Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby Froggy on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:09 pm

You should take a photo of your feet propped up on a toilet
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:54 pm

People who complain and whine about vacation being over. You got to go on vacation. Enjoy that...
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:09 pm

‪#‎thatsahugeone‬ ‪#‎big‬ ‪#‎brown‬#spider! ‪#‎grass‬ ‪#‎creepy‬#insects#bugs ‪#‎shotoftheday‬#igdaily#igers#instagood#instalike#instagramhub#instagreat#instadaily#tbt#follow#likes#picstich#picoftheday#followme#iphonesia#iphoneonly#iphone5#latergram#iphoneasia#monday#nashville#summer#sunny#weather#spidey#spiderman#arachnophobia#creepycrawlers#

This is an actual post on FB with a picture of a spider I saw today. Good God man.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:02 am

shafnutz05 wrote:
‪#‎thatsahugeone‬ ‪#‎big‬ ‪#‎brown‬#spider! ‪#‎grass‬ ‪#‎creepy‬#insects#bugs ‪#‎shotoftheday‬#igdaily#igers#instagood#instalike#instagramhub#instagreat#instadaily#tbt#follow#likes#picstich#picoftheday#followme#iphonesia#iphoneonly#iphone5#latergram#iphoneasia#monday#nashville#summer#sunny#weather#spidey#spiderman#arachnophobia#creepycrawlers#

This is an actual post on FB with a picture of a spider I saw today. Good God man.

Hmmmm. Needs more hash tags.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Why Not Us on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:20 am

Being peeved by hashtags, especially that many at once, is not irrational.
Why Not Us
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:22 am

PensFanInDC wrote:People who complain and whine about vacation being over. You got to go on vacation. Enjoy that...

Even worse than that are teachers that complain about going back to work in the Fall when they had the entire summer off.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:23 am

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:People who complain and whine about vacation being over. You got to go on vacation. Enjoy that...

Even worse than that are teachers that complain about going back to work in the Fall when they had the entire summer off.

Oh my yes
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:55 am

TODAY IS MY FRIDAY

Thanks for the announcement, I've never had a long weekend before ever
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:02 am

People who post something that can be considered controversial or is a "big debate topic" on facebook. When one person posts their opinion and the other posts a contradictory opinion the OP says "Please...no debates on my post please." Seriously? You're going to post something like, "I think Zimmerman is innocent" (for example) and when debate erupts you get upset?
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:14 am

A couple people I know that constantly use "TGIF" even though they are freeloaders that don't work. A certain member of my extended family that works part-time (if you can even call it that) and still lives with her mother just posted TGIF on Facebook.

No. The phrase "TGIF", which I don't even like anyway, is reserved for those of us that actually work.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:21 am

shafnutz05 wrote:A couple people I know that constantly use "TGIF" even though they are freeloaders that don't work. A certain member of my extended family that works part-time (if you can even call it that) and still lives with her mother just posted TGIF on Facebook.

No. The phrase "TGIF", which I don't even like anyway, is reserved for those of us that actually work.

TGIF should only be used when referring to the classic age of ABC television in the 90s. Frankly the term died in 95-96 when Family Matters/Boy Meets World/Step by Step/Hangin with Mr Cooper was the last good lineup of that time.

reference guide:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TGIF_(ABC)
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:24 am

eddysnake wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:A couple people I know that constantly use "TGIF" even though they are freeloaders that don't work. A certain member of my extended family that works part-time (if you can even call it that) and still lives with her mother just posted TGIF on Facebook.

TGIF should only be used when referring to the classic age of ABC television in the 90s. Frankly the term died in 95-96 when Family Matters/Boy Meets World/Step by Step/Hangin with Mr Cooper was the last good lineup of that time.

Interesting fact. I didn't realize that the death of TGIF came when Disney bought ABC in 1996. They immediately began reshaping the network and canceled Step by Step and Family Matters.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:25 am

shafnutz05 wrote:
eddysnake wrote:

Interesting fact. I didn't realize that the death of TGIF came when Disney bought ABC in 1996. They immediately began reshaping the network and canceled Step by Step and Family Matters.

bunch of a holes
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby GSdrums87 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:30 am

Boy Meets World is the only thing on at 7AM when I wake up for work.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:56 am

That's 'cause everyone knows all the best parties are on the weekend! :pop:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby columbia on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:41 pm

People who use "do" in place of "have"; usually in restaurants:

"I think I'll do the chicken caesar salad."
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:54 pm

columbia wrote:People who use "do" in place of "have"; usually in restaurants:

"I think I'll do the chicken caesar salad."

Americanpie.gif
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:46 pm

Cant stand the married couples that I know who dont have and dont want kids who throw it in your face when non-kid friendly events come up.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PghSkins on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:49 pm

Fans, most often college, who overdo the crap on their cars. Yes, you like and may have attended *insert name of University, most often The Ohio State, here*. I get it. Isn't one simple sticker enough?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:20 am

shafnutz05 wrote:The trend on Facebook: "HEY, HERE ARE A PICTURE OF MY FEET, AND LOOK, THERE IS A BODY OF WATER BEHIND THEM!! AHHH, PARADISE."

PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:22 am

ajh2298 wrote:Cant stand the married couples that I know who dont have and dont want kids who throw it in your face when non-kid friendly events come up.

So they say, "Hey. We're all going dahn sahth side tonight. Yinz wanna come? OH WAIT! YINZ CAN'T CAUSE YTINZ GOT KIDZ!" HAHAHAHA!!"?
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:24 am

PghSkins wrote:Fans, most often college, who overdo the crap on their cars. Yes, you like and may have attended *insert name of University, most often The Ohio State, here*. I get it. Isn't one simple sticker enough?

Anything more than a license plate frame is excessive. I prefer having nothing on my car.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:26 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
PghSkins wrote:Fans, most often college, who overdo the crap on their cars. Yes, you like and may have attended *insert name of University, most often The Ohio State, here*. I get it. Isn't one simple sticker enough?

Anything more than a license plate frame is excessive. I prefer having nothing on my car.

That and a combo of Braves, Cowboys, and Pens logos screams "key this car"
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:28 pm

I've got a Pens license plate frame, and a kid in a Pens hat peeing on a Flyers logo. Tasteful. I'm a man of tact.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby canaan on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:23 pm

dont mean to open old wounds, but i dont have cruise control and am probably guilty of the pass and brake method that you have a hatred for. sorry. will probably happen again, but sorry.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR