Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 11/16/13

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 11/16/13

Postby Steve on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:05 am

Andy Greene has 22 or so career NHL goals - it feels like 15 of them have been against the Pens. Maybe it's just me, it seems like he scores every time we play the Devils.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby GenoMachino71 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:19 am

pens2005 wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:
pens2005 wrote:@MarkMaddenX: Geno Nation has issued a news release: LETANG STINKS WORSE! SID'S NOT SCORING, EITHER. DON'T LOOK OVER HERE, LOOK OVER THERE!

lol

Well I can say for certain geno is not the problem right now... He may not be scoring, but he is doing everything else to try and win a game.

You're being an apologist as well.

He's a superstar who is sucking right. He is TOTALLY part of the problem.

he's PART OF but not THE problem

there is alot of blame to go around right now.... and surely Malkin deserves his share
GenoMachino71
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby farnham16 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:29 am

wondermoose wrote:
bhaw wrote:The realistic view is that DB isn't going anywhere for a while b/c the team is still leading the division. I can't think of a time the coach of a division leading team was fired in any sport. I have felt DB should have been let go years ago, but now that he's still here, he's not going to be fired by a 1st place team.

I would be somewhat appeased now if the team would just recognize what they are doing wrong. I'm tired of this mentality that they have it all figured out and the only reason they lose is b/c a) they don't execute it or b) there is some mystical outside force preventing it. Just **** recognize that you don't have the entire NHL figured out and you might need to bend your arrogant ass to actually do something different. Don't want to match lines ever? Well guess what? It's biting you in the ass big time. Stop pretending that's not a reason and change your ways. Everyone else matches lines. Do it. Just one example but if they continue preaching that the only reason we could ever possibly lose is b/c the team doesn't execute the flawless game plan or that some magical force prevents them from winning, I will lose it. It's borderline lunacy to believe that ****.

The Sharks followed that same logic with Ron Wilson and wasted years of potential on a lost cause of a coach. I'm terrified the Pens will become the same cautionary tale of the East.

They have already become that I'm afraid.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the riddler on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:39 am

I don't understand the decision to not start Zatkoff in one of the last two games. If they're not comfortable with him then they need to get someone else. Starting him against one of the best teams in the league(Anaheim) would be a mistake. Not saying that's the reason why they lost tonight.
the riddler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby farnham16 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:45 am

the riddler wrote:I don't understand the decision to not start Zatkoff in one of the last two games. If they're not comfortable with him then they need to get someone else. Starting him against one of the best teams in the league(Anaheim) would be a mistake. Not saying that's the reason why they lost tonight.

Very light schedule of late. Team struggling. MAF had a very easy night against Nashville.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby topshelf66 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:56 am

Country Club Hockey no accountability.

Why do we still need to bring in veteran leadership come playoffs? Does Boston, does Chicago?

Why do we have to force one of the best 5 players in the league to play out of position on the PP? Are we really afraid of hurt feeling by putting one of them on a second unit?

Why instead of changing coaches or forcing a change in attitude do we now have two head coaches behind the bench.

We dance around our problems, no stress, no change, no pressure, no accountability.
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Staggy on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:01 am

I really don't like being that guy but I would not be upset if DB was fired if this continues for a couple more weeks. They are getting close to looking how they did prior to Therrien getting fired.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pens4Life on Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:14 am

New Jersey 1:4
Philly 1:2
St.Louis 1:2
NYR 1:5

last 4 losses,are you kiddin me?!? We need to change something.. two wins in 6 games,vs Nashville and Columbus who are average teams..
Its early in the season,but THIS TEAM WILL BE OUT in 2nd round of playoffs or EARLIER!? Blysma must go,but its very doubtful it will happen before Olympics.. Letang should be traded! Also maybe MAF and Geno has to pick up,he sucks for a year now.. I hope he will play really good for Russia and then for Pens after that.. This team needs some kind of shocker,to wake them up,they are too comfortable right now..
No fire under asses :evil:
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby RxBandit66 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:19 am

This team is currently in need of both a coaching change and a major shakeup via trade. Shero needs to decide which one should happen first, because he'd be ill advised to wait too far into the season to make these changes. Bylsma needs to go, so does either Letang or Malkin. That would effectively change the face of this team, but not the franchise. At this point, that's exactly what is needed.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pens4Life on Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:55 am

RxBandit66 wrote:This team is currently in need of both a coaching change and a major shakeup via trade. Shero needs to decide which one should happen first, because he'd be ill advised to wait too far into the season to make these changes. Bylsma needs to go, so does either Letang or Malkin. That would effectively change the face of this team, but not the franchise. At this point, that's exactly what is needed.

my point exactly :thumb:
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Crankshaft on Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:55 am

RxBandit66 wrote:This team is currently in need of both a coaching change and a major shakeup via trade. Shero needs to decide which one should happen first, because he'd be ill advised to wait too far into the season to make these changes. Bylsma needs to go, so does either Letang or Malkin. That would effectively change the face of this team, but not the franchise. At this point, that's exactly what is needed.

Yea...neither of them are going to get traded.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens_CT on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:36 am

Crankshaft wrote:

Yea...neither of them are going to get traded.

I could see Letang being traded based on the depth of defensemen in the organization however Malkin on the other hand is going nowhere. Based on his performance the last two years, plus his contract what is Malkin worth on the trade market? Probably a lot less than most people here expect.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Shaky Walton on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:59 am

farnham16 wrote:
the riddler wrote:I don't understand the decision to not start Zatkoff in one of the last two games. If they're not comfortable with him then they need to get someone else. Starting him against one of the best teams in the league(Anaheim) would be a mistake. Not saying that's the reason why they lost tonight.

Very light schedule of late. Team struggling. MAF had a very easy night against Nashville.

He most certainly did. Playing against the JV team with a 4th string goalie will make anyone look good!!!!!!!!!!
Shaky Walton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Shaky Walton on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:01 am

Pens4Life wrote:New Jersey 1:4
Philly 1:2
St.Louis 1:2
NYR 1:5

last 4 losses,are you kiddin me?!? We need to change something.. two wins in 6 games,vs Nashville and Columbus who are average teams..
Its early in the season,but THIS TEAM WILL BE OUT in 2nd round of playoffs or EARLIER!? Blysma must go,but its very doubtful it will happen before Olympics.. Letang should be traded! Also maybe MAF and Geno has to pick up,he sucks for a year now.. I hope he will play really good for Russia and then for Pens after that.. This team needs some kind of shocker,to wake them up,they are too comfortable right now..
No fire under asses :evil:

Melt the ice and let they drown
Shaky Walton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Shaky Walton on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:04 am

GSdrums87 wrote:
Shaky Walton wrote:I said MAF would blink first and guess what.........He did to J Jagr. And that was a shot that went right through him You did not see that at the other end of the ice. Timely saves win you games or keep you in games. MAF lacks those in his arsenal

Yeah, Fleury made no saves to keep them in the game tonight. You can't blame the **** goalie when your team is scoring one goal a game.

It is the goalie's JOB to make saves if the team is struggling. Those goals tonite sucked. How can you be so blind. Start thinking with your head, not your heart.
Shaky Walton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Shaky Walton on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:40 am

Rangers won tonite in Montreal 1-0. They only scored one goal and won. Time for everyone to wake up This team is not very good. They now worry too much about protecting MAF and forgot how to attach and score. Welcome to the Jack Martin era.
Shaky Walton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Shaky Walton on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:42 am

GSdrums87 wrote:
Shaky Walton wrote:Who will blink first in the third period MAF or Brodeur I say MAF will crack first. Adam Larrson first goal in 97 games MAF cured him. The Devils have no offense How do they score any goals any game let alone two.

At least your streak of useless **** continues.

You can't handle the truth about this team
Shaky Walton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pitts on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:57 am

Steve wrote:Andy Greene has 22 or so career NHL goals - it feels like 15 of them have been against the Pens. Maybe it's just me, it seems like he scores every time we play the Devils.

I'm pretty sure I heard on the radio broadcast last night that 9 of his goals came against the Pens. If true, that's crazy.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:58 am

Shaky Walton wrote:
GSdrums87 wrote:
Shaky Walton wrote:Who will blink first in the third period MAF or Brodeur I say MAF will crack first. Adam Larrson first goal in 97 games MAF cured him. The Devils have no offense How do they score any goals any game let alone two.

The truth about this team is that they can't score and do not want to put the necessary work in to get goals. Your axe grinding against Fleury, currently having a career year, is senseless.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tfrizz on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:47 am

Pitts wrote:
Shaky Walton wrote:
GSdrums87 wrote:

The truth about this team is that they can't score and do not want to put the necessary work in to get goals. Your axe grinding against Fleury, currently having a career year, is senseless.

:thumb:

The Pens have a lot of issues right now but, for once, goaltending isn't one of them.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins