OFFICIAL GDT -- PENGUINS @ LIGHTNING 11/29

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT -- PENGUINS @ LIGHTNING 11/29

Postby RxBandit66 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:18 am

Gaucho wrote:My guess is Puck Drama.

Yes, I was wondering where Puck Drama was. Are these guys fans from other teams, with absolutely no life who have the time to go on a message board and post negative comments? Flyer fans I'd presume, as they have nothing to write about on their own team's message board...either way, Shaky Walton seems to be increasing the intensity of his personal attacks against some of the most intelligent posters on here, and if he keeps that up, he will lose his posting privileges. It seems to make him even angrier when mikey throws hard facts and stats right at him, and he can't refute them, so he resorts to name calling. I think at one point, he called him "Mr. High and Mighty" (without the appropriate punctuation of course).

And to all the other posters who are 100% negative at all times, do you realize that the NHL has a SALARY CAP and that every %$#@*& team has holes? True, I've been relentlessly critical of Bylsma the past few seasons, but criticizing coaches and strategy is fine to do IMO because that stuff is open for debate on message boards. A lot of posters on here have played and/or coached at least a little, as I have. Others have watched the team faithfully for decades. Here's an honest review of what I saw in the game earlier today, as I watched every second of it:

*Fleury made the stops he needed to make and put up the doughnut, which is always a confidence builder.
*Kunitz played physical and was opportunistic once again, pouncing on loose pucks and winning battles.
*Tampa was able to slow the Pens attack somewhat, but at the expense of offense.
*Sutter is on a hot streak. Goal aside, he was tying guys up and just being a black hole when the opponent had possession of the puck.
*Conner, Vitale, and Ebbett played well and utilized their speed, but do they need all 3 in the lineup? A big body at some point would be helpful, provided he could skate a little.
*Just a great road win, not as many turnovers.
*Didn't hear Niskanen's name much...which is usually a good thing for a bottom pair "D"
*Dupuis continues to struggle offensively, but he was in the right places and played a sound game.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby meow on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:38 am

I motion we have two GDT threads. One for the complainers and the other for rational thoughts.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Trip McNeely on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:06 am

I might play a game where I don't watch the pens play but guess the score purely based on the number of pages on the GDT.... It'd be pretty easy to figure out though
Trip McNeely
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Shaky Walton on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:18 am

MarioLives wrote:
Jim wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:Anyone else notice the lack of guys like murphysdump or shakey walton?

Edit: Jim, too.

No Cranky... I was here, posted twice. I was just not hovering over the keyboard because I got nothing better to do, sorry. I will try to be more active in the future. Actually, I really won't.

Fleury is playing well so I have nothing negative to say. I believe it was the Caps game I posted specifically that Fleury had a good game.

Orpik didn't screw the pooch tonight so I had nothing negative to say.

Malkin actually looked like he was trying so I had nothing negative to say about his play, but I did comment on the IDIOT continuing to tuck his jersey even after he got a penalty for it. The Leafs game though, I posted specifically stating Malkin had a good game.

See, unlike apologists who constantly sing a players praises no matter how good or bad they play, or a "hater" who constantly rags on a player no matter how good or bad they play... some of us actually call them like we see them. That means that sometimes they play well, sometimes the play bad. I happen to think that the players are paid to play well, so it is actually EXPECTED that they play well and you do not praise someone for meeting expectations. However, you do criticize when they fail to meet expectations and praise when they exceed expectations.

I do not see why so many people have a problem with someone saying that so-n-so is playing like poo when they are playing like poo.

Better luck next time.

Agree

Double agree
Shaky Walton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Gaucho on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:21 am

I didn't realize calling a player a "moron" was supposed to be critique. My bad.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shaky Walton on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:23 am

meow wrote:I motion we have two GDT threads. One for the complainers and the other for rational thoughts.

Rational thoughts do not exist on this site.
Shaky Walton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:25 am

Shaky Walton wrote:
meow wrote:I motion we have two GDT threads. One for the complainers and the other for rational thoughts.

Rational thoughts do not exist on this site.

Agree :lol:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby RxBandit66 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:45 am

Rational thoughts:

The team is in first place.
The team has two of the league's top scorers.
The defense is posting shutouts with two top defensemen and a goaltender injured.
Bylsma, though he has his faults, is the fastest coach to reach both 200 wins and 100 road wins.
Fleury, who many complain about, is quite possibly on pace for HOF career win totals.

But, oh, that's right, I forgot. They all suck.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Shaky Walton on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:58 am

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:He is alone and cold

Not quite. Going to Arizona for the month of January to play golf while you all are back here freezing. Phoenix in January Sunny and 70. I will go see an Olympic candidate goalie in Mike Smith
Shaky Walton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:01 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby sniper on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Shaky Walton wrote:

Not quite. Going to Arizona for the month of January to play golf while you all are back here freezing. Phoenix in January Sunny and 70. I will go see an Olympic candidate goalie in Mike Smith

So you like Mike Smith and his league 29th best save percentage and league 37th best goals against average of .911 and 3.07 respectively?

But Fleury and his 18th ranked save percentage of .918 and 8th best goals against average of 2.06 you don't like? Really? Is it Fleury's 14 wins which are second best in the league or 3 shutouts which are tied for the league lead that just aren't doing it for you?

Sorry, but Fleury is a better goalie than Mike Smith. Smith only began to look like a good goalie when he began playing behind the Coyotes defensive system. Before that he was looked at as at best a goalie who split the starting job with someone else on a bad team.
sniper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:33 pm

Shaky Walton wrote:

I sure hope Smith can bring Sean Burke with Hun to the Olympics
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Sure, Not wrote:Was at the game tonight. just got into the hotel in Ft. Lauderdale (back to back pens hockey weekend!) Did the tv broadcast show the referee fixing a Tampa players jersey near the end of the game? pens bench went ballistic. sure there was only like 23 seconds left, but c'mon. Maybe that had something to do with CFA's game misconduct. WTF is with the refs helping Tampa? last game they pushed stamkos off the ice when his skate blade broke. Refs <3 TB?

I noticed that too. The faceoff was in front of Fleury and had Tampa scored the Pens should all have exploded. Had they let the puck drop and Tampa got control the ref should have blown the play and given that guy the same penalty as Malkin. Then the faceoff would go to the other end of the ice. Definitely a BS move by the ref.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Beveridge on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:50 pm

I said the same thing when they did that.

I would wager a bet Adams said something and that is why he got the misconduct.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jim on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:54 pm

RxBandit66 wrote:Rational thoughts:

The defense is posting shutouts with two top defensemen and a goaltender injured.
Bylsma, though he has his faults, is the fastest coach to reach both 200 wins and 100 road wins.
Fleury, who many complain about, is quite possibly on pace for HOF career win totals.

Just because overall things are going well it does not meant that some specific things could use improvement. Just because things are going well it does not mean that you stop trying to improve.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Crankshaft on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:15 pm

sniper wrote:
Shaky Walton wrote:

So you like Mike Smith and his league 29th best save percentage and league 37th best goals against average of .911 and 3.07 respectively?

But Fleury and his 18th ranked save percentage of .918 and 8th best goals against average of 2.06 you don't like? Really? Is it Fleury's 14 wins which are second best in the league or 3 shutouts which are tied for the league lead that just aren't doing it for you?

Sorry, but Fleury is a better goalie than Mike Smith. Smith only began to look like a good goalie when he began playing behind the Coyotes defensive system. Before that he was looked at as at best a goalie who split the starting job with someone else on a bad team.

TIMBITS
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Guinness on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:16 pm

Shaky Walton wrote:

lol Mike Smith.

Also, I'm pretty sure he was speaking metaphorically.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Guinness on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Jim wrote:
RxBandit66 wrote:Rational thoughts:

Just because overall things are going well it does not meant that some specific things could use improvement. Just because things are going well it does not mean that you stop trying to improve.

Well why don't you get down there in the locker room and tell them what you and the cynical-gang all see as so obvious?! I'm sure Bylsma is just pacing his office waiting for someone like you to kick in his door and tell him what's wrong.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Crankshaft on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:21 pm

Canadian Stalwart Roberto Luongo gave up 3 goals on 10 shots today. He's firmly on their radar.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jim on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:35 pm

Guinness wrote:Well why don't you get down there in the locker room and tell them what you and the cynical-gang all see as so obvious?! I'm sure Bylsma is just pacing his office waiting for someone like you to kick in his door and tell him what's wrong.

I don't have to, I am sure that they are well aware. However it is a lot easier to talk about (what I do) than to actually implement changes (what they do). Plus, This is an internet discussion board. Not really a top end place for real insight and in depth, accurate, analysis. That goes for the cynical-gang AND the happy-happy joy-joy crew. Those that can do, those that can't talk about it on the internet.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Shaky Walton on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:13 am

Crankshaft wrote:Canadian Stalwart Roberto Luongo gave up 3 goals on 10 shots today. He's firmly on their radar.

You are right He is a lock to make the team.
Shaky Walton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Rylan on Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Cause Luongo has been great in the postseason :pop:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NashvilleCat on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:12 pm

RxBandit66 wrote:
Gaucho wrote:My guess is Puck Drama.

Yes, I was wondering where Puck Drama was.

You'll have to wait for a James Neal slump to see Puck Drama.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins