TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby newarenanow on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:23 pm

I still don't get how people don't realize their surrounding/forum (ie. live TV, facebook, etc) and post/say stuff that will come back to bite them. And then they'll cry about it.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:48 pm

I don't get it, but I love it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:56 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I don't get it, but I love it.

Agree.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Spangler on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:32 pm

So far, it looks like CBS is making Jeremy look a little better than he actually is. In live feeds he's a huge tool.

Is this what it was like when Frank and Boogie was in the house last season?
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:09 pm

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/03/big-broth ... b-pageant/

That GinnaMarie was fired from her job as well.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:17 pm

newarenanow wrote:http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/03/big-brother-ginamarie-zimmerman-fired-day-job-pageant/

That GinnaMarie was fired from her job as well.

Just imagine the surprise they'll have when they leave BB. Aaryn thinks she's America's princess (that's yet to win multiple MVPs, as chosen by the public). Gina thinks she's the coolest chick in NYC. Here's some Gina quotes:

http://bigbrotheraccess.com/big-brother-15-ginamarie-loses-pageant-job-over-racist-remarks-355682/

I mean, I'll just paste 1 here. :face:

- Joking about how a punch in the face could make Asian-American player Helen’s eyes straight.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Spangler wrote:So far, it looks like CBS is making Jeremy look a little better than he actually is. In live feeds he's a huge tool.

Is this what it was like when Frank and Boogie was in the house last season?

Yeah, well, they would insult Dan and Janelle and others like that, though not going racist. Just hatred-fueled. Mostly behind their back, but right at the camera. And there was that one incident where they did that right in Dan's face and all he could do is just lay on the couch, read his Bible, and take it. I would have gotten up and kicked them both in their face.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:30 pm

Aaryn getting ready for tonight's show a little while ago. I expect her to fly into full rage mode when they kick out her boy-toy David tonight.

Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:59 pm

Futurama, still consistently funny. So sad it just couldn't get a solid following.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:03 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:Futurama, still consistently funny. So sad it just couldn't get a solid following.

It has a following, unfortunately it is on Netflix. Also, Comedy Central liked to move its time slot around. Combine these things and it gets artificially low ratings.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:Futurama, still consistently funny. So sad it just couldn't get a solid following.

Completely agree
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Watched the first episode of Ray Donovan. Unsure but will probably give it a couple more episodes before making any final decisions.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:23 pm

These BB houseguests are brutal. That racist/homophobic stuff is incredible.

That said, Kaitlin is a mega babe.

Right now my favorite is Nick, but I also like Mccrae, Amanda, and Elissa.

Aaryn used to be sexy to me, but after hearing her talk I want to kick her. Jeremy is your typical dee bag, and enjoys hanging his hat on being part Cherokee. Helen is nice but she'll just be another one of those stupid older people that stay around longer than they should just because they're old even though they suck at the game. Then there's Jessie who thinks shes pretty but she's mediocre on a good day.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Spangler on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:46 pm

You're absolutely right about everything, Mr. Colby. Though I gottah admit Jessie looks great in a bikini.

I was thinking CBS was going to swipe the racist remarks under the rug, but they went all out in tonight's episode. It's hilarious Aaryn thought she was going to be the MVP at some point, and all the other houseguests knew she was going to be portrayed in a bad light.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:16 am

Respect to CBS for showing a collection of Aaryn's remarks.

Brutal cast is right. Too many young people, I think. They needed to add some older people like Shelly Moore. A bit crazy in a way, but a very intelligent woman who could talk about topics other than whatever crap is going on in that house. In the past, they had guests who were more mature and more experienced in life and it was fun listening to them. This cast is like a bad 90201 episode. Having said that, there are some real characters and at some point I think it will blow up.

I'll add that I hate seeing the same thing again this year... girls' inability to get together and form an all-girl alliance. They have such an opportunity too, since Elissa is really liked (public) and keeps getting the MVP (she got it again) and with that they could have decimated the guys. But nope, 4 of them went boy-crazy (Kaitlin, Aaryn, Amanda, Jessie [can't get a dude, but keeps trying]).

Now Spencer is at risk of losing his job.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/07/07/big-brother-remarks-could-derail-train-conductor-report/
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:19 am

watched the first Under the Dome epsidoe last night. Truly terrible. It seems to be a bad show from the 90s that was just found and aired today. If it was a miniseries, I might be able to get through 5 episodes, but they better wrap it up fast, because there is no way it's getting past 1 season. Acting, writing, and characters are all beyond stupid. With that said, it might be my favorite new show to make fun of and I do have some interest to see what's up with the dome (easily the best character in the show), but I have a feeling after the 2nd episode, I'll just check out wikipedia and see what happens in the book.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:34 am

eddysnake wrote:watched the first Under the Dome epsidoe last night. Truly terrible. It seems to be a bad show from the 90s that was just found and aired today. If it was a miniseries, I might be able to get through 5 episodes, but they better wrap it up fast, because there is no way it's getting past 1 season. Acting, writing, and characters are all beyond stupid. With that said, it might be my favorite new show to make fun of and I do have some interest to see what's up with the dome (easily the best character in the show), but I have a feeling after the 2nd episode, I'll just check out wikipedia and see what happens in the book.

its supposed to be a mini-series.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:43 am

Is that just a rip off of the dome from the Simpsons movie?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:51 am

canaan wrote:
eddysnake wrote:watched the first Under the Dome epsidoe last night. Truly terrible. It seems to be a bad show from the 90s that was just found and aired today. If it was a miniseries, I might be able to get through 5 episodes, but they better wrap it up fast, because there is no way it's getting past 1 season. Acting, writing, and characters are all beyond stupid. With that said, it might be my favorite new show to make fun of and I do have some interest to see what's up with the dome (easily the best character in the show), but I have a feeling after the 2nd episode, I'll just check out wikipedia and see what happens in the book.

its supposed to be a mini-series.

well I guess that's better? do you know how many episodes?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:00 am

canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:04 am

dang, that's going to be a workout

are you watching?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:12 am

I always loved Futrama, but then when it was initially cancelled, and then came back, I just never knew when it was on. I catch reruns every so often though, but just couldn't watch the new ones consistently.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:15 am

eddysnake wrote:dang, that's going to be a workout

are you watching?

i am. the one dude is from another cinematic masterpiece "the house at the end of the street" ...its hokey and dumb, but i watch.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:17 am

With BB, I agree with you that this years cast is too young overall IMO. I like when there is a mix, brings a different dynamic to the cast and you get many different views. When everyone is young, all you get is people wanting to hook up and complete drama in the tyical overused reality sense.

Aaryn and Jeremy are two I want out of there, but I guess you need the "bad guy".

I'm glad CBS called out the racism stuff though instead of ignorning it. Those few houseguest got a complete suprise when they come out of the house jobless.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:48 am

I am rather enjoying Under The Dome....
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR