Movie

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Movie

Postby pittsoccer33 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:16 am

i think the entire thing is so stupid.

even if gordon levitt wasn't interested in doing any more movies, they should have used that character. we already have a bit of an origin story for him - street kid who became a cop, less martial arts training than bruce wayne, more knowledge of police procedure. he showed that he isnt opposed to killing unlike wayne which could make for some more interesting moral dilemmas. warner had another series of movies handed to them on a silver platter.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby eddysnake on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:20 am

pittsoccer33 wrote:i think the entire thing is so stupid.

even if gordon levitt wasn't interested in doing any more movies, they should have used that character. we already have a bit of an origin story for him - street kid who became a cop, less martial arts training than bruce wayne, more knowledge of police procedure. he showed that he isnt opposed to killing unlike wayne which could make for some more interesting moral dilemmas. warner had another series of movies handed to them on a silver platter.

nah, people want to see bruce wayne/batman with superman, not someone who may or may not be Robin. That said, I would take a spinoff Nightwing movie with JGL using that character
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:23 am

I doubt there's much interest for a robin movie.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:35 am

i wouldnt have stuck him in a movie with superman and i wouldnt have made him robin. call him nightwing, call him batman, i dont care. i thought it was a great idea to start a new story.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby eddysnake on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:40 am

pittsoccer33 wrote:i wouldnt have stuck him in a movie with superman and i wouldnt have made him robin. call him nightwing, call him batman, i dont care. i thought it was a great idea to start a new story.

I agree. The only thing I can't figure out about WB casting an older Batman is that the character is going to be rebooted again fairly soon. But, maybe not, does Batman get a stand alone movie after this or do they go right into Justice League (in which case, I'm guessing Affleck will now direct that)
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:49 am

pittsoccer33 wrote:i wouldnt have stuck him in a movie with superman and i wouldnt have made him robin. call him nightwing, call him batman, i dont care. i thought it was a great idea to start a new story.

It could have easily turned into Batman Beyond. Which would have worked out nicely...
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Dickie Dunn on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:52 pm

eddysnake wrote:

I agree. The only thing I can't figure out about WB casting an older Batman is that the character is going to be rebooted again fairly soon. But, maybe not, does Batman get a stand alone movie after this or do they go right into Justice League (in which case, I'm guessing Affleck will now direct that)

That's the most confusing part of this for me. This was supposed to be the beginning of their reboot. The Nolan Batman is done and over with, this is the fresh start, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Anyways, here's a photoshop of Affleck in the Arkham Asylum suit:

Spoiler:

And one in an edited Daredevil suit:

Spoiler:

Both look pretty solid to me. I think he'll look pretty damn good in the cape and cowl.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby GSdrums87 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:54 pm

I mean, he probably had to audition. And he probably killed the part. That, and his recent successes as a director can only help Snyder.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:54 pm

They can do a new trilogy/series without making the first one an origins story. They could all be stories with an older Batman.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Clooney reprising as an older Batman like in the Dark Knight comics could be awesome. I think he was just the victim of a bad script; Clooney is awesome.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby nocera on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Ben Affleck with a good script will be amazing. If this script sucks, it doesn't matter who it is.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Dickie Dunn on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:16 pm

There was a rumor a couple months ago that he had been offered the Batman role and the director's chair for Justice League and that he turned it down. Guess we'll find out how true that rumor is in the coming years.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby tifosi77 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:02 pm

eddysnake wrote:watched Big Fish last night, love everything about this movie.

Been a while since I heard anyone mention that one... good film.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Shyster on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:29 pm

Rylan wrote:The shows for the DC universe are pretty good. Justice League and Justice League unlimited take place in the same universe as the animated Batman series from the early 90s, Batman Beyond, and a few other animated shows and movies. They are extremely good to watch.

Young Justice isn't in the same continuity, but it’s also a very good show. I was extremely disappointed that it was canceled after only the two seasons. It focused on some of the DC characters that are usually considered minor characters or sidekicks, like Robin/Nightwing, Aqualad, Superboy, Miss Martian, Speedy/Red Arrow/Arsenal, Blue Beetle, and Wonder Girl.

Personally, I think the animated DC properties, and particularly the “Timmverse” shows, have generally been vastly superior to their live-action movie counterparts.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:10 pm

******** about Affleck is just something to ***** about, really. I'm sure he'll do a fine job in the role. I am not sold on the idea of the movie itself, however.

And I will also not fault Clooney himself for the debacle that was Batman & Robin. I'm not sure anyone could have saved that script. Yikes.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:12 pm

tifosi77 wrote:
eddysnake wrote:watched Big Fish last night, love everything about this movie.

Been a while since I heard anyone mention that one... good film.

But will you go see the Broadway show based on the movie and produced by Jimmy Buffett?
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby eddysnake on Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:41 am

Watched gone with the wind last night, another classic I could watch anytime. Gable is absolutely perfect in that movie and Vivian Leigh is sexy. Blu ray is stunning
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:56 am

Watched 42 last night. It was ok
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:48 pm

Has anyone else seen the preview for the new Scorcese film, "The Family"? I'm intrigued, yet worried.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:54 am

I watched Zero Dark Thirty last night. Thought it was great.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:35 pm

Word is, Affleck will also help write the script and has signed on for a multi-picture deal. Again, nothing but good news. Affleck has been rocking it in films where he's in control of his character. (Argo, The Town)
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Really enjoyed The World's End
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rylan on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Started Judge Dredd last night on Netflix. Liked what I saw but eventually fell asleep, but that is not because the movie was bad or anything.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:55 pm

Halfway thru oblivion. Loving it
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:06 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:Halfway thru oblivion. Loving it

Not sure I'd say I loved but it kept me entertained for 2 hrs.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR