Around the League: Transactions

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Crankshaft on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:39 am

Basically, his friend stole his phone and tweeted, "Steers and ______ come from Texas, and I'm not a cow".
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,036
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby columbia on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:45 am

He's really making the most of his fresh start. :lol:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,379
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby shmenguin on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:11 am

I can't think of any reasonable way that it wasn't a hack.

Still not great for seguin. Great for spectators, though.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,532
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:30 am

Exactly. Why would he tweet that?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,289
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby canaan on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Burmistrov signed a 2 year deal in the KHL

Senators sign Joe Corvo
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,798
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:15 pm

Kevin Paul Dupont of the Boston Globe says that don't be surprised if Marchand gets traded. Subsequent followups (on Twitter) said his salary and off ice shenanigans are the main reasons. He called the Seguin trade early, too.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,096
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby largegarlic on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:46 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Kevin Paul Dupont of the Boston Globe says that don't be surprised if Marchand gets traded. Subsequent followups (on Twitter) said his salary and off ice shenanigans are the main reasons. He called the Seguin trade early, too.


Regardless of whether or not Marchand gets traded, I'm kind of surprised Boston is changing things up as much as they are. I figured they'd lose Ference, Horton, and Jagr due to cap constraints, and then pretty much keep the rest of the team intact. They were two blown leads away from winning the Cup.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,713
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:56 pm

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Kraftster on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:53 pm

Boston starts with Claude Julien, and the core of who Boston is as a team on the ice is Rask/Chara/Bergeron/Krejci. Ference, Horton, and Jagr are very replaceable parts. Eriksson is probably a better fit in Boston than Seguin, and Iginla arguably a better fit than Jagr. Marchand seems to fill a fairly unique role that will be hard for them to replace, but I think on the whole the changes won't change much at all for that team.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,920
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Man there's gonna be a hell of a market for Marchand. An agitator of his caliber, with a cup, that fits on the top line. He's like a faster better Burrows.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,525
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Crankshaft on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:54 pm

I hate Brad Marchand. I wish the Pens had him.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,036
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:07 pm

If Boston makes that trade then they are gonna have a new makeover
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby pcm on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Wait, aren' they supp
largegarlic wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Kevin Paul Dupont of the Boston Globe says that don't be surprised if Marchand gets traded. Subsequent followups (on Twitter) said his salary and off ice shenanigans are the main reasons. He called the Seguin trade early, too.


Regardless of whether or not Marchand gets traded, I'm kind of surprised Boston is changing things up as much as they are. I figured they'd lose Ference, Horton, and Jagr due to cap constraints, and then pretty much keep the rest of the team intact. They were two blown leads away from winning the Cup.


Wait, aren't they supposed to be satisfied with making it as far they did? I mean, can't win it every year...
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,135
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:39 am
Location: mountains

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:40 pm

pcm wrote:Wait, aren' they supp
largegarlic wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Kevin Paul Dupont of the Boston Globe says that don't be surprised if Marchand gets traded. Subsequent followups (on Twitter) said his salary and off ice shenanigans are the main reasons. He called the Seguin trade early, too.


Regardless of whether or not Marchand gets traded, I'm kind of surprised Boston is changing things up as much as they are. I figured they'd lose Ference, Horton, and Jagr due to cap constraints, and then pretty much keep the rest of the team intact. They were two blown leads away from winning the Cup.


Wait, aren't they supposed to be satisfied with making it as far they did? I mean, can't win it every year...

Yeah I mean if they had just gotten to their game they would have been fine. They should have changed very little and re-signed aging guys well into their late 30's.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,525
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby columbia on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:14 pm

St. Louis Blues ‏@StLouisBlues 1m

BREAKING NEWS: The Blues have acquired Magnus Pääjärvi and a second round pick in 2014 from Edmonton for David Perron http://bit.ly/1djRzmQ
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,379
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby meow on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:28 pm

Whoa. That trade is....interesting.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,224
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Kraftster on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Boo. That's an even worse situation for Paajarvi reaching any level of fantasy relevance. Blues have like a bajillion forwards. Bound to hurt Schwartz or Paajarvi. I own both. Blah.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,920
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby mikey287 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:34 pm

I'm not surprised at all by the names, I'm just surprised they were exchanged for each other. Perron really doesn't help the Oilers that much...another skilled shooter, throw him on the pile...

Paajarvi, well, it's hard to tell what it is he does besides skate really fast...let's see what he does with a little coaching...wouldn't worry about Jaden Schwartz being affected by this, MSP isn't a top-six forward...might not ever be...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,292
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Beveridge on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:10 pm

Rask signs for 8 years, 56 million. I guess Letang's contract not as bad now.

Rask needs to send a thank you letter to Toronto and Pittsburgh. The collapse by the Leafs and the 2 goals by Pens in 4 games probably made him an extra 1.5-2 million a year.


They are going to have to make moves. Already over right now (although in part because of savard).

But next year when Bergeron's extension kicks in...yikes. They don't really lose anyone off the books next year sans iggy, sidenberg, and thorton and 2 of their young D guys (including Krug) are RFA.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,435
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:21 pm

That's like at least $10 mil freed up...
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,249
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:29 am

Lucic's $6 million caphit is laughable
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby André on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:33 am

mikey287 wrote:I'm not surprised at all by the names, I'm just surprised they were exchanged for each other. Perron really doesn't help the Oilers that much...another skilled shooter, throw him on the pile...

Paajarvi, well, it's hard to tell what it is he does besides skate really fast...let's see what he does with a little coaching...wouldn't worry about Jaden Schwartz being affected by this, MSP isn't a top-six forward...might not ever be...


He skates and shoots. Poor man's Ovechkin light. Doesn't have the vision to be great in the NHL I think. I'm hoping he's a guy that returns to Sweden for great success in Modo in a couple of years :)
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,328
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:51 am
Location: Gävle, Sweden

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Beveridge on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:21 am

DontToewsMeBro wrote:That's like at least $10 mil freed up...



About 5, Iggy is only 1.8 in base salary. He could have cap hit carry over next year and not even be playing for them.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,435
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:53 am

I'd rather have Perron than MSP, as I think he's more likely to be a big contributor. Still a bizarre trade though.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,289
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:12 am

CapGeek says Boston will be fine next season with Rask and Iginla's contracts:

Image
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,096
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:15 am

Yeah the Seguin trade resolved that issue.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,289
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

PreviousNext

Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beveridge and 2 guests

e-mail