Tonight's (10/8/13 - 7:00pm) Officials, Anthem, Milestones

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Tonight's (10/8/13 - 7:00pm) Officials, Anthem, Milestones

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:28 am

Carolina Hurricanes (1-0-1) vs Pittsburgh Penguins (2-0-0) - 7:00pm - TV: ROOT SPORTS

Tonight's Officials:
Referees: Francis Charron (6); Wes McCauley (4)
Linesmen: Scott Driscoll (68); Steve Barton (59)
Video Judge: DJ Johnson
Ntl. Anthem: Bill Deasey

Anthem Singer Standings:
Code: Select all
Singer          G   W   L OTL  Pts    Pct
David Toole     1   1   0   0    2  1.000
Jeff Jimerson   1   1   0   0    2  1.000


Milestones Watch:
D Matt Niskanen 1 assist to 100
F Evgeni Malkin 5 assists from tying Syl Apps for fifth place on the franchise’s all-time list with 349

Recent Milestones Achieved:
F Pascal Dupuis appeared in his 800th NHL game vs. Buffalo Oct. 5
G Marc-Andre Fleury notched his 250th career victory vs. New Jersey Oct. 3
F Craig Adams appeared in his 800th NHL game vs. New Jersey Oct. 3
F Pascal Dupuis collected his 200th NHL assist vs. New Jersey Oct. 3
D Olli Maatta made his NHL debut vs. New Jersey Oct. 3
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10,681
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Re: Tonight's (10/8/13 - 7:00pm) Officials, Anthem, Mileston

Postby DelPen on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:33 am

Pretty boring milestones coming up. Nisky could get his. Crosby is 33 points to 700?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 31,956
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Tonight's (10/8/13 - 7:00pm) Officials, Anthem, Mileston

Postby relantel on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:41 am

DelPen wrote:Pretty boring milestones coming up. Nisky could get his. Crosby is 33 points to 700?

Longer term, perhaps in the time it takes to get those 33 assists...:
Crosby is 20 goals from Kevin Stevens' 260 for 5th on team list, might be the only place he can pass this year short of a 74 goal season.
Also, 22 assists behind Ron Francis' 449 for 3rd on team list.

(GRasping at straws here... Crosby is 26 shots from tying Stevens for 6th on the list at 1631 - Malkin is 5th, but almost 500 shots back of 4th)
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,613
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: PM me your email addy for invite to LGP Extra Attacker league

Re: Tonight's (10/8/13 - 7:00pm) Officials, Anthem, Mileston

Postby knives of ice on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:30 pm

all time low in post cup era for ticket prices on stubhub, exchange, etc.

this fake sellout streak may end here soon.

crazy.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,522
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: good riddance Armstrong

Re: Tonight's (10/8/13 - 7:00pm) Officials, Anthem, Mileston

Postby Factorial on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:00 pm

knives of ice wrote:all time low in post cup era for ticket prices on stubhub, exchange, etc.

this fake sellout streak may end here soon.

crazy.



Why does the sellout streak bother you?
Factorial
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,072
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Enfants autour du monde, mis chameau merde sur les murs

Re: Tonight's (10/8/13 - 7:00pm) Officials, Anthem, Mileston

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:06 pm

that doesnt make it a fake sell out? if the tickets are on stub hub or the exchange, arent they already sold...?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,517
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Tonight's (10/8/13 - 7:00pm) Officials, Anthem, Mileston

Postby Admin on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:08 pm

Student Rush (now available for every game!) killed the legit sellout years ago.
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10,681
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Re: Tonight's (10/8/13 - 7:00pm) Officials, Anthem, Mileston

Postby relantel on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:10 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:that doesnt make it a fake sell out? if the tickets are on stub hub or the exchange, arent they already sold...?

tickets sold vs fans in the stands. Bottom line is the team cares about the former and not so much the latter. (except as it affects concession sales)

That calculation doesn't make it fake. Now, the sheets claim those numbers as attendance figures. But I sure bet it is the paid attendance and not the actual ticket scans.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,613
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: PM me your email addy for invite to LGP Extra Attacker league

Re: Tonight's (10/8/13 - 7:00pm) Officials, Anthem, Mileston

Postby knives of ice on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:20 pm

Factorial wrote:
knives of ice wrote:all time low in post cup era for ticket prices on stubhub, exchange, etc.

this fake sellout streak may end here soon.

crazy.



Why does the sellout streak bother you?


when did i say it bothered me?

i just don't consider it real when they get rid of hundreds of tickets to students or donate them and call it a sellout.

the sellout streak does somewhat give the impression to many fans i think that tickets are really hard to get to every game and they just aren't.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,522
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: good riddance Armstrong

Re: Tonight's (10/8/13 - 7:00pm) Officials, Anthem, Mileston

Postby Factorial on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:24 pm

knives of ice wrote:
Factorial wrote:
knives of ice wrote:all time low in post cup era for ticket prices on stubhub, exchange, etc.

this fake sellout streak may end here soon.

crazy.



Why does the sellout streak bother you?


when did i say it bothered me?

i just don't consider it real when they get rid of hundreds of tickets to students or donate them and call it a sellout.

the sellout streak does somewhat give the impression to many fans i think that tickets are really hard to get to every game and they just aren't.


Calling it "fake" sounds like it bothers you. A game is a sellout if no tickets are left.
Factorial
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,072
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Enfants autour du monde, mis chameau merde sur les murs

Re: Tonight's (10/8/13 - 7:00pm) Officials, Anthem, Mileston

Postby mac5155 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:27 pm

Tonight's game was available via Ticketmaster w/ a 30% off coupon code. Could explain the low prices on StubHub.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,155
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Tonight's (10/8/13 - 7:00pm) Officials, Anthem, Mileston

Postby knives of ice on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:30 pm

mac5155 wrote:Tonight's game was available via Ticketmaster w/ a 30% off coupon code. Could explain the low prices on StubHub.


we're talking $20 on stubhub for some uppers.

i can't sell mine for half of STH face...

my only point is the demand is way way way down right now. its crazy.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,522
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: good riddance Armstrong

Re: Tonight's (10/8/13 - 7:00pm) Officials, Anthem, Mileston

Postby mac5155 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:38 pm

well, that's indeed crazy.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,155
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cedar Penn, DropEmJayBird, Humperdink and 19 guests

e-mail