Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby target on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Per ticketmaster..for individual game tickets sales will be restricted to credit cards with an ohio billing address until Tuesday. They go on sale Friday Sept 6 for those in Ohio.
target
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Good thing the lady in my row at work just moved from cleveland.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,244
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby target on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:22 pm

I live in Wheeling, WV. A Kroger store across the river in Ohio is a TM outlet. Going to buy a TM gift card and then use the gift card to get tickets at the store. Think it would work?
target
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:33 pm

Probably not. Your billing address, I think, is where they'd send the tickets if you don't just print them online.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,449
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby target on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:41 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Probably not. Your billing address, I think, is where they'd send the tickets if you don't just print them online.


Maybe I can pay cash at the Kroger and have them hand me tickets?
target
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:52 pm

No, I don't think it works like that.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,449
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby target on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:05 pm

MRandall25 wrote:No, I don't think it works like that.


Interesting. I'm not trolling here...but I have never purchased tickets from ticketmaster at a retail location. I do have a few non-hockey fan friends in Ohio. Maybe cash plus an ohio address via friend going with me will work at the store. I'll post a follow up friday.
target
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:12 pm

I have no idea about purchasing from a location. I didn't think they did that anymore, with the internet and what not.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,449
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby Damian27548 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:11 am

If you get shut out of tickets, PM me.

I know I am going to have extras from my group going to the game.

Tickets would be 50.00 each and be in the upper level behind the goal where the Pens will be shooting twice.

First come, first serve.
Damian27548
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:24 pm

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:17 am

Why wouldn't that work? If its in ohio you should have no problem. I just didn't know there were physical TM locations anymore.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,244
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:03 am

Idoit40fans wrote:Why wouldn't that work? If its in ohio you should have no problem. I just didn't know there were physical TM locations anymore.


The 2nd part is precisely why I didnt think it would work
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,449
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby MelicharSux on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:06 pm

I can buy some tickets for people on Friday if you're interested. PM me to figure something out.

edit : If I kind of know you. :pop:

In other news, I just found out today that I'll be on travel for the Nov 2nd Pens game. Is anyone planning on coming to the other games out here?
MelicharSux
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,532
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:45 pm
Location: Columbus.

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Deployment?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,244
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby mac5155 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:41 pm

So they're letting the Ohio people buy em to make a buck off us? Lame.

Stubhub has some in 228 for $63. Is that a ripoff? What are TM prices for that section?
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,786
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby MelicharSux on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:09 pm

mac5155 wrote:So they're letting the Ohio people buy em to make a buck off us? Lame.

Stubhub has some in 228 for $63. Is that a ripoff? What are TM prices for that section?


$37 including fees
MelicharSux
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,532
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:45 pm
Location: Columbus.

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby mac5155 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Yikes, I'll wait
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,786
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby Damian27548 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:00 am

Prices for upper level per TicketMaster (Depends on row)

UPPER BOWL
US $39.00 - US $65.00
US $39.00 Ticket + US $8.00 Fees =
US $47.00

US $65.00 Ticket + US $9.50 Fees =
US $74.50

Columbus has 4 pricing tiers based on opponents Red, White, Blue, Classic. The Penguins fall under Classic (most expensive game).
Damian27548
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:24 pm

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby Damian27548 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:25 am

The Presale is going on now. Scattered singles in the cheapest ticket ranges.

$74.50 plus fees for blue line seats.
Damian27548
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:24 pm

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby The Colonel on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:21 pm

Damian27548 wrote:The Presale is going on now. Scattered singles in the cheapest ticket ranges.

$74.50 plus fees for blue line seats.


That is why I took a serious look at Stubhub, and decided to go with them. I didn't want to wait till the 10th and find there are only singles left. I bought section 228 Row K for $67 each. They are $55 tickets, but even with the service fees they charged, they are stll cheaper then the gate price of most CEC seats. Plus Nationwide is 10 years old I think, and the Pens went to that arena to to get ideas for CEC, and all the reviews I pulled up online said any seat is a good seat and good view. I can only imagine prices going up on Stubhub too.
The Colonel
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 10:34 am

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:52 pm

There aren't really any bad seats in Nationwide aside from the very back corners of 119 and 101 (that are normally used for Student Rush).
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,449
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:26 pm

The Colonel wrote:
Damian27548 wrote:The Presale is going on now. Scattered singles in the cheapest ticket ranges.

$74.50 plus fees for blue line seats.


That is why I took a serious look at Stubhub, and decided to go with them. I didn't want to wait till the 10th and find there are only singles left. I bought section 228 Row K for $67 each. They are $55 tickets, but even with the service fees they charged, they are stll cheaper then the gate price of most CEC seats. Plus Nationwide is 10 years old I think, and the Pens went to that arena to to get ideas for CEC, and all the reviews I pulled up online said any seat is a good seat and good view. I can only imagine prices going up on Stubhub too.


It's a very nice arena. Very nice.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,218
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby mac5155 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:48 pm

got 4 in 228 row M for $69 with fees on StubHub. Wasn't taking the risk of not getting them.

Any hotel suggestions? Can't remember where I stayed last time but it was nice. Red Roof Inn is on sale for $84 a night on priceline. Might just pull the trigger now.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,786
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:08 pm

mac5155 wrote:got 4 in 228 row M for $69 with fees on StubHub. Wasn't taking the risk of not getting them.

Any hotel suggestions? Can't remember where I stayed last time but it was nice. Red Roof Inn is on sale for $84 a night on priceline. Might just pull the trigger now.


There's a Hampton, Hyatt, and Hilton within walking distance to Nationwide Arena.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,449
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby MelicharSux on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:58 pm

I ended up getting my friends STH code and bought 9 tickets for all the pens games in Section 218 for $46 each. If my friends don't take them, they're up for grabs for cost (but I owe him a bottle of booze so I may charge a bit extra as well).

:pop:
MelicharSux
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,532
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:45 pm
Location: Columbus.

Re: Columbus Blue Jacket tickets..

Postby IamtheWaris on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:39 am

target wrote:Per ticketmaster..for individual game tickets sales will be restricted to credit cards with an ohio billing address until Tuesday. They go on sale Friday Sept 6 for those in Ohio.


Change your billing address right now, order tickets, then change it back after the order has processed. Select email for ticket delivery and you will be good to do. I am assuming nobody gets their credit card statements in the mail anymore.
IamtheWaris
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cde1024, Chirpin' Grinder, Desiato, FLPensFan, GeoTank, Humperdink, meow, orpchar, sil, Steve Dave and 32 guests


e-mail