Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:42 am

As I've said before, I also liked NBA Live 96 for the Genesis...Dennis Rodman's hair color changed every few games during a season. :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Beveridge on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Steam summer sales started today fyi.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rylan on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:49 pm

Beveridge wrote:Steam summer sales started today fyi.

The entire Half Life series is only $10 for people that do not have it.

Edit: Well it was....now its 20.

Also, if you never played Dragon Age: Origins its on sale and I would highly recommend it.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:40 pm

NHL 14 - NHL 94 Anniversary Mode Gameplay Trailer

columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby farnham16 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:06 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
Spangler wrote:
farnham16 wrote:Halfway through Zelda: Oracle of Ages right now. These old top down Zelda's are still sooooo good.

I need to play those 2 games again. I haven't played them in over 10 years. I feel like I was like the games better now since I pay more attention to stories more than I did at 13.

Link's Awakening is definitely my favorite Zelda non-console game.

Links Awakening is tremendous. Best Gameboy game ever.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Shyster on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:10 pm

Beveridge wrote:Steam summer sales started today fyi.

Ah, there we are. Just picked up the Skyrim DLC for 50% off. Time to head back to Tamriel.

In the recent talk of Skyrim, I forgot to method what I would say is a must-use mod: SkyUI. It's available both from Skyrim Nexus and is also on the Steam Workshop. Skyrim's inventory interface is rather obviously limited by the fact that players have to use controllers for the console versions. SkyUI replaces the interface with one much more amenable to a mouse/keyboard interface.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... s/?id=8122
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:16 pm

Continuing to put time into Skyrim. It's overwhelming sometimes how many quests get thrown at you. I try my best to focus on one area for awhile, but it doesn't really let you. :pop:

There are a couple things that annoy me. First one is kind of minor, I guess, but adds up over time: Why do some inventory items allow you to move them all at once while other require you to move them one at a time? Frustrating when I'm trying to unload. Second is that I am beyond sick of bugged quests. I have several that I completed but they never went away.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby viva la ben on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:25 pm

columbia wrote:NHL 14 - NHL 94 Anniversary Mode Gameplay Trailer

Now that is a reason to buy!
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Pen48guins on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:17 am

Well I bought Eruo truck simulator and farming simulator on steam. I don't think I'm even go to look at any more of the summer deals. I just throw money at dumb stuff.
Pen48guins
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:11 pm

I remember my first post about nhl 94 mode
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:55 pm

yeah, I really enjoy having to type console commands to get past broken quests in Skyrim. :/
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:45 am

You know which platform that wouldn't happen on? :pop:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:09 am

picked up the FEAR trilogy at the exchange for 20 bucks. played the first one for about an hour. quite scary
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:04 am

Rocco how is the new NCAA 14 game? Thinking of picking it up when I get back from vacation.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:10 am

Malkamaniac wrote:Rocco how is the new NCAA 14 game? Thinking of picking it up when I get back from vacation.

Its pretty good. Recruiting got streamlined and is quicker and the game play is improved. Its definitely a step up compared to previous years both on the field and off.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:12 am

Rylan wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Rocco how is the new NCAA 14 game? Thinking of picking it up when I get back from vacation.

Its pretty good. Recruiting got streamlined and is quicker and the game play is improved. Its definitely a step up compared to previous years both on the field and off.

Well that's really good to hear. I enjoy the recruiting game but it did get annoying over time. I bought Madden last year, so I'll switch back to NCAA even though my opinion of the NCAA is way better than Madden.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:33 am

Malkamaniac wrote:
Rylan wrote:

Well that's really good to hear. I enjoy the recruiting game but it did get annoying over time. I bought Madden last year, so I'll switch back to NCAA even though my opinion of the NCAA is way better than Madden.

I only got about 4 games into the dynasty so I am not sure how recruiting will work later in the season. But, it was nice that I wasn't spending what felt like forever making phone calls and picking the same options over and over. Visits are more important forcing you to pick a good game for the prospective player to see as well as goals he would like to see accomplished that would help make the visit better.

The biggest benefit on the field is the implementation of the physics engine. Running the ball actually feels like running, and the passing game feels fair again. No super linebackers or a secondary that is omniscient. Another cool feature is the fact that offense and defense are separate difficulty settings. So if you are great at offense you can play on Heisman and be on Varsity defense or what have you.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby slappybrown on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:47 am

NCAA is really good Malks. I also skipped NCAA13, so it will be a noticeable improvement for you as well. I think Amazon has it at 50 bucks on sale right now.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:53 am

I only played one game in my dynasty on NCAA 14, so I have a question regarding recruiting for those that are a little further along...

In previous modes, you could recruit a player without offering him a scholarship (that was a separate thing you had to do). I haven't found anywhere where you offer a player a scholarship. Does that come down the road, or is it just assumed on the game if they are on your prospect list that you are offering them?
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rylan on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:57 am

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I only played one game in my dynasty on NCAA 14, so I have a question regarding recruiting for those that are a little further along...

In previous modes, you could recruit a player without offering him a scholarship (that was a separate thing you had to do). I haven't found anywhere where you offer a player a scholarship. Does that come down the road, or is it just assumed on the game if they are on your prospect list that you are offering them?

Its 50 points to offer a scholarship under I think any of the headings except scouting. You would just hit X and it would offer the scholarship. There are no immediate rewards anymore (which is cool).
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:01 pm

Thanks Rylan. Good thing I'm only in week 2. I kinda figured that there was a place to do it.

From what I have experienced, I like the new recruiting so far. The old method took too freaking long, especially when you had kids visiting, you had to handle their recruiting for the week and set up their visit.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby slappybrown on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:55 pm

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Thanks Rylan. Good thing I'm only in week 2. I kinda figured that there was a place to do it.

From what I have experienced, I like the new recruiting so far. The old method took too freaking long, especially when you had kids visiting, you had to handle their recruiting for the week and set up their visit.

The page you offer on is the prospect overview page.

You learn fairly quickly if you have a shot at a guy or not. Scouting is huge this year. I've seen players drop 10 points (and get labeled as busts). It makes a huge difference, because a 3/4 star guy may really be one (or even two) levels below what he is initially listed as. By week 5 or 6, I had everyone 100% scouted who was initially added to my board. You have to keep updating the board and taking runs at guys with lower lock %'s and then scouting them too though, as there will be people initially added that (1) commit elsewhere or (2) are busts and drop out of the desired range. Its much better than year's past and more challenging.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:11 pm

twc, was board and just went back and read your Lego LOTR posts. Seems a lot like I have gone through.

There is a board where I am on Treebeard and I thought I got all 10 minikit pieces, but it kept saying 9 as I was playing that board. Finally I gave up and finished, and it credited me with all 10. Hopefully I'm not truly missing that one.

And the camera angles on some of the obstacles make it harder than it needs to be.

And there are two minikits that I need to get to finish 100% of a board, but they are at the end in a "chase" type scene, and now I have to go through the whole board again.

I'm at 63%, but feel I'm making a lot of progress. Just don't have the time right now to sit and play consistently. I'm hoping to finsh by the end of the month before I go and play Zelda Twighlight Princess.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:25 pm

NAN, why do you not play NCAA? You love college football.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:34 pm

slappybrown wrote:NAN, why do you not play NCAA? You love college football.

I hate most sports video games. It's just hte same stuff year in and year out.

Unless it's Blades of Steel, Double Dribble, Tecmo Bowl or Bases Loaded/Baseball Stars, I usually don't play it.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR