan .
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby bh on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:10 am

Kaizer wrote:TK was one of my favorites since whenever I first saw him play, and no jagoff, trolling , stick up their ass , internet blowhard , petulant, armchair Owner/GM/Coach/Player can ever spew enough out of their played out, whiny face hole to convince me I shouldn't have been a fan .
:thumb:
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:40 am

bh wrote:
Kaizer wrote:TK was one of my favorites since whenever I first saw him play, and no jagoff, trolling , stick up their ass , internet blowhard , petulant, armchair Owner/GM/Coach/Player can ever spew enough out of their played out, whiny face hole to convince me I shouldn't have been a fan .
:thumb:

:fist:
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby sil on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:26 am

Kennedy had one setting. 'GO.' Dom Uher has a similar look, but likes to hit a bit more.

Thanks TK!
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Nizzy on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:26 am

guiner wrote:
Nizzy wrote:
guiner wrote:

Yeah, sure, ok. How about when he got out from Bylsma's system. I bet he really tore it up for Winnipeg then huh?

The only thing I ever asked for Tangradi was a good 10-15 game stretch of playing in the top 6. How can you expect a prospect to be throw into NHL games, getting 2 shifts with Malkin, then 3-4 with Adams to finish the game? Not even prospect can develop this way.

Eric Tangradi, he had like 22 points in 26 AHL games, top 6 minutes/line mates....so what do we do?

GET OUT THERE AND START GRINDING ON THE 4TH LINE BESIDES ADAMS AND GLASS.

REAL PRODUCTIVE.

He didn't fit Bylsma's system, but that doesn't mean he wasn't used incorrectly...which he was. Should have traded him a year earlier for a 4th instead of a 7th.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:09 am

He really blossomed in Winnipeg.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby skullman80 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:20 am

Tangradi sucks no matter what system he is in.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:21 am

well this thread really stayed on the rails
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:30 am

Best of luck, TK!

Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:43 am

upshall turds out in game 1 in '08, kennedy steps up in game 2:

shemale schenn #1 roughs up malkin, kennedy comes off the bench to throw down with a guy twice his size:

and for fun...kennedy beats up this ugly piece of dog s***

great teammate. always fought like he wanted to kill someone.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Crankshaft on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:30 am

guiner wrote:
Nizzy wrote:
guiner wrote:

Not to defend Nizzy, but the argument for Kennedy is Tangradi was just as bad? Huh?
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby brwi on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:54 am

skullman80 wrote:Tangradi sucks no matter what system he is in.

It's rather obvious except to the crowd that happened to post on a message board over and over and over about how the poor guy never gets a chance or anything else and wahhh, wahhhh, wahhh.

Tangradi is a SCRUB. Period. He cannot skate at a NHL level, isn't physical, and doesn't exactly have good hands either. 4th liner or AHL material is the pinnacle for him. What are we missing by not having Eric Tangradi on the roster?
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby bh on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:24 am

shmenguin wrote:
Spoiler:
upshall turds out in game 1 in '08, kennedy steps up in game 2:

shemale schenn #1 roughs up malkin, kennedy comes off the bench to throw down with a guy twice his size:

and for fun...kennedy beats up this ugly piece of dog s***

great teammate. always fought like he wanted to kill someone.
Thank you. I enjoyed these. :fist:
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Henry Hank on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:36 am

I feel like there's always been a lot of misinformation about Kennedy.

Prior to his "breakout" in 2010-2011, he averaged about 17 goals and 18 assists per 82 games. Put up 21 and 24 in 80 games that season which was only slightly above his career rates and could be explained entirely by the fact that he was getting a lot more PP time than usual that season. He had 7 goals, 7 assists on the PP that season compared to 2 goals, 5 assists for his entire career beforehand. 2011-2012 he had 33 points in 60 games which is about a 45 point pace for an entire season... which is basically identical to what he did in his breakout. Last season was his first and only truly bad season.

The way some people talk about him, you'd think he was always just some fourth line scrub who had a fluke season and cashed out. Reality is, his 10-11 season wasn't that far above his usual level of production and he actually replicated that point rate the following season. Kennedy's always been a high end third line winger who would have been a top six guy on a lot of other teams. He produced pretty solid numbers in his career considering he never got a lot of PP time. His biggest issue has really been staying healthy. $2 million was never out of line for him. Worse third liners routinely get more than him in free agency.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:04 pm

Henry Hank wrote:I feel like there's always been a lot of misinformation about Kennedy.

Prior to his "breakout" in 2010-2011, he averaged about 17 goals and 18 assists per 82 games. Put up 21 and 24 in 80 games that season which was only slightly above his career rates and could be explained entirely by the fact that he was getting a lot more PP time than usual that season. He had 7 goals, 7 assists on the PP that season compared to 2 goals, 5 assists for his entire career beforehand. 2011-2012 he had 33 points in 60 games which is about a 45 point pace for an entire season... which is basically identical to what he did in his breakout. Last season was his first and only truly bad season.

The way some people talk about him, you'd think he was always just some fourth line scrub who had a fluke season and cashed out. Reality is, his 10-11 season wasn't that far above his usual level of production and he actually replicated that point rate the following season. Kennedy's always been a high end third line winger who would have been a top six guy on a lot of other teams. He produced pretty solid numbers in his career considering he never got a lot of PP time. His biggest issue has really been staying healthy. $2 million was never out of line for him. Worse third liners routinely get more than him in free agency.

Also, in his allegedly terrible year last season, he still averaged the same points per game as always. And this included a month of Dustin Jeffery as his center.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:26 pm

I was never the biggest fan of Kennedy, but I definitely respect how he fought and came up clutch in key moments. I'm not going to especially miss him, but I won't gloat over his leaving either. Good luck TK
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby IanMoran on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:06 pm

shmenguin wrote:
IanMoran wrote:A good 4th line player. Shame he went on that tear right before his contract

he was a great 3rd line player for 4+ years. but don't let that get in the way of pissing in the punch bowl.

I was trying to compliment him by saying he had a role. Sorry if took as an insult

As for your comment, agree to disagree. I'll never agree with you / froggy on him and thats fine.

Wish him the best
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins