Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby Rugbymuffin on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:30 am

Anyone know anything about this kid ?

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/spo ... mp-696108/

Good article. I save my judgements for what he can do on the ice.
Rugbymuffin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:39 am

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:38 am

It might be just me, but this sounds like "22 year old playing against a bunch of 18-19 year olds".
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,546
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby netwolf on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:58 am

Definitely something to that. Was one of the biggest guys there, but skates better than you'd think. Okay hands. Good hitter, capable fighter. Doesn't go looking for trouble, but will defend a teammate. As is the case with most guys his age, he has consistency issues. If he makes it as an NHLer, he figures to be a bottom 6 guy, maybe along the lines of a Mike Rupp.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,447
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby Pitt87 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:08 pm

netwolf wrote: If he makes it as an NHLer, he figures to be a bottom 6 guy, maybe along the lines of a Mike Rupp.


Depending on the magnitude of your 'if', we could use a guy like that.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,302
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:33 am
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby columbia on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:09 pm

I'd like to see some footage of him skating. I looked on youtube and it was two pages of fights.

EDIT:



He looks more nimble on his skates than Tangradi. :wink:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,417
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:28 pm

Seems like a good bet to never get playing time. :pop:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,971
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby ville5 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Sounds like he can do Glass' job at half the cost.
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,915
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:34 pm

Sounds like Glass can do his job with NHL experience. /trump
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,971
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:53 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
netwolf wrote: If he makes it as an NHLer, he figures to be a bottom 6 guy, maybe along the lines of a Mike Rupp.


Depending on the magnitude of your 'if', we could use a guy like that.


One? I'll take 3, thanks. Adams makes Rupp look like Sergei Fedorov by comparison.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,410
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby Jesse on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Temper your expectations.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,645
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:07 am
Location: The Land of Condescending Posters

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby Steve on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:26 pm

Jesse wrote:Temper your expectations.


Sorry, the ball is already rolling on this. We have penciled him on our 4th line, replacing Adams or Glass. If he fails to score in his first two games, he immediately will be promoted to whipping boy. He will remain as whipping boy until he has been removed from our lineup - at that time, we will then blame Bylsma for not giving him a chance.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,691
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Maryland

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby Puck Drama on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Payerl is the next great Luca Caputi!
Puck Drama
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 913
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby meow on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:43 pm

You're not even trying anymore, Puck Drama. You are a shell of your former self.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,451
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby wondermoose on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:00 pm

I'll hold out for Trevor Lewis after next season. Let the poaching of LA begin!!!
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,110
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:18 am

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby Caputi19 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:57 pm

Been Fan Since He Played In Ohl. Very Capable Bottom 6. Was Happy When He Joined The Pens
Caputi19
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:13 pm
Location: Erie,PA

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:58 am

Caputi19 wrote:Been Fan Since He Played In Ohl. Very Capable Bottom 6. Was Happy When He Joined The Pens


Are you talking about your namesake?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,971
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby IntangibleBeer on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:58 pm

Steve wrote:
Jesse wrote:Temper your expectations.


Sorry, the ball is already rolling on this. We have penciled him on our 4th line, replacing Adams or Glass. If he fails to score in his first two games, he immediately will be promoted to whipping boy. He will remain as whipping boy until he has been removed from our lineup - at that time, we will then blame Bylsma for not giving him a chance.


:scared: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 9:17 am

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby pugilist13 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Steve wrote:
Jesse wrote:Temper your expectations.


Sorry, the ball is already rolling on this. We have penciled him on our 4th line, replacing Adams or Glass. If he fails to score in his first two games, he immediately will be promoted to whipping boy. He will remain as whipping boy until he has been removed from our lineup - at that time, we will then blame Bylsma for not giving him a chance.

I think you fully captured the Payerl experience. :)
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,258
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:51 pm
Location: your back yard

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby Guinness on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:31 pm

columbia wrote:I'd like to see some footage of him skating. I looked on youtube and it was two pages of fights.

EDIT:



He looks more nimble on his skates than Tangradi. :wink:


I am more nimble on my skates than Tangradi.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,337
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:30 am
Location: At the pub

Re: Hype-Machine - Adam Payerl

Postby ville5 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:07 am

Guinness wrote:
columbia wrote:I'd like to see some footage of him skating. I looked on youtube and it was two pages of fights.

EDIT:



He looks more nimble on his skates than Tangradi. :wink:


I am more nimble on my skates than Tangradi.

youtube proof or its not true :lol:
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,915
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MarsB and 20 guests


e-mail