TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby Spangler on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:34 pm

Is it justme or is Gina Marie looking worse and worse as the BB competition moves on?
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Daniel87 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:58 am

Froggy wrote:Big brother was permanently broken in season 8 when the America's Player vote went to keep Dick in the house instead of amber

Agreed. It's been all downhill from there.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby relantel on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:05 am

Caught up on Burn Notice, Falling Skies and Franklin & Bash...
Burn Notice:
Spoiler:
They're setting up the low point of the season if they plan on resolving Michael and Fiona at all. Mid epsiode you think they may be coming together only to be shocked at the end.

Falling Skies:
Spoiler:
We see the original Mrs Mason (Rebecca) for the first time in a series of "flashbacks" while Tom is held captive, the enemy trying to learn target info. Charleston realizes Hal Mason was not the mole. Then Tom Mason once free is back in his old house and while in the master bedroom sees (assume imagined) Rebecca again who tells him to never come back, that there was nothing here for him anymore.

F&B:
Spoiler:
They get a client to confess to murder to lure out his prankster friend they believe is not dead.

Also watched a couple more of Discovery's Naked and Afraid last night, one set in Borneo (guy lasted 10 days and girl lasted 18), and one set in Tanzania. Brutal. They still fill out the hour even when they don't make it - just slightly less condensed.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:10 am

Spangler wrote:Is it justme or is Gina Marie looking worse and worse as the BB competition moves on?

Yeah, at first I thought she was pretty hot. Now, she looks horrible, she sounds like a moron, and she is crazy.

As for Ellisa and it being rigged, I think CBS figured out that this MVP vote was not going to work because she already had a built in fanbase and that is why they changed it this week to America voting who to put up.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:11 am

i dont know why they didnt stipulate it as "you cant pick the same person twice" like how the HOH is done.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:12 am

America's vote this week (Big Brother related)

Spoiler:
and based on how the america's vote goes this week, i dont think people realized that they were voting for who was the nominee, not the mvp :lol:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:17 am

Really getting into Ray Donovan.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:19 am

canaan wrote:America's vote this week (Big Brother related)

Spoiler:
and based on how the america's vote goes this week, i dont think people realized that they were voting for who was the nominee, not the mvp :lol:

Spoiler:
I just saw that too. That is hilarious. People are dumb. But she got the POV so it worked out.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:27 am

Kraftster wrote:Really getting into Ray Donovan.

need to catch up.

started Orange is the new black, 2 episodes in and it's pretty good. I'm a little annoyed at some of the people, but so far so good.

watched the first Newsroom from this season, liked the format last year, didn't like the flashback, hopefully it doesn't play like that the whole season
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:32 am

When I'm in the mood to mock the happenings on my TV, Ghost Adventures(Colloquially referred to as [summer's eve] adventures) is about as good as it gets.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:36 am

eddysnake wrote:started Orange is the new black, 2 episodes in and it's pretty good. I'm a little annoyed at some of the people, but so far so good.

watched the first Newsroom from this season, liked the format last year, didn't like the flashback, hopefully it doesn't play like that the whole season

OitNB: I just finished epi 11 last night...i really enjoy this show, even though Jason Biggs is a yambag. There have been some questionable plot decisions that anger me...similarly to the way that i was annoyed with Weeds as it progressed/regressed. all in all, its one of my favorite new shows.

Newsroom: I have the same feelings regarding the flashback...i fear that this is going to be a staple for this season because of how far they have moved along, but i could be wrong.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Firebird on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Firebird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:24 pm

Amazing.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:34 am

I've enjoyed the Newsroom so far. Touching subplot with Troy Davis during the last episode - unfortunate parallels with the Zimmermann trial.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby viva la ben on Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:16 pm

Fox is coming out with a second season of COSMOS.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Pavel Bure on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:15 pm

Drunk history on Comedy Central... wow, LMAO, this is great.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:06 pm

Daniel87 wrote:
Froggy wrote:Big brother was permanently broken in season 8 when the America's Player vote went to keep Dick in the house instead of amber

Agreed. It's been all downhill from there.

I think they had very good seasons since then, so I disagree with the overall sentiment. My favorite cast still is from BB 10 with Dan, Keesha, Memphis, Renny, and Jerry. It was extremely fun watching them just talk about different things, like politics or the economy, jobs, etc.. and then goof around all night. Stark contrast with this year's shallow group who do nothing but bad mouth each other or talk about nothing really. I enjoyed the past season when Ian won and also when Rachel won hers. Just I don't know how one can watch only the CBS shows anymore, since they don't show 95% of what goes on in that house. Strategy conversations that go on all the time are always interesting, plus the rumors and the constant mistrust is very entertaining.
Last edited by Sarcastic on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:20 pm

Spangler wrote:Is it justme or is Gina Marie looking worse and worse as the BB competition moves on?

info on the serious fight they just had and elissa going crazy, making stuff up in her head like reality didn't exist there. I seriously think there is something mental with her. Remember, I used to really like her earlier, but she sounds like she was on some serious meds lately - or should be.
Spoiler:
She's just a mess. But there is no bigger mess right now than Elissa. I supported her, but I had a complete turn around. That woman is crazy. There was a fight like 2 nights ago, because she accused Aaryn of starting a rumor about a 5 person alliance (spencer howard Kaitlin gina and judd [judd is faking it]), yet it was Elissa herself who said it to Kaitlin and a big discussion went on later with almost all people present where Elissa came off looking like a crazy lady. She kept lying about Aaryn and hoping Kaitlin would confirm... of course Kaitlin didn't want to and told the truth that it was Elissa not Aaryn. Aaryn has been an absolute sweetheart this past week. So now Elissa has been talking crazy stuff like 'aaryn yelled at me for 10 minutes' and 'I was attacked by two girls (aaryn and kaitlin)'. None of it is true and all people saw it that night. Now her own alliance (helen, andy, judd, jessie, amanda, mccrae) see her as a mental patient with the way she's been acting and putting her own alliance in danger by starting crap like that for her own selfish reason which is to kick out aaryn not Kaitlin, as was already agreed upon... but she hates aaryn so much she wouldn't shut up about her). They know they need to get rid of Elissa as soon as they can, after like spencer or howard because she is a loose cannon and too dangerous to keep around.

Not sure how much of that fight they will show tonight but here it is

after the fight, her alliance members would get together and talk how crazy elissa is and how much she almost ruined their plan and exposed their alliance and especially JUDD who is bringing information from spencer/howard to them.
Last edited by Sarcastic on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:27 pm

canaan wrote:America's vote this week (Big Brother related)

Spoiler:

Yeah. Apparently people didn't read the instructions (or watch the show before voting) and so they put up Elissa by mistake. Funniest thing ever.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:35 pm

eddysnake wrote:
canaan wrote:I'm liking orange is the new black a lot more than I thought I would

is it funny?

Canaan, you son of a gun. I loved it. My gf loved it. It was one of those things where I thought I'd turn if off halfway through the first episode, but I was so into it.... just itching to find out what happens next, I/we watched two episodes at once, then a 3rd one later. Finished the entire 13 episode season in 3 days.

It's not a funny show, eddy, just really interesting. It's about a women's prison and what goes on there. Acting is generally very good. They seemed to tell the story of each of the more visible women, one per episode, so we learned about the cast, but you do have the main character and the show focuses around her - and I guess her ex-gf now. She's very good.

It's one of the more interesting shows I've seen in a while and now I'm pissed I have to wait to next year for season 2.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:39 pm

:) its pretty good.
up to epi 11:
Spoiler:
jenji kohan seems to like making the main female lead unlikable. as much as i loathe jason biggs, her cheating on him with prepon reminds me a lot of the way i felt watching mary-louise parker become unlikable as weeds progressed.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:54 pm

canaan wrote::) its pretty good.
up to epi 11:
Spoiler:
jenji kohan seems to like making the main female lead unlikable. as much as i loathe jason biggs, her cheating on him with prepon reminds me a lot of the way i felt watching mary-louise parker become unlikable as weeds progressed.

Spoiler:
I think they are perhaps making the lead character more complicated because she was squeaky clean when she came into prison and now she's gotten herself a bit dirty and wait till you see the final scene in last episode. Hoooooly crap. She's in deep poo and how will that change her from the personal side now. I really can't wait to see what's next.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:02 pm

5 episodes into season 4 of Breaking Bad. I just can't finish this show. No time, but I gotta bang it out soon.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:15 pm

bb for voting tonight --- spoiler so don't click

Spoiler:
Kaitlin is going home with possibly a 9-0 vote. spencer and howard just talked and agreed they have to go along with the house sentiment (Kaitlin hasn't been told for sure yet, though she suspects it) to prevent exposing themselves - they have no idea the other side already knows everything they're doing and how they stand - through Judd - which is pretty funny) only to strike later when it's safer.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
canaan wrote:I'm liking orange is the new black a lot more than I thought I would

is it funny?

Canaan, you son of a gun. I loved it. My gf loved it. It was one of those things where I thought I'd turn if off halfway through the first episode, but I was so into it.... just itching to find out what happens next, I/we watched two episodes at once, then a 3rd one later. Finished the entire 13 episode season in 3 days.

It's not a funny show, eddy, just really interesting. It's about a women's prison and what goes on there. Acting is generally very good. They seemed to tell the story of each of the more visible women, one per episode, so we learned about the cast, but you do have the main character and the show focuses around her - and I guess her ex-gf now. She's very good.

It's one of the more interesting shows I've seen in a while and now I'm pissed I have to wait to next year for season 2.

I'm 5 in and like it. Don't care for Jason Biggs. Crazy eyes is awesome
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NHR