Sid & Evgeni - nhl media day

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Sid & Evgeni - nhl media day

Postby penny lane on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:52 pm

Sidney Crosby can look forward to the start of his ninth National Hockey League season and the 2014 Sochi Olympics without the distractions of previous concussion problems.

In an exclusive, candid one-on-one interview with the CBC's Peter Mansbridge, which aired Wednesday night on The National, Crosby said he was symptom-free.

When asked if he was experiencing any recurring concussion symptoms, Crosby said, "Nothing. It's been good."

:thumb: :D Happy Joy!
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/sto ... ridge.html

More happy joy~ Evgeni is in North America.
NHL on NBC Sports ‏@NHLonNBCSports 9h Back to back @penguins! Evgeni Malkin is up next at #NHLMediaDay pic.twitter.com/JCg3Xai1pH
Spoiler:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Sid & Evgeni - nhl media day

Postby penny lane on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:21 am

Among them are centers Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, who are fresh off of a national media event in New York.
Coach Dan Bylsma and assistants Jacques Martin, Todd Reirden and Mike Bales are watching from the stands.

:D The boys are back !

from Shelly Anderson's tweet
Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly 8m (PG+) Crosby,Malkin skating: The number of players skating today at a Penguins informal practice at Consol Ene... http://bit.ly/1655fCg
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby skullman80 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:47 am

Start of Sid's NINTH season already.. time flies.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens_CT on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:53 pm

skullman80 wrote:Start of Sid's NINTH season already.. time flies.

...and only one stanley cup so far with Sid's name on it. Doesn't seem right based on all of the other things he has accomplished and been through.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:19 pm

pens_CT wrote:

...and only one stanley cup so far with Sid's name on it. Doesn't seem right based on all of the other things he has accomplished and been through.

Only one Stanley Cup. For my money pens_CT, one of the main reasons for only the one are the last two words of your sentence: "been through". But he has a helluva mentor in that respect. Mario Lemieux, who had a few "been throughs" in his career.

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:42 pm

Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:
pens_CT wrote:

Only one Stanley Cup. For my money pens_CT, one of the main reasons for only the one are the last two words of your sentence: "been through". But he has a helluva mentor in that respect. Mario Lemieux, who had a few "been throughs" in his career.

BEPF

I remember like it was yesterday, sitting in my buddy's basement with a few friends as the draft was winding down. The anticipation, the stakes... The ball comes up, it says Anaheim. Sid the Kid is coming to Pittsburgh. Situational, perfectly natural bro hugs and kisses are traded.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Eismann on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:34 pm

Been so busy with other things that I was surprised camp is so close.

9 years for Sid / Geno already. Fuzzy guess says this could be the halfway point of their careers, lots of stuff notwithstanding. I'm in the 'should have had more Cups' camp, but overall have enjoyed the show. Hope those two get more while they're still here.

I'm also at a crossroads, fan-wise, as an STH. I have a full-season plan, but it's getting pretty expensive, even with me selling more games than I go to. At the same time, I'd hate to drop the tix now while Sid and Geno are still working. Watevs. LGP.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby HockeyDaddy on Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:31 am

Eismann wrote:9 years for Sid / Geno already. Fuzzy guess says this could be the halfway point of their careers, lots of stuff notwithstanding.

I hadn't thought of it this way...but this could absolutely be the half way point. Pretty crazy, sobering, sad to think of that.
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:20 pm

During the early years I thought there was a chance that Sidney and Evgeni could eclipse Mario as #1.
Silly, silly, silly~ what was I thinking; Mon Dieu. Sid and Evgeni; first don’t get to participate in the PK part of the games. Mario picked up 71 points short-handed. Mario is the once in my lifetime talent; nothing against 87 & 71. Mario, for so many years knew he was the one who had to score that goal… that winning goal. The last truly clutch goal from Sid and Evgeni was too many years ago.

I know regular season best and all that aside; Sid and Evgeni can do so much more on a rink. Somebody needs to demand more from them.

Next saturday there will an open practice and scrimmage at the consol.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins