Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:11 pm

That game looks so awesome. Or at least the in-game cinematics do. :pop:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JiriSlegr on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:40 pm

Ryse looks underwhelming. Beautiful, but eye candy for the early system.

Does anyone on here have early thoughts of the PS4? I'm definitely leaning that way right now.
JiriSlegr

Postby Loaf31 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:33 pm

JiriSlegr wrote:Ryse looks underwhelming. Beautiful, but eye candy for the early system.

Does anyone on here have early thoughts of the PS4? I'm definitely leaning that way right now.

All the reviews that I have read is that Ryse is just a Great looking game. Nothing else, the fighting gets monotone and the talking to your soldiers gets old. It is a shame too beause that game looked sick.

As for the PS4, I love it. I know that there arent many games out right now that are mind blowing. The Order looks amazing.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rylan on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:43 pm

I wish there would be a high quality Gladiator game that would play like the Spartacus show or Gladiator movie. Maybe a combination. It'd be a great RPG and while it could be monotonous, if the story is properly scripted it could definitely be extremely interesting. Especially the way they are developing stories in games now a days.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JiriSlegr on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Rylan wrote:I wish there would be a high quality Gladiator game that would play like the Spartacus show or Gladiator movie. Maybe a combination. It'd be a great RPG and while it could be monotonous, if the story is properly scripted it could definitely be extremely interesting. Especially the way they are developing stories in games now a days.

They could take a nod or two from the new Tomb Raider. Great combat, good story--really sells the growth of the character. The question would be whether to have a single game world or different stages and missions. Both would work I guess, but missions feel very FPS.

Maybe something like Mass Effect. Missions with the feeling of continuous motion forward.
JiriSlegr

Postby newarenanow on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:37 am

Finished the Sky dungeon on Zelda. Did a few extra things and I think I'm off to the Cave of Ordeals to try to beat that. After that, I think the only thing left is the Twighlight world and the Hyrule Castle. Up to 44 hrs put into this game. That is the most I ever did for a game. Probably will end up around 50 or so.

I was going to do Skyward Sword next, but I think I'll step back and do Fourswords Adventures since it is shorter and will be a little switch up. After that I'll do Skyward Sword.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensHckyFan79 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:50 am

So just some ramblings about next gen. I have always leaned towards the PS side of gaming consoles even though I bought a 360 before I had a ps3 (but once I had a ps3 I never used my 360 and actually just sold it a few months ago). So anyways I wont be getting a new console for probably at least a year and naturally I feel like leaning towards the ps4, but I have watched some of the xb1 videos and I have to say I'm impressed. The ability to switch between apps and to snap things into a game is pretty cool. Maybe they are more gimmicky/novelty type things that would end up being annoying or only used a few times but its still pretty impressive what it can do. Given how I play games now which is very limited with a new addition to the family coming and my already limited gaming time I am more about games then anything else which I think still brings me back to the ps4. I think the big thing for me will be the exclusives that each system have in the next year or so that will be the deciding factor.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eddysnake on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:07 am

newarenanow wrote:Finished the Sky dungeon on Zelda. Did a few extra things and I think I'm off to the Cave of Ordeals to try to beat that. After that, I think the only thing left is the Twighlight world and the Hyrule Castle. Up to 44 hrs put into this game. That is the most I ever did for a game. Probably will end up around 50 or so.

What are your thoughts on Twilight?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:21 am

eddysnake wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Finished the Sky dungeon on Zelda. Did a few extra things and I think I'm off to the Cave of Ordeals to try to beat that. After that, I think the only thing left is the Twighlight world and the Hyrule Castle. Up to 44 hrs put into this game. That is the most I ever did for a game. Probably will end up around 50 or so.

I've actually enjoyed it. Not the greatest Zelda, but not the worst either (although I've enjoyed them all). Having to transform into the wolf added a unique aspect to it, and the side missions (finding all the poes, heart containers, golden bugs, etc) add to the game, but it isn't overly difficult. In Windwaker, taking pictures and getting all of the statues carved was a hassle IMO, especially because you could only carry 3 pictures at a time and you needed a whole day phase go past to get one statue carved. I know you could play the windwaker to make the days go, but that sucked.

twc has said Skyward Sword is better than Twighlight Princess, and if that is the case, I'm really looking forward to playing that, because I've enjoyed Twighlight Princess.

But like I said, I'm going to knock Fourswords off the list first. I'm hoping that is only a 15-20 hour Zelda game.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:31 am

Picked up Assassin's Creed for Xb1 last night, now just waiting for launch day to get the system and Ryse.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: "Whatcha you be smokin' cuz? you guys aren't nothing but hoopty"

Postby eddysnake on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:54 am

what are these carved statues in wind waker you speak of?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:18 pm

eddysnake wrote:what are these carved statues in wind waker you speak of?

You have to go around and take pictures of almost every character/enemy in the game and take it to the figurine carver on one of the islands (I forget which one). There are like 100 of them. And the picture has to be a good one for him to accept it. You have to get it on every boss as well and hope like hell you took a good picture.

Here is a link.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_Gallery

I got everyone of them but Tingle, and that is because I don't have a Gameboy Advance.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:22 pm

I'm not doing that.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Twilight Princess isn't bad per se, but I found myself bored when I tried to replay it. By comparison, I immediately played through Skyward Sword a second time upon completing it.

It's easily my favorite game since Ocarina.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:41 pm

eddysnake wrote:

its his favorite movie series
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:03 pm

newarenanow wrote:

You have to go around and take pictures of almost every character/enemy in the game and take it to the figurine carver on one of the islands (I forget which one). There are like 100 of them. And the picture has to be a good one for him to accept it. You have to get it on every boss as well and hope like hell you took a good picture.

Here is a link.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_Gallery

I got everyone of them but Tingle, and that is because I don't have a Gameboy Advance.

youre a maniac
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:15 pm

newarenanow wrote:

What in the **** are you doing NAN
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Lol
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:57 pm

The new Zelda 3DS and Mario WiiU games that are both coming out on Friday are both supposed to be very good and are going to get very high review scores.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:14 am

Was afraid Ryse was going to be style over substance...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/21/ ... e=facebook

6 hour campaign? Inexcusable.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:54 am

I'm def still getting it, I don't agree with more of IGN's reviews anyways.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: "Whatcha you be smokin' cuz? you guys aren't nothing but hoopty"

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:03 pm

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/ryse-son-of-rome

Woof

Looks like a "wait until it drops down to $15 for a used copy" to me
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:11 pm

sounds like AC1
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:14 pm

I still haven't decided on keeping my XB1 or not and the Ryse review didn't help. It seems the only original game worth a look is Dead Rising and I really hated the first one. I would love to get it but the three games I would buy are all available on my 360 so right now it hardly seems worth it.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eddysnake on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:15 pm

ajh2298 wrote:The new Zelda 3DS and Mario WiiU games that are both coming out on Friday are both supposed to be very good and are going to get very high review scores.

Mario is up for game of the year (not sure what exactly that means) I have 5 days off next week and I plan on getting pretty serious with it
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NHR