A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Gaucho on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:15 pm

heh
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,541
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Jay Landsman's cookie jar

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:19 pm

The phone call between Hank and Marie was my favorite part of the episode. You knew he was done when he said "it might be a while before I come home."

I think Marie's going to off herself. The look on her face when she said that she was "doing better" was just...unsettling to me. If she goes, the Hank subplot is basically over and the last few episodes will focus solely on the Nazis/Lydia storyline. That was a great episode though.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,181
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby shmenguin on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:06 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:The phone call between Hank and Marie was my favorite part of the episode. You knew he was done when he said "it might be a while before I come home."

I think Marie's going to off herself. The look on her face when she said that she was "doing better" was just...unsettling to me. If she goes, the Hank subplot is basically over and the last few episodes will focus solely on the Nazis/Lydia storyline. That was a great episode though.


i agree that this is likely the end of the DEA's presence in the show. i'm really interested in marie's reaction. once hank goes missing for a few days, she'll have to assume that walt is responsible...which would lead to a nuclear blowup between her and skylar.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,225
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby MWB on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:21 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:No way does Hank die here. I bet the Nazis take him as an incentive to make sure Walt comes back to cook.


I think hank is dead and they take Jesse to make Walt cook. Remember, they know that Walt really likes Jesse. It was made a big deal to make it a quick death and that he as like family. With Hank out of the picture, Jesse is less of a threat to Walt.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,586
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby count2infinity on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:22 pm

I like the idea of Jesse being forced to cook for them. I could easily see that happening.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,258
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby MWB on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:51 pm

I just don't know that Jesse would do it. He's done. I think he'll be so distraught that Walt gets off that he won't care what happens to himself. The Nazis realize this so go for Walt instead, with Jesse as bait.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,586
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Lol nobody has been right about anything so far. I haven't seen a single prediction that's been right. Mine included.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,145
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby count2infinity on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:54 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:Lol nobody has been right about anything so far. I haven't seen a single prediction that's been right. Mine included.


I've been right. Remember? I said the way you think it'll turn out isn't the way it'll turn out.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,258
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby shmenguin on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:58 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:Lol nobody has been right about anything so far. I haven't seen a single prediction that's been right. Mine included.


shmenguin wrote:we're being made to believe that he called todd to have him and the nazis whack jesse. i don't think this is a misdirection. but todd and the nazis are probably already being traced to some extent by hank/gomez, so if this ends up in some giant two-way massacre with hank full of bullet holes, i wouldn't be surprised.


this was pretty darn close.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,225
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby MWB on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:00 pm

Some people have made specific predictions that aren't exactly right, but some people seem to have some of the general ideas. It is funny reading this thread compared to the Dexter thread though. That one has a lot of people being right about what happens.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,586
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Pitt87 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:16 pm

MWB wrote:I just don't know that Jesse would do it. He's done. I think he'll be so distraught that Walt gets off that he won't care what happens to himself. The Nazis realize this so go for Walt instead, with Jesse as bait.


Probably not to save himself from harm, but Nazi's know that Brock is Jesse's weak spot, and Walt showed them where to find him and Andrea.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,197
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:33 am
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby MWB on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:23 pm

True, that would make sense. They know Jesse cares about them and that Walt cares about Jesse.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,586
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby shmenguin on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:26 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
MWB wrote:I just don't know that Jesse would do it. He's done. I think he'll be so distraught that Walt gets off that he won't care what happens to himself. The Nazis realize this so go for Walt instead, with Jesse as bait.


Probably not to save himself from harm, but Nazi's know that Brock is Jesse's weak spot, and Walt showed them where to find him and Andrea.


that's a great point. i don't think the arc of him going to andrea's house ends with hank just saying "nice try". i imagine there's more coming there.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,225
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Dickie Dunn on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:40 pm

shmenguin wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
MWB wrote:I just don't know that Jesse would do it. He's done. I think he'll be so distraught that Walt gets off that he won't care what happens to himself. The Nazis realize this so go for Walt instead, with Jesse as bait.


Probably not to save himself from harm, but Nazi's know that Brock is Jesse's weak spot, and Walt showed them where to find him and Andrea.


that's a great point. i don't think the arc of him going to andrea's house ends with hank just saying "nice try". i imagine there's more coming there.


The actress is in the cast listing for "Granite State", which is the second to last episode.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,543
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:05 am

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Mr. Colby on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:44 pm

I believe Hank and Gomie are 100% dead - it would be a majorly bad black mark on the show if they get out of there alive and Gilligan has shown no propensity to have any unrealistic situations like that. Without question, the Hank/Marie conversation was the end of the DEA storyline.

However I still think there's some way Walt gets outed as Heisenberg - the reaction of his neighbor's in episode 9 coupled with Heisenberg is a dead giveaway (DEAD GIVEAWAY!) that he's bad - it wasn't a look of shock like whaaat i thought you were dead, but a look of fear like you're the most dangerous person alive.

I'm in total agreement that Skylar, Flynn, and the baby are dunzo. The family theme has been hammered home in this show, and Walt has always put family #1. He never even considered hurting Hank. I think it's a great way to hammer the show's point home by killing Walt's entire family and destroying the entire point of his efforts.

Gilligan definitely opened the door to Jack using Jesse as leverage against Walt - there were 2 or 3 times where Walt stressed making Jesse's death quick and painless.

The wildcard in all of this is Marie. Will she hurt Walt's family when she finds out Hank is dead? Probably not the kids, but I can easily see her going after her sister.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,321
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:33 pm
Location: Born and Raised in Kent Manderville

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Mr. Colby on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:48 pm

One thing to consider - a significant amount of time (maybe 1-2 months) passes between where the show currently is as of now and when Walt comes home and goes to the diner/gets the M60 and ricin. Enough time to grow a full head of hair.

Seems to me like everybody he cares about is dead and the gun is for Jack's crew and the pill for himself.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,321
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:33 pm
Location: Born and Raised in Kent Manderville

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Gaucho on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:01 pm

I do think that Hank and Gomez are dead, but at the same time I can't help but wonder why the shootout was such an epic affair. It should've been over in about five seconds, and yet it wasn't. I dunno, it would be a little cliché to have that telephone conversation between Hank and Marie and then him being shot. The show is way too clever and unpredictable for that.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,541
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Jay Landsman's cookie jar

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby JoseCuervo on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:02 pm

I really doubt the ricin is for Walt himself. Ricin takes a few days to kill you, and this guy tried to shoot himself in the first episode. I think he'd ricin himself only if he plans on having his death look like it was a result of the cancer.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,809
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby shmenguin on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Mr. Colby wrote:One thing to consider - a significant amount of time (maybe 1-2 months) passes between where the show currently is as of now and when Walt comes home and goes to the diner/gets the M60 and ricin. Enough time to grow a full head of hair.

Seems to me like everybody he cares about is dead and the gun is for Jack's crew and the pill for himself.


I think there's actually almost a year between now and the flash forward. It's exactly a year from when hank found the book on the crapper anyways, and I don't think much time has passed this season.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,225
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Daniel87 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:19 pm

shmenguin wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:One thing to consider - a significant amount of time (maybe 1-2 months) passes between where the show currently is as of now and when Walt comes home and goes to the diner/gets the M60 and ricin. Enough time to grow a full head of hair.

Seems to me like everybody he cares about is dead and the gun is for Jack's crew and the pill for himself.


I think there's actually almost a year between now and the flash forward. It's exactly a year from when hank found the book on the crapper anyways, and I don't think much time has passed this season.

Actually Walt's 51st birthday was in the fourth episode of season 5. They had that 3 month long montage of him cooking with Todd. I'd say there is only a few months until the machine gun comes into play.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,077
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:06 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Staggy on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:27 pm

shmenguin wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:One thing to consider - a significant amount of time (maybe 1-2 months) passes between where the show currently is as of now and when Walt comes home and goes to the diner/gets the M60 and ricin. Enough time to grow a full head of hair.

Seems to me like everybody he cares about is dead and the gun is for Jack's crew and the pill for himself.


I think there's actually almost a year between now and the flash forward. It's exactly a year from when hank found the book on the crapper anyways, and I don't think much time has passed this season.


Hank found that book about 9 months before Walt's 52nd birthday. Walt Jr. and Holly got sent away when Skyler jumped in the pool on Walt's 51st birthday. In the midseason finale, Marie says that the kids had been with them for 3 months. Like you said, not much time has passed this season so there's still probably about 8 months until Walt returns to Albuquerque.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,790
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby shmenguin on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Ah crap. I thought that was his birthday when he found the book. Guess I need to watch the whole series again.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,225
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby dman66 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:32 pm

So crazy last night....

One thing I know is that Gomez is dead/going to be killed. It seems logical that Hank would be done as well, but man, who knows how this winds up turning out?

One thing is for sure, next week is going to be incredible.
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,783
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:04 pm
Location: Dahntahn Baltimore, MD

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:36 pm

The over the top "trash talking" from jesse to walt on that phone call makes me want jesse to suffer a slow death.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,993
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:02 pm

The shootout was...weird. Why would they be shooting through the car when they are trying to rescue Walt who was alive in there?
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,181
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JS© and 5 guests

e-mail