New York City travel suggestions

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: New York City travel suggestions

Postby pensfan1989 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:24 pm

Metropark, NJ garage was about $8 a day last time I parked there. It's about 50 minutes to NY Penn Station.

EDIT: It's now $9 a day. Here is the NJ Transit Schedule for the station. http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/R0070.pdf

$10 a person to ride in, and a 35 minute to one hour ride depending on the train.
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:30 pm

One thing I will say about driving into Manhattan. FIND A SELF-PARK GARAGE. We went to a "valet" parking garage in Manhattan, and it was terrifying. You could hear the tires screeching throughout the garage from the deadbeat dirtbags gunning the hell out of the vehicles up into the upper levels. Thankfully, we got a spot down low so they didn't have the chance to ruin our car, but others were clearly not so fortunate.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:32 pm

were they really driving the cars like that? alot of the times ill be going 5 mph in a garage and my tires squeal around the corners.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:were they really driving the cars like that? alot of the times ill be going 5 mph in a garage and my tires squeal around the corners.

Oh the stories I could tell :)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Previous

Return to NHR