TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:24 pm

I watched the Low Winter Sun first episode on Saturday and then fell asleep watching the second. I'll probably watch it further.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,195
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: TV Shows

Postby newarenanow on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:22 pm

BB15:
Spoiler:
I guess Andy was put up in place of McCrae. And now Amanda is fired up and up in Elissa's face, making fun of her, her family, etc. The Amanda, McCrae, Andy, Aaryn alliance is fired up and hate Elissa because she didn't follow their plan.

Good for her to not follow the masses, but she will have a target on her back the rest of the way. She will be the next one out unless she wins veto, or if she convinces Spencer/Judd that they are on the outside looking in on that power alliance.

Amanda really has went from one of my favorite at the beginning to one of my least favorite ever. She is a major ***** that can't handle not getting her own way.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,398
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby Spangler on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:57 pm

newarenanow wrote:BB15:
Spoiler:
I guess Andy was put up in place of McCrae. And now Amanda is fired up and up in Elissa's face, making fun of her, her family, etc. The Amanda, McCrae, Andy, Aaryn alliance is fired up and hate Elissa because she didn't follow their plan.

Good for her to not follow the masses, but she will have a target on her back the rest of the way. She will be the next one out unless she wins veto, or if she convinces Spencer/Judd that they are on the outside looking in on that power alliance.

Amanda really has went from one of my favorite at the beginning to one of my least favorite ever. She is a major ***** that can't handle not getting her own way.


Spoiler:
Amanda should just be happy Elissa didn't put her up in place of McCrae. That would have been the logical move.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,357
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:31 am
Location: www.reviewjunkies.com

Re: TV Shows

Postby canaan on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:59 pm

ive never seen a season of big brother this devoid of intelligence.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,947
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: TV Shows

Postby newarenanow on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:12 pm

Spangler wrote:
newarenanow wrote:BB15:
Spoiler:
I guess Andy was put up in place of McCrae. And now Amanda is fired up and up in Elissa's face, making fun of her, her family, etc. The Amanda, McCrae, Andy, Aaryn alliance is fired up and hate Elissa because she didn't follow their plan.

Good for her to not follow the masses, but she will have a target on her back the rest of the way. She will be the next one out unless she wins veto, or if she convinces Spencer/Judd that they are on the outside looking in on that power alliance.

Amanda really has went from one of my favorite at the beginning to one of my least favorite ever. She is a major ***** that can't handle not getting her own way.


Spoiler:
Amanda should just be happy Elissa didn't put her up in place of McCrae. That would have been the logical move.


Spoiler:
That was her plan, but Amanda won Veto and she couldn't.

Amanda is mad because she wanted Elissa to put up GM so they could vote her out and keep Aaryn. When she wouldn't, she flipped out. THey won't vote Andy out over Aaryn.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,398
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby newarenanow on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:14 pm

canaan wrote:ive never seen a season of big brother this devoid of intelligence.


Spoiler:
I agree for the most part, but this week, Elissa actually made a big move and didn't follow the masses.

Her plan was to backdoor Amanda, but Amanda won veto and she couldn't, so she put up the other member of their 3am alliance in Andy so at least one of their allies would be going home this week and reduce the numbers on their side.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,398
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby newarenanow on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:59 pm

BB15

Spoiler:
I guess Aaryn told Amanda that anyone but McCrae and Andy would put her up next week (even though Amanda thinks everyone is on her side), and now she is blowing up, saying she wants to punch Elissa in the face, calling her everyname in the book, and Andy tried to walk away and she told Andy not to be a ***** and sit down. She is blowing up, and Andy got the rule book and read to her about threats, etc.

Amanda said if she goes up next week, everyone is in trouble.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,398
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:04 pm

have there really been 15 big brothers?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,143
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: TV Shows

Postby canaan on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:22 pm

The guy on united states of bacon is a numbnuts
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,947
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: TV Shows

Postby Hockeynut! on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:26 pm

Anyone watching Hell on Wheels? This season is the best yet, imo.
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,176
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:55 am

Re: TV Shows

Postby the wicked child on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Yep. Though I haven't seen the last episode yet. The show has been steadily improving after an inconsistent first season.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,726
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: TV Shows

Postby Daniel87 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:have there really been 15 big brothers?

Yup, and only about half have been rigged.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,077
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:06 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: TV Shows

Postby canaan on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:59 pm

This Lisa Lampanelli HBO special is just awful. Ik no prude, but the racist bit gets old in less than 5 minutes.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,947
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: TV Shows

Postby Daniel87 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:04 pm

On the apprentice she threw a huge fit at Arsenio Hall for using foul language. What a disgusting hypocrite she is.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,077
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:06 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: TV Shows

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:40 am

http://tvline.com/2013/07/29/under-the-dome-season-2-renewed/

Well at least I know the book isn't ruined...
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,913
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: TV Shows

Postby canaan on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:50 am

ugh. ive only been watching the last couple of dreadful episodes because i thought there would be an end in sight. looks like thats coming off the dvr list.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,947
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: TV Shows

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:48 pm

We'll probably keep watching but it will get to a point where I really just have to know the resolution. I'll be picking up the book this evening.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,913
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: TV Shows

Postby relantel on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:56 pm

Hockeynut! wrote:Anyone watching Hell on Wheels? This season is the best yet, imo.

I've watched the two hour premiere but behind other than that - two eps I think?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,154
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: TV Shows

Postby JeffDFD on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:30 am

relantel wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:Anyone watching Hell on Wheels? This season is the best yet, imo.

I've watched the two hour premiere but behind other than that - two eps I think?


There has been 4 total episodes this season so far but the premiere was 2 episodes in 1 day...so, yes.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,575
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: Inside the tumor in Crosby's neck.

Re: TV Shows

Postby the wicked child on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:48 am

Top Shot had its best season by far. The lack of household drama meant the show was only about the weapons and the shots.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,726
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: TV Shows

Postby Spangler on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:11 pm

the wicked child wrote:Top Shot had its best season by far. The lack of household drama meant the show was only about the weapons and the shots.


That's one of the things I like about Face Off. They focus only on the makeup process and the challenges contestants face. They are all good sports and sometimes go out of their way to assist their competition if they need help.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,357
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:31 am
Location: www.reviewjunkies.com

Re: TV Shows

Postby Chefpatrick871 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:24 am

Eureka is a hell of a show.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,267
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:56 pm
Location: Eating muffins with Derpy

Re: TV Shows

Postby newarenanow on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:28 am

BB15:

Spoiler:
GM won the HOH. Hopefully she does the smart move and puts up Amanda and McCrae. If she doesn't, she is an idiot. One of them will definitely go home, and the chance of the other winning HOH are small.

As for Aaryn's eviction, I kind of felt weird and upset for her being grilled by Julie when she went out for her exit interview. If she was evicted 6 weeks ago, I would have loved it. But she seemed she completely changed and that view kind of went away, and I actually liked her. But you can't take back those words.

Hopefully Amanda goes home this week. The house will be 10Xs better.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,398
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby relantel on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:12 pm

Intrigued by the promos for Luther (BBC America starting 9/3) and Sleepy Hollow (Fox starting 9/16)
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,154
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: TV Shows

Postby Spangler on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:27 pm

newarenanow wrote:BB15:

Spoiler:
GM won the HOH. Hopefully she does the smart move and puts up Amanda and McCrae. If she doesn't, she is an idiot. One of them will definitely go home, and the chance of the other winning HOH are small.

As for Aaryn's eviction, I kind of felt weird and upset for her being grilled by Julie when she went out for her exit interview. If she was evicted 6 weeks ago, I would have loved it. But she seemed she completely changed and that view kind of went away, and I actually liked her. But you can't take back those words.

Hopefully Amanda goes home this week. The house will be 10Xs better.


I think the thing that bothered me the most about Aaryn's confrontation was the jagoffs who where laughing through most of it. She said she loves, Andy, Candice, and Helen, and people just laughed. What?! What's so funny about that? She's shown way more instances of affection than hate towards Andy and Helen.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,357
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:31 am
Location: www.reviewjunkies.com

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


e-mail