Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby the wicked child on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:02 pm

Getting kinda sick of the dragons in Skyrim. Seems like every other time I travel for any length of time, a dragon attacks. Loses its luster after the first 10 or so. Plus then I have to travel around to unload the spoils since it seems like most of the shops only ever have 750 gold or so.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:05 pm

the wicked child wrote:Getting kinda sick of the dragons in Skyrim. Seems like every other time I travel for any length of time, a dragon attacks. Loses its luster after the first 10 or so. Plus then I have to travel around to unload the spoils since it seems like most of the shops only ever have 750 gold or so.

I agree, and especially when it is oh so easy to kill the dragon. I had an unreal amount of dragon bones stored in my home chest.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:19 am

shafnutz05 wrote:
the wicked child wrote:Getting kinda sick of the dragons in Skyrim. Seems like every other time I travel for any length of time, a dragon attacks. Loses its luster after the first 10 or so. Plus then I have to travel around to unload the spoils since it seems like most of the shops only ever have 750 gold or so.

I agree, and especially when it is oh so easy to kill the dragon. I had an unreal amount of dragon bones stored in my home chest.

i'm ok with that since my main character is an archer, and i can always use the bones to craft arrows with. at least it's something
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:17 am

Cube World looks interesting. Husband and wife team are making a voxel based RPG. Currently, it's in alpha and looks like it's free to play. Although it looks a lot like Minecraft (and was heavily influenced by it), it is more like Zelda and World of Warcraft.

https://picroma.com/cubeworld

There's a great video demo on this page (I would embed, but I'm on an iPad): https://picroma.com/cubeworld
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Rylan on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:58 am

The Walking Dead released a new episode. A whistle wetter but nothing special.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:20 pm

So I guess they intended for the choice between Stormcloaks and the Legion to be nauseating? Don't really like either of them. Decided ultimately to side with the legion because the Stormcloaks seem to have some almost nazi-like qualities with the way they talk of non-Nords and I also really don't want them overrunning the town where my family lives either.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:27 pm

Skyrim isn't bad, but it's certainly not awesome so far. I feel like I enjoyed Kingdoms of Amalur a lot more. I never played Oblivion since I didn't have a PC that had a prayer of handling it at the time. Is that worth going back and checking out when I'm done w/ Skyrim?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:41 pm

the wicked child wrote:So I guess they intended for the choice between Stormcloaks and the Legion to be nauseating? Don't really like either of them. Decided ultimately to side with the legion because the Stormcloaks seem to have some almost nazi-like qualities with the way they talk of non-Nords and I also really don't want them overrunning the town where my family lives either.

yeah, ulfric is a jackwagon. my only real problem with joining the imperials is if you do the dark brotherhood line, it really doesn't make sense, lore wise
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:08 pm

The Civil War with some twists (include the Thalmor and the Dragons and maybe Talos) would have been a really sweet main quest. Instead, we got that stupid fight some annoying dragons quest. With the era the game was taking place and the tension with the Thalmor and the Legion, the game was primed for such a great quest and they made the most interesting tension points minor parts of the game. Stupid stupid stupid.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Chefpatrick871 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:33 pm

Rylan wrote:The Walking Dead released a new episode. A whistle wetter but nothing special.

Yeah. Kind of disappointing.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Shyster on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:55 pm

the wicked child wrote:Skyrim isn't bad, but it's certainly not awesome so far. I feel like I enjoyed Kingdoms of Amalur a lot more. I never played Oblivion since I didn't have a PC that had a prayer of handling it at the time. Is that worth going back and checking out when I'm done w/ Skyrim?

Sure. If you have a PC that can handle Skyrim, it can certainly handle Oblivion. Many people like Oblivion better of the two games.

Still playing Two Worlds, and having a fair amount of fun. I must say, this game has a feature that works so well that I wonder why more games don't include it: you can set an interval where the game will autosave every X minutes. For example, I have it set now that it saves every 5 minutes, so if something kills me, I've never lost more than 5 minutes of play. It keeps 4 autosaves at a time, so I have the last 20 minutes of play automatically saved. That's generally enough time to correct a mess-up.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby newarenanow on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:48 am

Got back into Lego LOTR. Got every item on the Fellowship of the Ring boards. Been exploring middle earth and buying up characters and doing the quests as well.

Up to about 60%. A lot of stuff out there, but it's been fun. Probably my second favorite Lego game behind Harry Potter.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:59 am

I'm pretty sure I joined the Stormcloaks when I played.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby farnham16 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:03 pm

Halfway through Zelda: Oracle of Ages right now. These old top down Zelda's are still sooooo good.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby slappybrown on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:52 am

NCAA14. Demoted Pitt to Sun Belt Conference to spite NAN.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:00 am

slappybrown wrote:NCAA14. Demoted Pitt to Sun Belt Conference to spite NAN.

Is NCAA14 any good?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:06 am

Do you get any weapons powerups when you unlock Aaron Hernandez?
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby slappybrown on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:08 am

Rylan wrote:

Is NCAA14 any good?

I got a couple hours in last night, and so far I am really enjoying it. Playing as the OC for Texas State. The recruiting changes I also like; they replaced the pitches with a more streamlined system that makes scouting a huge piece of it (and the mechanic for scouting is straightforward and easy, so it doesn't take backing out of nine menus to do it). I bought NCAA 12 but not NCAA 13, so the leap in the game is more drastic for me. I'm 2-1 with wins over Nebraska (I bumped the difficulty up to AA after winning this game), loss to Baylor, and a win over Texas Tech.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:10 am

farnham16 wrote:Halfway through Zelda: Oracle of Ages right now. These old top down Zelda's are still sooooo good.

I need to play those 2 games again. I haven't played them in over 10 years. I feel like I was like the games better now since I pay more attention to stories more than I did at 13.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:14 am

Look for a blog from the Dude saying Pitt to Sun Belt.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:43 pm

iOOTP for iOS. A baseball management sim game similar to a light version of that Football Manager stuff. I'm addicted. I am probably going to pick up the $40 desktop version here shortly haha. They are making a hockey sim (if you don't read NPR), but it is in beta and is not very good atm.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:46 pm

Spangler wrote:
farnham16 wrote:Halfway through Zelda: Oracle of Ages right now. These old top down Zelda's are still sooooo good.

I need to play those 2 games again. I haven't played them in over 10 years. I feel like I was like the games better now since I pay more attention to stories more than I did at 13.

Link's Awakening is definitely my favorite Zelda non-console game.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Spangler on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:03 pm

A youtuber I recently started to follow is making a super sick, machinima style movie version of Skyrim. He posted a 12 minute preview some time ago, and he just released the trailer

I guarantee this movie will get at least a million views because it's very well done and looks amazing.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Shyster on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Latest Grand Theft Auto V trailer looks pretty darn good. Supposedly this is all in-game footage, although they don't say what sort of system was being used to generate it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI
(Not embedded due to some NSFW language.)

It looks like some of the features that were absent in GTA IV versus GTA San Andreas—like for example flyable aircraft, bicycles, car and character customization, and purchasable real estate—are all back for GTA V.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby malkinshair on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:00 pm

Shyster wrote:Latest Grand Theft Auto V trailer looks pretty darn good. Supposedly this is all in-game footage, although they don't say what sort of system was being used to generate it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI
(Not embedded due to some NSFW language.)

It looks like some of the features that were absent in GTA IV versus GTA San Andreas—like for example flyable aircraft, bicycles, car and character customization, and purchasable real estate—are all back for GTA V.

I'll admit that I wasn't particularly looking forward to this one. GTA IV disappointed me to the point of not coming close to finishing it, but V is starting to look pretty amazing. The part in the clip where you take control of the other character to snipe :shock: ...pretty darn cool. It almost looks like they're not just taking what worked in San Andreas, but also what worked well in RDR and even LA Noire. The style looks much more polished than IV...and controlling 3 different characters within the same time frame will be awesome. Still won't preorder (probably), but I'm finding myself looking for more info on it.
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR