Devils hiring Director of Analytics...paging Mikey287...

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Devils hiring Director of Analytics...paging Mikey287...

Postby mikey287 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:23 pm

I was unqualified, did apply. Received an "anonymous" call that I could not answer at work one day couple weeks after that that was likely unrelated and otherwise heard nothing, as expected.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,102
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Devils hiring Director of Analytics...paging Mikey287...

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:09 pm

columbia wrote:Those calculus classes were at Penn State, so I bet DTMB would hire him.


:thumb: 10/10

PSU doesn't even offer 5 'calculus' classes...

I'm also assuming they're looking for someone with an advanced math/economics degree (STATA/SAS/Python experience), and knowing how many un/under-employed math grad students there are I'm sure the Devils will get their fair share of over-qualified applicants.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,410
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: Devils hiring Director of Analytics...paging Mikey287...

Postby mac5155 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:26 pm

I had calculus @ penn state w/ an austrailian professor. First day of class - "I dont have an accent. You all do. I speak perfectly".

I was in for a long semester and squeaked by with a C.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,149
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Devils hiring Director of Analytics...paging Mikey287...

Postby Crankshaft on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:32 pm

mikey287 wrote:I was unqualified, did apply. Received an "anonymous" call that I could not answer at work one day couple weeks after that that was likely unrelated and otherwise heard nothing, as expected.


I doubt the Devils would be calling from an anonymous number. :lol:
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,739
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Devils hiring Director of Analytics...paging Mikey287...

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Crankshaft wrote:
mikey287 wrote:I was unqualified, did apply. Received an "anonymous" call that I could not answer at work one day couple weeks after that that was likely unrelated and otherwise heard nothing, as expected.


I doubt the Devils would be calling from an anonymous number. :lol:


Or LouLam doesn't want crank calls.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,533
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Devils hiring Director of Analytics...paging Mikey287...

Postby Crankshaft on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:18 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
mikey287 wrote:I was unqualified, did apply. Received an "anonymous" call that I could not answer at work one day couple weeks after that that was likely unrelated and otherwise heard nothing, as expected.


I doubt the Devils would be calling from an anonymous number. :lol:


Or LouLam doesn't want crank calls.


I'm sure, just like most companies, their phone systems are set up so that the number that show's up on a person's caller ID is the company's general phone number. Not the direct extension of the person who is callign.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,739
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Devils hiring Director of Analytics...paging Mikey287...

Postby columbia on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:19 pm

Was this the number?

1-800-NHL-TRAP
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,380
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Previous

Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


e-mail