GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby offsides on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:50 pm

MRandall25 wrote:No one ever accused the Wings announcers of being impartial :lol:

Also of note, Orpik hasn't played since there was :42 left in the 2nd


Hope he is OK. Didn't look like anything serious.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,440
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby offsides on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Are the Pens going to some kind of team building thing this weekend?
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,440
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby Gaucho on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:53 pm

West Point, I believe.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,065
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby columbia on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:55 pm

I can't wait for Dejan's disapproving article on that.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,484
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby penny lane on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:55 pm

Pens stars played stinky Monday; good to see them taking this game more serious.
I hope Brooks didn't tweak something or another.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,519
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Ready

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby luv66 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:56 pm

offsides wrote:Just a sick PP. The talent, just unreal.



Yes, it is nice to see the PP look like it can/should. Granted their top PK wasn't out.


... yea Bort!
luv66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,036
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby offsides on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:57 pm

columbia wrote:I can't wait for Dejan's disapproving article on that.


Glad to say I don't read or listen to anything he writes or says.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,440
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Nice job, Pens!
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,826
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: We'll make great pets.

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby murphydump55 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:15 pm

Let's not go overboard here. The Wings dressed a minor league goalie and barely any regulars. That's the way the game should look when you're pretty much dressing your regular lineup.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,405
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby offsides on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:49 pm

murphydump55 wrote:Let's not go overboard here. The Wings dressed a minor league goalie and barely any regulars. That's the way the game should look when you're pretty much dressing your regular lineup.


Every party needs a pooper that's why we invited you, party-pooper. :D
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,440
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby Take the Body Shoot the Puck on Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:28 am

offsides wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:No one ever accused the Wings announcers of being impartial :lol:

Also of note, Orpik hasn't played since there was :42 left in the 2nd


Hope he is OK. Didn't look like anything serious.


Post game comments from Bylsma say it is nothing serious and sitting him was precautionary.
Take the Body Shoot the Puck
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 9:40 am
Location: Virginia

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby DelPen on Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:37 am

Take the Body Shoot the Puck wrote:
offsides wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:No one ever accused the Wings announcers of being impartial :lol:

Also of note, Orpik hasn't played since there was :42 left in the 2nd


Hope he is OK. Didn't look like anything serious.


Post game comments from Bylsma say it is nothing serious and sitting him was precautionary.

So he'll be out for 6-8 weeks?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,563
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby Beveridge on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:22 am

Engo took him out to make sure he had playing time.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,476
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby Gaucho on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:27 am

"He's a ... relatively ... young veteran," Dupuis said of Crosby. "He looks 30, but I think he's 20- ... 6? If you look at his number, he was born in '87. It gives it away."
Crosby, who famously wears his birth year as his uniform number, shot back, "It took [Dupuis] a while to get that. He's a late bloomer."
Dupuis shrugged.
"Some guys are late bloomers; some guys are silver spooners," he jabbed.


Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/spo ... z2fzt2uq31
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,065
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby no name on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:29 am

Can't take away to much from this game, yeah its nice to see the guys play well but with Detroits line up can't act like we really beat the Red Wings.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,986
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby Beveridge on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:57 am

Now that preseason is over, I think my vote for best looking player goes to Bort.

It's a shame we missed out on preseason last year for games and that every game was important because of a short season.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,476
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby largegarlic on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:06 am

Beveridge wrote:Now that preseason is over, I think my vote for best looking player goes to Bort.

It's a shame we missed out on preseason last year for games and that every game was important because of a short season.


I'll assume you're not referring to physical attractiveness and agree that he really seems to be much improved. I was pretty much ready to waive/demote him to ease the cap crunch and logjam on defense prior to training camp, but he's outplayed Engelland and probably Despres and looks like a solid, physical bottom-pairing guy.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,720
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:56 pm

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby npv708 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:31 am

Gaucho wrote:"He's a ... relatively ... young veteran," Dupuis said of Crosby. "He looks 30, but I think he's 20- ... 6? If you look at his number, he was born in '87. It gives it away."
Crosby, who famously wears his birth year as his uniform number, shot back, "It took [Dupuis] a while to get that. He's a late bloomer."
Dupuis shrugged.
"Some guys are late bloomers; some guys are silver spooners," he jabbed.


Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/spo ... z2fzt2uq31


He missed a great opportunity to say that Dupuis wore his birth year as well...
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,715
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby columbia on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:33 am

I guess that answers which clique those three are on, in the infamous locker room war.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,484
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby Beveridge on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:42 am

When does Letang choke slam flower and rip off his jersey revealing his Line 1 t-shirt underneath?
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,476
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby Take the Body Shoot the Puck on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:23 am

DelPen wrote:
Take the Body Shoot the Puck wrote:
offsides wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:No one ever accused the Wings announcers of being impartial :lol:

Also of note, Orpik hasn't played since there was :42 left in the 2nd


Hope he is OK. Didn't look like anything serious.


Post game comments from Bylsma say it is nothing serious and sitting him was precautionary.

So he'll be out for 6-8 weeks?


Only if he didn't hurt his neck meat, then it'll be 8-12 weeks.
Take the Body Shoot the Puck
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 9:40 am
Location: Virginia

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby pcm on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:34 am

largegarlic wrote:
Beveridge wrote:Now that preseason is over, I think my vote for best looking player goes to Bort.

It's a shame we missed out on preseason last year for games and that every game was important because of a short season.


I'll assume you're not referring to physical attractiveness and agree that he really seems to be much improved. I was pretty much ready to waive/demote him to ease the cap crunch and logjam on defense prior to training camp, but he's outplayed Engelland and probably Despres and looks like a solid, physical bottom-pairing guy.


Bort's been missing from this team since Hal Gill. Now we get both Scuderi-Bortuzzo...should be a big boost to the defense. I wonder if they'll end up paired together down the line.

It's disappointing that Despres is getting marginalized, but hopefully Shero opens up room for him soon.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,141
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:39 am
Location: mountains

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby Beveridge on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:37 am

pcm wrote:
largegarlic wrote:
Beveridge wrote:Now that preseason is over, I think my vote for best looking player goes to Bort.

It's a shame we missed out on preseason last year for games and that every game was important because of a short season.


I'll assume you're not referring to physical attractiveness and agree that he really seems to be much improved. I was pretty much ready to waive/demote him to ease the cap crunch and logjam on defense prior to training camp, but he's outplayed Engelland and probably Despres and looks like a solid, physical bottom-pairing guy.


Bort's been missing from this team since Hal Gill. Now we get both Scuderi-Bortuzzo...should be a big boost to the defense. I wonder if they'll end up paired together down the line.

It's disappointing that Despres is getting marginalized, but hopefully Shero opens up room for him soon.


At the worst, the team opens up 3 spots at the end of this season.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,476
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: GDT Pens at Wings Last pre-season

Postby sjnhiils on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:07 pm

columbia wrote:Sweet goal by Jussi

I know you don't like Niskanen and want him traded. I guess that is why you couldn't even mention his name and compliment him on a nice pass.
sjnhiils
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:32 pm

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lemieuxReturns and 17 guests

e-mail