TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby Mr. Colby on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:45 pm

BB15

Spoiler:
Good news, Helen is going to be evicted. Bad news, CBS will probably make the jury competition a brainy one and she'll get back in. Here's to hoping Judd returns, as he's the only tolerable one of the 4 jury members.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,045
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:33 pm
Location: Born and Raised in Kent Manderville

Re: TV Shows

Postby newarenanow on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:46 am

Mr. Colby wrote:BB15

Spoiler:
Good news, Helen is going to be evicted. Bad news, CBS will probably make the jury competition a brainy one and she'll get back in. Here's to hoping Judd returns, as he's the only tolerable one of the 4 jury members.


Spoiler:
I missed last night, but following jokers updates, it does seem Helen is gone.

And I agree, hope Judd is the one that comes back. I'd probably shoot myself if Candice came back though.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,582
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby canaan on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:36 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:BB15

Spoiler:
Good news, Helen is going to be evicted. Bad news, CBS will probably make the jury competition a brainy one and she'll get back in. Here's to hoping Judd returns, as he's the only tolerable one of the 4 jury members.


Spoiler:
I missed last night, but following jokers updates, it does seem Helen is gone.

And I agree, hope Judd is the one that comes back. I'd probably shoot myself if Candice came back though.


Spoiler:
Judd would be this season's saving grace...if he had any brains about him
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 37,995
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: TV Shows

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:26 pm

canaan wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:BB15

Spoiler:
Good news, Helen is going to be evicted. Bad news, CBS will probably make the jury competition a brainy one and she'll get back in. Here's to hoping Judd returns, as he's the only tolerable one of the 4 jury members.


Spoiler:
I missed last night, but following jokers updates, it does seem Helen is gone.

And I agree, hope Judd is the one that comes back. I'd probably shoot myself if Candice came back though.


Spoiler:
Judd would be this season's saving grace...if he had any brains about him


Spoiler:
If Candace or Jessie returns, it will have absolutely no impact. If Helen returns it will probably be status quo - I can't see any shifting of power. She will probably go after Aaryn first and leave Mccranda alone. Big deal. But if JUDD comes back... I can definitely see a realigning of the power in the house if he joins Aaryn's side. Aaryn/Spencer/Judd/GM alliance could bring down Amanda
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,045
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:33 pm
Location: Born and Raised in Kent Manderville

Re: TV Shows

Postby Spangler on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:48 pm

I know it's probably harder than it looks, but if I was eliminated from the house, and got to compete in that catching competition for a chance to reenter, I would feel VERY good about my chances. Especially considering the athletic ratio of people left in the house is pretty bad.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,197
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:31 am

Re: TV Shows

Postby canaan on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:58 pm

This comp is huge for the swing or the status quo
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 37,995
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: TV Shows

Postby Mr. Colby on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:25 am

BB15
Spoiler:
Judd is back in. Elissa is HOH. Judd, Aaryn, Spencer, and Aaryn need to form an alliance and go after Amanda and MC right now. Put them both up. Although I'M SURE Elissa will put up Aaryn and GM. Lame.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,045
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:33 pm
Location: Born and Raised in Kent Manderville

Re: TV Shows

Postby eddysnake on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:41 am

watched first episode of The Wire last night. at times, it feels like I'm watching it in a foreign language. It really infuriates me that there are so much scum in this country. If you moved all these low lifes to state controlled prison ala escape from ny, I'm honestly wondering if they would even care?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,087
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: TV Shows

Postby newarenanow on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:44 am

Mr. Colby wrote:BB15
Spoiler:
Judd is back in. Elissa is HOH. Judd, Aaryn, Spencer, and Aaryn need to form an alliance and go after Amanda and MC right now. Put them both up. Although I'M SURE Elissa will put up Aaryn and GM. Lame.


Spoiler:
I saw that. I'm glad Judd is back. He was my favorite. And Elissa winning HOH could be a game changer if she plays her cards right.

I would agree with you if Helen wasn't voted out, but I think she will go after Amanda this week. At least I hope she does. That woudl be a HUGE power shift in the house if she broke up McCrae and Amanda (although I like McCrae).

If she goes status quo and does Aaryn and Spencer or something like that, then these people are dumb.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,582
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby newarenanow on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:45 am

the wicked child wrote:I've seen the first 2 episodes. Not bad, but hasn't hooked me yet. What distinguishes it from the other 42356 cop shows out there? I can't answer that yet.


I watched the first episode last night of Low Winter Sun last night. It was ok, I just have to get to know the characters. But what bothered me, it just seemed like everyone, especially the black cop, talked with that angry batman voice.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,582
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby Dickie Dunn on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:01 am

eddysnake wrote:watched first episode of The Wire last night. at times, it feels like I'm watching it in a foreign language. It really infuriates me that there are so much scum in this country. If you moved all these low lifes to state controlled prison ala escape from ny, I'm honestly wondering if they would even care?


Wait till Snoop shows up in season three. Damn near impossible to understand.
Dickie Dunn
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,952
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:05 am

Re: TV Shows

Postby Spangler on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:20 pm

Mr. Colby wrote:BB15
Spoiler:
Judd is back in. Elissa is HOH. Judd, Aaryn, Spencer, and Aaryn need to form an alliance and go after Amanda and MC right now. Put them both up. Although I'M SURE Elissa will put up Aaryn and GM. Lame.


Spoiler:
On the 3rd week Judd rose from the dead.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,197
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:31 am

Re: TV Shows

Postby newarenanow on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:24 pm

BB15

Spoiler:
After reading some updates, does seem like Aaryn is the target for Ellissa. Dumb move on her part.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,582
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby the wicked child on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:04 pm

It definitely has a shelf life, but I found that I actually enjoy Impractical Jokers. :pop:

I'm sure at some point I'll get sick of it and wonder why I ever laughed, but for the time being it's killing me.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,677
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: TV Shows

Postby the wicked child on Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:23 am

Was happy to find that I don't need to play DVR roulette this year prior to going on vacation. All but one of the shows that I am currently watching has the new episodes being posted to On Demand. It'll still take me forever to catch up, but at least this time I don't have to pick and choose what I record or do everything in SD to fit it all.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,677
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: TV Shows

Postby relantel on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:18 pm

finally watched the 2nd half of the season premiere of Hell on Wheels --
Spoiler:
where they set up how Durant comes back as his old conniving self, and appear to set up the reporter as Bohanon's next flame
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,608
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: PM me your email addy for invite to LGP Extra Attacker league

Re: TV Shows

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:52 pm

So am I the only one in the USA that still watches Wilfred on FX?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,804
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Bring Me Four Fried Chickens and a Coke...

Re: TV Shows

Postby Crankshaft on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:09 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:So am I the only one in the USA that still watches Wilfred on FX?


I've never watched it, other than a few episodes. Every time I catch it, I want to watch it more.
Crankshaft
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,224
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Crankshaft wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:So am I the only one in the USA that still watches Wilfred on FX?


I've never watched it, other than a few episodes. Every time I catch it, I want to watch it more.

This post pleases me.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,804
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Bring Me Four Fried Chickens and a Coke...

Re: TV Shows

Postby Crankshaft on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:22 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:So am I the only one in the USA that still watches Wilfred on FX?


I've never watched it, other than a few episodes. Every time I catch it, I want to watch it more.

This post pleases me.


Just checked and the first two seasons are on Netflix.
Crankshaft
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,224
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:01 pm

Too cute new episode. Jackpot
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,118
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: TV Shows

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:02 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Too cute new episode. Jackpot

Meh its kittens. Now if it was puppies. ;)
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,804
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Bring Me Four Fried Chickens and a Coke...

Re: TV Shows

Postby canaan on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:47 pm

What's with the influx of kids-centric cooking competition shows? Master chef, Rachel v. Guy, etc...just stupid.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 37,995
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: TV Shows

Postby the wicked child on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:54 pm

I don't know. I'm all for teaching kids to cook from the beginning... But that is just sad.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,677
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: TV Shows

Postby relantel on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:56 am

In the 3 months delayed department, we watched the season (series) finale of Touch last night.
Spoiler:
It seemed rushed, as if they knew they were getting cancelled and had to wrap the story up as best as possible. Even with that, they left it open for some future development.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,608
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: PM me your email addy for invite to LGP Extra Attacker league

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: King Sid the Great 87, skullman80 and 10 guests

e-mail