11/13/13 Flyers v. Penguins- Official Game Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 11/13/13 Flyers v. Penguins- Official Game Thread

Postby shmenguin on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:30 am

i don't feel bad for sid in the least. he's come up small too many times in too many big moments for me to think he's being "wasted".
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:32 am

He also endorsed keeping the head coach that we have now
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby RxBandit66 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:55 pm

shmenguin wrote:i don't feel bad for sid in the least. he's come up small too many times in too many big moments for me to think he's being "wasted".

He isn't being wasted because he has the top wingers on his line and is scoring at a decent pace overall this season. But years of his prime are being wasted on a lousy system and coach that ignore match-ups and strategy. All of these core players, including MAF, have won in the past. One Cup and another Finals appearance. Then the discipline went away. The system was replaced with perimeter garbage in which a not-so-fast team's whole approach is based on puck retrieval. Fast teams and physical teams simply force the Penguins wide and they take bad angle shots. They refuse to cycle the puck, ever. Over the past four playoffs, they've lost to inferior teams, and nearly lost to some very inferior teams.

If they want to keep the core intact and win in the post season, they need to change their head coach and systematic approach. The players will need to buy into whatever system the new coach puts in place, and they will need to come up big in pressure situations, all things that have not happened in that locker room in years. With that roster, mediocrity simply cannot be tolerated by management. When was the last time any player or coach was held accountable, on any level, for anything?
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby bhaw on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:59 pm

RxBandit66 wrote:When was the last time any player or coach was held accountable, on any level, for anything?

Megna was sent down today. That will show them DB is super serious.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:52 pm

bhaw wrote:
RxBandit66 wrote:When was the last time any player or coach was held accountable, on any level, for anything?

Megna was sent down today. That will show them DB is super serious.

He was sent down because he asked HCDB why he doesn't match lines at home. :pop:

Get to our game!!!!!!
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Steve on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:40 pm

RxBandit66 wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:This organization will never learn.

I can't believe they squandered two dynastic opportunities in two consecutive generations by making the same mistake: bringing in player-friendly coaches to cater to star players who didn't want to work hard.

I'm not sure what you mean about the current team - I'm not in the lockerroom etc of course - but everything I've heard about Sid, Malkin and Letang - is that they are extremely hard working players, on the ice, during the offseason etc.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins