Practice Groups

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Practice Groups

Postby Beveridge on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:53 am

Haven't seen anyone bring this up, but the practice groups make sense for the most part across the board except for one thing.

If Letang and Scuds are going to be partners (most talk has seemed to indicate this), why aren't they in the same group to make sure they are playing in the same preseason games together and practices?

I know it's not that BIG of a deal, but just strikes me as odd. Netwolf or anyone attending camp last week get any kind of feel for an answer to this?
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Practice Groups

Postby It'sagreatdayforhockey! on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:54 am

It also seemed like Adams was out of place mixed with the 1 and 3 lines. Could just be a numbers/experience thing though.
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:54 am

They cut down to 2 groups after my four days there, so I don't have any kind of explanation. I did notice that though and also through it was odd. Maybe they just really want to see how he works with Maatta. Orpik-Martin and Despres-Engelland are the other D in that group, and they've been consistenly paired together since camp opened.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:00 pm

Beveridge wrote:Haven't seen anyone bring this up, but the practice groups make sense for the most part across the board except for one thing.

If Letang and Scuds are going to be partners (most talk has seemed to indicate this), why aren't they in the same group to make sure they are playing in the same preseason games together and practices?

I know it's not that BIG of a deal, but just strikes me as odd. Netwolf or anyone attending camp last week get any kind of feel for an answer to this?

You got coach excuse maker running the show so it's not surprising
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:01 pm

I could be wrong, but I'd assume Scuds is fairly easy to play with. He's not going to handle the puck and Letang is not going to let him anyway.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:10 pm

Could be a "learn from the veteran" type deal for the younger guys.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Beveridge on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Looks like Beau will be playing with Sid and Kunitz tomorrow night based on the lineup.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins