A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: A little late, but... Breaking Bad???

Postby Dickie Dunn on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:08 am

Kraftster wrote:Hmm... so the complete series DVD set will include a 3 minute alternate ending. I am not sure how I feel about that.

If I had to wager a guess, I think its a joke ending. Jane Kaczmarek was seen on set toward the end of filming. I think Hal is going to wake up from a long dream, ala Newhart.
Dickie Dunn
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:19 am

they may have filmed two endings, just so no one on the crew officially knew which one was real. so the alternate ending was never in play - it's just a non sequitur.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby slappybrown on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:25 am

count2infinity wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
count2infinity wrote:I also think Walt is way too proud to kill himself.

I don't know, the show started with him attempting suicide in the desert. I could see him doing it if it denied someone else the pleasure of killing him.

That was the old Walt. The weak Walt. I consider Walt in early episodes and Walt in late episodes to be completely different characters.

Agreed that his character is much different; that's why I included the "why" in terms of the motive this time around. The old Walt was going to do it out fear and helplessness and to avoid being arrested. The new Walt would do it as part of (1) an effort to "win" whatever war he was fighting at the time (essentially, the same reasoning of pride that you gave for him not killing himself) and/or (2) as a strategic tactic if his death would somehow help his family.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MWB on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:20 am

slappybrown wrote:

I don't know, the show started with him attempting suicide in the desert. I could see him doing it if it denied someone else the pleasure of killing him.

Why use something that takes so long and could possibly allow his killer a chance to do it first?
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:23 am

DontToewsMeBro wrote:Ricin is not like Cyanide. Its usefulness relies in its untraceability, as it takes days to actually die from. I think Walt has something else in mind.

great point. i have no confidence in any theories i might have about the ricin now.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby slappybrown on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:28 am

MWB wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

Why use something that takes so long and could possibly allow his killer a chance to do it first?

I wasn't even thinking about ricin in particular.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:23 pm

Well, logically, we know that Walt gets the ricin from his house in, what, the last episode of the season? So whomever he intends to give the ricin to likely won't die during the series. Also, I'm assuming that Gilligan has had the ending in mind very early on in the series when the ricin was introduced--to me that means he's saving it for one of the main characters i.e., Jesse/Skyler/Marie/himself.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pressure=9Pa on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Gaucho wrote:I wonder if there is more to Todd's crush on Lydia. It's as if she's being presented as Todd's weakness and maybe this will be his (and the Nazis) eventual downfall (because he's unable to get rid of her?)?

I forget the names used b/c I was never a Star Trek fan, but didn't Badger's story involve a female distracting a team member and causing another's demise? I think Lydia & Todd is at least what we are supposed to be thinking.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby slappybrown on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:32 pm

pressure=9Pa wrote:
Gaucho wrote:I wonder if there is more to Todd's crush on Lydia. It's as if she's being presented as Todd's weakness and maybe this will be his (and the Nazis) eventual downfall (because he's unable to get rid of her?)?

I forget the names used b/c I was never a Star Trek fan, but didn't Badger's story involve a female distracting a team member and causing another's demise? I think Lydia & Todd is at least what we are supposed to be thinking.

The Lydia and Todd thing was his ham-handed way of trying to get the identity of Lydia's European connect so that they could cut her out/kill her. I don't think there is more there.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JoseCuervo on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:35 pm

slappybrown wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

That was the old Walt. The weak Walt. I consider Walt in early episodes and Walt in late episodes to be completely different characters.

Agreed that his character is much different; that's why I included the "why" in terms of the motive this time around. The old Walt was going to do it out fear and helplessness and to avoid being arrested. The new Walt would do it as part of (1) an effort to "win" whatever war he was fighting at the time (essentially, the same reasoning of pride that you gave for him not killing himself) and/or (2) as a strategic tactic if his death would somehow help his family.

As I stated earlier, the ricin would make sense for walt if he wants his death to appear as a result of the cancer. But that's about it.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby count2infinity on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:40 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:Well, logically, we know that Walt gets the ricin from his house in, what, the last episode of the season? So whomever he intends to give the ricin to likely won't die during the series. Also, I'm assuming that Gilligan has had the ending in mind very early on in the series when the ricin was introduced--to me that means he's saving it for one of the main characters i.e., Jesse/Skyler/Marie/himself.

It's like Jack Sparrow and his gun with only one shot in it.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:29 pm

I just had a crazy thought....

What if Walt comes back with the M60 because Uncle Jack and company steal his money? They have the shootout in the dessert, in the middle of nowhere, ironically in the same spot that Walt buried his money. Assuming they kill Hank and Gomie, it would be pretty convenient to bury them right there, and while doing so, they find Walt's money. Walt is broken and beaten down at this point, and there isn't much he'd be able to do to stop them. But he could come back with an M60 to get it back?
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:33 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:Well, logically, we know that Walt gets the ricin from his house in, what, the last episode of the season? So whomever he intends to give the ricin to likely won't die during the series. Also, I'm assuming that Gilligan has had the ending in mind very early on in the series when the ricin was introduced--to me that means he's saving it for one of the main characters i.e., Jesse/Skyler/Marie/himself.

The plane crash flash forward episodes were not the last in a season (i dont believ) so in theory he could run this Sunday, come back next week and then set up the final epsiode for whatever.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitt87 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:23 am

Still think its Jesse... I think he'd rather 'take him out back' himself than see him suffer any longer...

Does that mean that he'll make up a story about Hank running off to Belize? :fist:
Pitt87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:55 am

DontToewsMeBro wrote:Well, logically, we know that Walt gets the ricin from his house in, what, the last episode of the season? So whomever he intends to give the ricin to likely won't die during the series.

Who says that the last episode cannot span a few days? To say whoever he intends to give the ricin to will not likely die in the series doesn't make sense. Gilligan said that the ending wont be ambiguous one bit, so whoever gets the ricin, we will most likely see their death.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitt87 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:01 am

pressure=9Pa wrote:

HA! I didn't even think of that! Awesome...

I thought of his crush more along the lines that he still maintained a certain innocence despite murdering that kid and running with some amoral thugs. Its like he doesn't understand that what he's doing is wrong...
Pitt87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby count2infinity on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:40 am

Holy crap... Sunday's episode got leaked:

count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Staggy on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:41 am

I'm not looking at the video so is that serious or just a joke?
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby count2infinity on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:45 am

The last minute of the episode is probably the best piece of BB i've ever seen.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:48 am

Wow that was incredible....
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kraftster on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:53 am

lol
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Pretty wild, but for some reason somewhat unsatisfying.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:04 pm

I guess EVERYONE'S predictions were wayyyy off course for this one. Creative writers for sure.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby RPKJr429 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:05 pm

Debated clicking on it for 5 whole minutes. Was not disappointed with what I saw.
RPKJr429
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:08 pm

I can't wait to get to the end of this.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR