Dexter Anyone? **Possible Spoilers Ahead**

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Dexter Anyone? **Possible Spoilers Ahead**

Postby PensFanInDC on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:18 am

Mr. Colby wrote:
Samsdog wrote:Thought I just had-what if the doctor is the one that put the idea of the Code in Harry's head in the first place? She's a psychopath whose thing is cultivating serial killers and unleashing them on the world. Hence the new killer. Would be kind of an interesting twist if she's the puppet master behind Dexter.

I could see this being the case... Dexter kills her in the end and he's finally "free"

I would love this
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:39 am

Don't you think that Dexter was a former patient of Dr. Vogel? That's why she has his artwork? I remember reading she was a doctor (therapist? neurologist?) that worked with children. Or have I not had enough coffee yet?

Anyone stunned that Jaime is with Joey Quinn (and nekkid, to boot)? Or did they start this last season? I watched it, but don't remember. Her character is one that is always a bit off for me. Not the acting, but the whole "hot-20 something that doesn't have anything else to do but babysit Harrison all the time" part. :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:43 am

I caught the newest episode yesterday. It was the first episode form the series i've seen that was really interesting to me.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Samsdog on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:15 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Don't you think that Dexter was a former patient of Dr. Vogel? That's why she has his artwork? I remember reading she was a doctor (therapist? neurologist?) that worked with children. Or have I not had enough coffee yet?

Anyone stunned that Jaime is with Joey Quinn (and nekkid, to boot)? Or did they start this last season? I watched it, but don't remember. Her character is one that is always a bit off for me. Not the acting, but the whole "hot-20 something that doesn't have anything else to do but babysit Harrison all the time" part. :lol:

She is is his former therapist, that's why I can see her having been the one that planted the seed in Harry's head.

Jamie and Quinn were together at the end of last season. It is odd, I don't know how many people would put up with Dexter's work schedule all the time.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby largegarlic on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:46 am

Samsdog wrote:Thought I just had-what if the doctor is the one that put the idea of the Code in Harry's head in the first place? She's a psychopath whose thing is cultivating serial killers and unleashing them on the world. Hence the new killer. Would be kind of an interesting twist if she's the puppet master behind Dexter.

I like this theory too.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby largegarlic on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:01 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Don't you think that Dexter was a former patient of Dr. Vogel? That's why she has his artwork? I remember reading she was a doctor (therapist? neurologist?) that worked with children. Or have I not had enough coffee yet?

I still find the primary characters on the show, Dexter and Deb, and usually the guest star to be very interesting, but the writers really do a pretty poor job with the secondary characters. It's like they thought (rightly) that Dexter having a kid would be an interesting wrinkle, but then realized having Dexter take care of a kid in any realistic sort of way would severely cramp his serial killer out on the town lifestyle, so they had to invent a super-nanny to basically take over Dexter's parenting responsibilities. We're supposed to believe that a smart, attractive 20-something is going to take care of Harrison 24/7 and that Dexter makes enough to pay her salary on a forensic tech's salary.

Her being with Quinn kind of fits. I don't know why Quinn is on the show (and neither do the writers, it seems). It's kind of like the writers were thinking, "Well, this Quinn guy is still around. What the heck can we have him do this season? Let's have him hook up with Batista's sister. That gives two useless characters something to do.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:20 pm

So this might be the best season of the series. Everything is exceptional IMO. Well...everything except the Quinn/Batista/Batista's sister story line.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:52 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:So this might be the best season of the series. Everything is exceptional IMO. Well...everything except the Quinn/Batista/Batista's sister story line.

IDK, not enough suspense for my liking and they gave up the Doc/Dexter thing to quickly.

Why does no one in Miami Metro wonder why Dexter and this 90 year old woman are hanging out together so much?

Was not liking the psycho-drunk Deb (but I never really liked her anyway). I hope she doesn't turn the complete opposite now.

The only things good about Batista's sister are her hot scenes, but I can't stop seeing uncle George Lopez every time I see her!

I thought last season characters and plot(s) were much more interesting and exciting. How I loved Hannah McKay! This season needs to pick up some speed.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:19 pm

Ive been pretty bored by the season.

I used to get nervous watching Dexter because you never knew what was going to happen next, but I dont have that feeling at all this season. It seems like they really drew out these first 4 episodes. I mean, did they really need all 4 to introduce the doctor and hammer home the point that Deb and Dexter's relationship is complicated? IMO, they could have done all that in 1.5 episodes tops.

I liked what happened with Dex and Deb at the end of episode 4, as the fallout from that could really make the final 8 really good. I guess I was hoping for a much faster moving plot than what they gave us so far.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mr. Colby on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:35 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:

I could see this being the case... Dexter kills her in the end and he's finally "free"

I would love this

I feel like this theory is getting legs.

Vogel the master manipulator led Harry into suicide and controlled Dexter's life without him ever knowing it.

Vogel personifies "the code" - a school of thinking brought about by sheer manipulation. Maybe that's her infatuation with the brain - her ability to control it in others.

Maybe she's playing 2 killers she created against each other to get off
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby blackjack68 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:07 pm

Too many different directions going on for a clean wind up in 5 episodes.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Twisted Wrister on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:33 am

blackjack68 wrote:Too many different directions going on for a clean wind up in 5 episodes.

Agreed, since when did we care what Masuka does outside of make a corny joke.
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Spangler on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:39 pm

I have a feeling Masuka is gonna go down hard.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:46 pm

That's What Masuka Said??
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:55 pm

blackjack68 wrote:Too many different directions going on for a clean wind up in 5 episodes.

I agree. I read somewhere that stuff starts getting crazy in episode 9. Here's hoping.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby IanMoran on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Breaking bad is making Dexter look bad right now... (for those who enjoy both shows)
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mr. Colby on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:41 am

Dexter is making Dexter look bad
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby PensFanInDC on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:24 am

Well I like it...

So there, poopy heads....
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby IanMoran on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:47 am

This season hasn't been bad, per se.. It just has been very "meh."

The only season I disliked was last seasons (really hate the Debra character, and she was basically the star of it so it was almost unwatchable for me). They've toned her down a lot this season at least
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Spangler on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:30 am

Only reason why I liked last season was because I have a crush on Yvonne Strahovsky.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:59 am

I had this thought during this week's episode. It doesn't make as much sense after the ending but....what if Dexter dies and becomes this new kid's Harry. The End.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby largegarlic on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:01 am

I just caught up with the last couple episodes and absolutely agree. I thought the season had a very promising start with the introduction of Dr. Vogel and Deb being a wreck (which makes sense given what she's been through), but now too much other stuff has been introduced.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:08 pm

Spangler wrote:Only reason why I liked last season was because I have a crush on Yvonne Strahovsky.

:thumb: For sure.

The Hannah character gets a bad wrap on a lot of outlets, but when she enters the scene, the chemistry between her and Michael C. Hall is truly palpable. They just have something that makes you "feel" their drama.

Really, so glad she's back. Now, there is some suspense going on.

Masuka and the daughter...something has to happen there. They are building that story far too much. Will she be Dexter's undoing? Is she really the daughter of a Dexter victim from seasons past?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:10 pm

largegarlic wrote:

I just caught up with the last couple episodes and absolutely agree. I thought the season had a very promising start with the introduction of Dr. Vogel and Deb being a wreck (which makes sense given what she's been through), but now too much other stuff has been introduced.

For some reason, I don't think it's going to be a clean wind-up. I keep getting this feeling they are grooming for a spin-off series. Maybe with the new young killer kid with "Dexter" making various cameo appearances.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hockeynut! on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:24 pm

They've definitely hinted to a spin off.
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR