Deadliest Catch

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Deadliest Catch

Postby JeffDFD on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:01 pm

Anyone watch these "The Bait" episodes?

I havent seen the other ones (there is one on right now 8pm Tuesday)...wondering if I missed any insight/explanation to any of the drama during the actual show
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:51 pm

No, not interested enough in this season to rewatch any of it.

Nasty start to tonight's show. Painful injury and then got sucker punched by the Seattle comeback/collapse against Atlanta.

overall though... I dunno. This is the worst season in awhile... I just don't find myself getting invested in it at all.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:52 pm

"The Bait" is not that "On Deck" show that is essentially a rerun.

The Bait is a preshow that takes place of the old "after the catch" show.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Admin on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:32 am

JeffDFD wrote:Anyone watch these "The Bait" episodes?

Definitely not.

Struggling to just keep interest in the main show.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby the wicked child on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Lol @ Elliott. He gets all pissed off because his ex is upset that he was sleeping with someone else, and now his girl on the side is sleeping with someone else in his house while he's at sea.

Always enjoy good stuff happening to good people.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:12 pm

the wicked child wrote:Lol @ Elliott. He gets all pissed off because his ex is upset that he was sleeping with someone else, and now his girl on the side is sleeping with someone else in his house while he's at sea.

Always enjoy good stuff happening to good people.

I am interested in the full story...he knows he is being filmed so what gives? He clearly (or cleverly edited) said "she hasnt lived at my house since I told you she wasn't at my house." And now is mad saying he is going to put a bullet in someone's head if that girl, who supposedly is not in his house...is inviting other guys over his house.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:14 pm

I realize they can edit these shows to make people appear how they want... but Elliot is not helping his case here.

Kind of a wacky show otherwise with people **** in buckets on the Northwestern and the greenhorn who was too good to get his hair buzzed on the Wizard.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Elliot is obviously scummy. He was scummy on After the Catch last season as well.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:46 pm

Yup, Elliot is trash.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:21 pm

So... his mistress was caught sleeping with another guy in his house while he's out at sea and he plans to propose to her? Yeah, this is going to end well.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:46 pm

the wicked child wrote:So... his mistress was caught sleeping with another guy in his house while he's out at sea and he plans to propose to her? Yeah, this is going to end well.

But don't forget, his babies mama will always be his real love. Yup, that's what every girl wants to hear.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:31 pm

So the woman Elliot was seeing on the side who was seeing someone on the side who he decided he was going to propose to is still seeing someone on the side and wants nothing to do with him. Shocker.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Cagsjr724 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:40 pm

the wicked child wrote:So the woman Elliot was seeing on the side who was seeing someone on the side who he decided he was going to propose to is still seeing someone on the side and wants nothing to do with him. Shocker.

I started laughing when he cried. I'm sorry but i cant feel bad for that D-Bag.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JeffDFD on Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:38 am

Cagsjr724 wrote:
the wicked child wrote:So the woman Elliot was seeing on the side who was seeing someone on the side who he decided he was going to propose to is still seeing someone on the side and wants nothing to do with him. Shocker.

I started laughing when he cried. I'm sorry but i cant feel bad for that D-Bag.

Just not sure I understand certain types of people. If you hear from a 3rd party that your girl is with someone else in your house - your response is to threaten to kill the guy and propose to the girl? I have a feeling he will be on an episode of Maury soon.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby nocera on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:10 am

As much as I dislike the character on the show, I'm actually starting to feel bad for the real person. He cares so much about respect of others and has such a misguided view of how his personal life should be that it's seriously hard to watch sometimes. The dude is lost and immature. He feels the need to remind the camera that he is a boat owner all the time. He's looking for some sort of recognition. It's kind of sad.

[/psychology101]
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:52 pm

Freddy... w. t. f. :shock:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Cagsjr724 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:07 pm

the wicked child wrote:Freddy... w. t. f. :shock:

Yeah Freddy isn't human
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:24 pm

I made a point to watch The Bait since it was the lead up to the finale. My opinion of Junior completely soured this season. I still feel like there is some bs at play, but if not, this guy is a world class d-bag.

The episode itself was solid, not spectacular. I'd honestly prefer if Josh doesn't bring his brother back to the CM. I know they're family, but I feel like he will ultimately do more harm than good. I'll be interested to see what Jake Anderson ultimately chooses to do. He made a hell of a lot of money, even if he was miserable.

Overall, a ho-hum season for me, but still better than the one that followed Phil's death.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:22 pm

the wicked child wrote:I made a point to watch The Bait since it was the lead up to the finale. My opinion of Junior completely soured this season. I still feel like there is some bs at play, but if not, this guy is a world class d-bag.

The episode itself was solid, not spectacular. I'd honestly prefer if Josh doesn't bring his brother back to the CM. I know they're family, but I feel like he will ultimately do more harm than good. I'll be interested to see what Jake Anderson ultimately chooses to do. He made a hell of a lot of money, even if he was miserable.

Overall, a ho-hum season for me, but still better than the one that followed Phil's death.

I hope Josh does bring Jake along for no other reason than it would make good television. That shot of the Cornelia Marie was a heck of an ending.

I enjoyed the season. Lots of changes for the crews of each ship.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Looks like no Harris brothers next season. Just saw this on Facebook:

"We are certainly disappointed that Josh and Jake decided not to include their stories on the upcoming season of Deadliest Catch. We wish them well and lots of success in their latest endeavor. And we wish the whole Deadliest Catch team good luck tonight with the Creative Arts Emmys."
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:31 pm

the wicked child wrote:Looks like no Harris brothers next season. Just saw this on Facebook:

"We are certainly disappointed that Josh and Jake decided not to include their stories on the upcoming season of Deadliest Catch. We wish them well and lots of success in their latest endeavor. And we wish the whole Deadliest Catch team good luck tonight with the Creative Arts Emmys."

Well last season's cliff hanger is now pointless.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:26 am

nocera wrote:
the wicked child wrote:Looks like no Harris brothers next season. Just saw this on Facebook:

They might have a special after the first half of their season but I can see why they don't want the drama on their first try of running the boat themselves.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ffemtreed on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:22 am

DelPen wrote:
nocera wrote:

They might have a special after the first half of their season but I can see why they don't want the drama on their first try of running the boat themselves.

I really think that is the right decision for them. The less distractions they have the better off they will be. Somehow I feel they we will get some updates or cameo appearances from them during the season, they just won't be one of the featured boats on the show. We may see them offloading some crab at port, or calling one of the other boats for advice and etc.
ffemtreed
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JeffDFD on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:45 am

Saw my first ad for the next season. Deadliest Catch 10 - returns April 22nd
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Admin on Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:56 pm

LOL at Keith thinking he was going to end the government shutdown. Only halfway through the first episode. Cornelia Marie only doing opies?
Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to NHR