Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 11/16/13

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 11/16/13

Postby M10 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:44 pm

BRENT SUTTER. DO IT SHIRO
M10
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Great58 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:45 pm

pens2005 wrote:
nocera wrote:
Shaky Walton wrote:I said MAF would blink first and guess what.........He did to J Jagr. And that was a shot that went right through him You did not see that at the other end of the ice. Timely saves win you games or keep you in games. MAF lacks those in his arsenal

Are we really blaming Fleury for an uncontested snipe job from one of the best scorers in the history of the game?

No just one person.

I think a foe was born.
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby M10 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:46 pm

DALLUS EEEEEEKINZZZZZZ
M10
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Lt. Dish on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:48 pm

offsides wrote:
GDR wrote:Bylsma's done. It looks just like Therrien. He should have never been retained, but it's time Ray acknowledged the error and canned him. The team will say the same platitudes about how they haven't quit on him, like they did with Therrien, but it's over.

I agree that Bylsma should go, but it ain't happening. For some reason, in Ray's eyes, he can do no wrong.

The HC of Team USA is not going to be fired by the associate GM of Team USA in the Olympic year. Shero will have a come-to-Jesus with him first, if he hasn't already.

The thing is, the players love him. If they're concerned about their play getting him fired (regardless of who's at fault for the poor play), then that's not going to help matters. They're going to grip their sticks into sawdust.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby The Current One on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Who the freak cares about the regular season? Pens played decent tonight, but Brodeur and Jagr were better. Wake me when the playoffs begin and the games actually mean something. Or, when Disco Dan gets canned like he should have after getting owned by the Bruins!
The Current One
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MarioLives on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Last night the pens were back, tonight they suck again.....
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby offsides on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:51 pm

The Current One wrote:Who the freak cares about the regular season? Pens played decent tonight, but Brodeur and Jagr were better. Wake me when the playoffs begin and the games actually mean something. Or, when Disco Dan gets canned like he should have after getting owned by the Bruins!

I care, and wouldn't mind doing it the way Chicago did it last year.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby GSdrums87 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:52 pm

The Current One wrote:Who the freak cares about the regular season? Pens played decent tonight, but Brodeur and Jagr were better. Wake me when the playoffs begin and the games actually mean something. Or, when Disco Dan gets canned like he should have after getting owned by the Bruins!

Thanks, see ya bud.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby M10 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:53 pm

MarioLives wrote:Last night the pens were back, tonight they suck again.....

Against the AHL Predators?
M10
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby BurghThing on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:55 pm

Well you can't play the Preds every night, so until we do...
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby booboo on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:55 pm

Maybe they fooled me, but the Pens looked like this game meant something to them.
They just were not clear how to win it.

If it keeps going this way, you will need to wake up only briefly, if at all.
booboo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bhaw on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:55 pm

The realistic view is that DB isn't going anywhere for a while b/c the team is still leading the division. I can't think of a time the coach of a division leading team was fired in any sport. I have felt DB should have been let go years ago, but now that he's still here, he's not going to be fired by a 1st place team.

I would be somewhat appeased now if the team would just recognize what they are doing wrong. I'm tired of this mentality that they have it all figured out and the only reason they lose is b/c a) they don't execute it or b) there is some mystical outside force preventing it. Just **** recognize that you don't have the entire NHL figured out and you might need to bend your arrogant ass to actually do something different. Don't want to match lines ever? Well guess what? It's biting you in the ass big time. Stop pretending that's not a reason and change your ways. Everyone else matches lines. Do it. Just one example but if they continue preaching that the only reason we could ever possibly lose is b/c the team doesn't execute the flawless game plan or that some magical force prevents them from winning, I will lose it. It's borderline lunacy to believe that ****.
Last edited by bhaw on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby M10 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:55 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
offsides wrote:
GDR wrote:Bylsma's done. It looks just like Therrien. He should have never been retained, but it's time Ray acknowledged the error and canned him. The team will say the same platitudes about how they haven't quit on him, like they did with Therrien, but it's over.

I agree that Bylsma should go, but it ain't happening. For some reason, in Ray's eyes, he can do no wrong.

The thing is, the players love him.

Which is part of the problem.

Same problem going on over on the north shore.
M10
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby wondermoose on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:02 pm

bhaw wrote:The realistic view is that DB isn't going anywhere for a while b/c the team is still leading the division. I can't think of a time the coach of a division leading team was fired in any sport. I have felt DB should have been let go years ago, but now that he's still here, he's not going to be fired by a 1st place team.

I would be somewhat appeased now if the team would just recognize what they are doing wrong. I'm tired of this mentality that they have it all figured out and the only reason they lose is b/c a) they don't execute it or b) there is some mystical outside force preventing it. Just **** recognize that you don't have the entire NHL figured out and you might need to bend your arrogant ass to actually do something different. Don't want to match lines ever? Well guess what? It's biting you in the ass big time. Stop pretending that's not a reason and change your ways. Everyone else matches lines. Do it. Just one example but if they continue preaching that the only reason we could ever possibly lose is b/c the team doesn't execute the flawless game plan or that some magical force prevents them from winning, I will lose it. It's borderline lunacy to believe that ****.

The Sharks followed that same logic with Ron Wilson and wasted years of potential on a lost cause of a coach. I'm terrified the Pens will become the same cautionary tale of the East.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:03 pm

M10 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
offsides wrote:

The thing is, the players love him.

Which is part of the problem.

I expected someone to say that, and, M10, I'm not criticizing you (no reason for that). I'm just surmising that the players may be nervous that they could get DB fired, so they end up playing at a level that could get him fired. Like many, I'm just kicking crap around.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby MarioLives on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:04 pm

I love the Pens, but they are no threat to win anything come
Playoffs
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bhaw on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:04 pm

wondermoose wrote:
bhaw wrote:The realistic view is that DB isn't going anywhere for a while b/c the team is still leading the division. I can't think of a time the coach of a division leading team was fired in any sport. I have felt DB should have been let go years ago, but now that he's still here, he's not going to be fired by a 1st place team.

The Sharks followed that same logic with Ron Wilson and wasted years of potential on a lost cause of a coach. I'm terrified the Pens will become the same cautionary tale of the East.

I'm not saying it's right. But I'm being realistic. I honestly can't think of a single coach who has been fired as a division leader. It was a huge deal when the Devils fired their coach going into the playoffs. RS has more reasons to keep DB than fire him in terms of business.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BurghThing on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:05 pm

Fortunately Monday is free hat night, so I'll go to that one, after that with the way this team is performing, its time to sell off some tickets. No sense wasting my time.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby lemieuxReturns on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:11 pm

BurghThing wrote:Fortunately Monday is free hat night, so I'll go to that one, after that with the way this team is performing, its time to sell off some tickets. No sense wasting my time.

Booo :thumbdown:
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pensfan1989 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:13 pm

pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:13 pm

BurghThing wrote:Fortunately Monday is free hat night, so I'll go to that one, after that with the way this team is performing, its time to sell off some tickets. No sense wasting my time.

Go to see Teemu Selanne's curtain call. That's the one reason I'm looking forward to Monday's game.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby murphydump55 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:15 pm

Pretty sure the Devils fired their coach while leading, not too long ago.

Am I right?
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:18 pm

murphydump55 wrote:

Am I right?

Yep. 5 games left in the season and the Devils were going to the playoffs.

But we're talking about Lou Lamerillo.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby wondermoose on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:23 pm

llipgh2 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

Am I right?

Who hasn't had any success in the last 20 years.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby booboo on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:42 pm

wondermoose wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

Am I right?

Who hasn't had any success in the last 20 years.

But he has just started firing coaches like that :)
booboo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins