Malkin's dad blames agents; adresses rumor of EM car crash

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby edog on Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:06 pm

Tico Rick wrote:So the only people who think Malkin should have been at the ceremony are me, edog, Malkin's dad, Ovechkin, and the Russian press. Okay. :shock:

of course, this clown has not an ounce of professionalism in his body....
edog

Postby crzymike on Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:22 pm

Absolutely tremendous, Alot of you people who are criticizing Evgeni Malkin for bein lazy or showing lack of heart, get ready to eat crow when he accumulates (barring injury) close to a hundred points next year. He will be one of the top five forwards in the game, write it down!

As I mentioned, traveling all that way for an award then having to travel that distance back would be lunacy. I would like to know how many of you traveled that distance back and forth in a short amount of time on several occasions as Geno has done, I have and believe me its no fun.

Geno not showing up for an award ceremony isnt a big deal, as long as hes ready for training camp. Inevitably it doesnt matter and if you really think it does in the grand scheme of things, then I would suggest your priorities arent on the on ice performance but just a way to be down on the young man. Not everyone is perfect like Sid you know :roll:
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Easton on Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:36 pm

crzymike wrote:Absolutely tremendous, Alot of you people who are criticizing Evgeni Malkin for bein lazy or showing lack of heart, get ready to eat crow when he accumulates (barring injury) close to a hundred points next year. He will be one of the top five forwards in the game, write it down!

As I mentioned, traveling all that way for an award then having to travel that distance back would be lunacy. I would like to know how many of you traveled that distance back and forth in a short amount of time on several occasions as Geno has done, I have and believe me its no fun.

Geno not showing up for an award ceremony isnt a big deal, as long as hes ready for training camp. Inevitably it doesnt matter and if you really think it does in the grand scheme of things, then I would suggest your priorities arent on the on ice performance but just a way to be down on the young man. Not everyone is perfect like Sid you know :roll:

All I ask for is better English next year from him and put on some pounds. And considering everything, that isn't too much to ask I don't think.
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby crzymike on Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:42 pm

Easton wrote:
crzymike wrote:Absolutely tremendous, Alot of you people who are criticizing Evgeni Malkin for bein lazy or showing lack of heart, get ready to eat crow when he accumulates (barring injury) close to a hundred points next year. He will be one of the top five forwards in the game, write it down!

All I ask for is better English next year from him and put on some pounds. And considering everything, that isn't too much to ask I don't think.
Agreed, but lets face it , he is so talented he could speak martian and hed dominate, because hes so damn good, and we all know this :wink:
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby HomerPenguin on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:30 pm

Easton wrote:If I already have a planned trip to France with my girlfriend, I'm not showing up either. That's a moot point though...as I'd never go to France.

Jeez, this is OT I know, but you're missing out if you have the chance to see the Louvre and don't take it. France isn't my favorite place either, but I'm glad I got to see some of it.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby emptyfriend on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:38 pm

Write this down.....Jordan Staal will have more points than Malkin next season......
emptyfriend
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby crzymike on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:51 pm

emptyfriend wrote:

Write this down.....Jordan Staal will have more points than Malkin next season......
lol Ill give you 2-1 odds on that one! :D
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby crzymike on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:59 pm

emptyfriend wrote:

Realistically you know he wont come anywhere near the russian nightmare when it comes to points, why would you say such a thing. JS will score some goals no doubt but his assist totals will be kinda sad next to Malkins totals. While I feel strongly in Staals attributes and overall talent , he isnt in the stratosphere of a playmaker like a Malkin or Crosby.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby edog on Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:23 pm

:lol:

If I played in the best league in the world & then won in an award, I would make the effort....

we shall see....I wonder what excuses most of you will make for him if he comes to camp the same playing weight as last year....
edog

Postby edog on Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:24 pm

Easton wrote:

It wasn't too much to ask for last season either....
edog

Postby Kicksave on Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:27 pm

edog wrote:
Easton wrote:

You're a moderator-deleted word.

The kid risked his and his family's life getting over to North America to play in the NHL and you're going to say "well, you did all that but you should have hit the weights and the books harder also".
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby crzymike on Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:33 pm

edog wrote:

:lol:

If I played in the best league in the world & then won in an award, I would make the effort....

we shall see....I wonder what excuses most of you will make for him if he comes to camp the same playing weight as last year....
If you havent ever traveled that far, which I assume you have not , its really unfair for you to be that judgemental against Geno. You travel 30 hours on a plane and see how you like it!
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby crzymike on Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:38 pm

edog wrote:
Easton wrote:

No matter what the kid does you will find fault with him. You know hes the best russian in the World and one of the five best forwards in the NHL, why not just admit it :wink:
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby redwill on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:03 pm

Kicksave wrote:You're an moderator-deleted word.

Jeez.

I presume this post from Kicksave will be deleted. I'm not prudish about posting language and I don't completely agree with the "board rules," but ... you gotta be kidding me ...
Last edited by redwill on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Shinoix on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:05 pm

crzymike wrote:
edog wrote:
Easton wrote:

No matter what the kid does you will find fault with him. You know hes the best russian in the World and one of the five best forwards in the NHL, why not just admit it :wink:

Not the best Russian in the world...not yet at least. When I see him able to withstand a bump and hold on to the puck, or just not turn it over with ease all the time, then i'll change my tune.

Right now Ovechkin is the best Russian in the world.
Shinoix

Postby Kicksave on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:05 pm

redwill wrote:

Jeez.

I presume this post from Kicksave will be deleted. I'm not prudish about posting language and I don't completely agree with the "board rules," but ... you gotta be kidding me ...

Why?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:06 pm

Kicksave wrote:
redwill wrote:

Jeez.

Why?

I for one am offended. :evil:

Well, not really. The guy is a moderator-deleted word.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby redwill on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:07 pm

Kicksave wrote:
redwill wrote:
Kicksave wrote:You're a moderator-deleted word.

Jeez.

Why?

Oh, you were referring to a donkey?

My apologies ... I guess....
Last edited by redwill on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kicksave on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:11 pm

redwill wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
redwill wrote:

Jeez.

Why?

My apologies, I guess.

It's okay. I can see where you would get confused.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby crzymike on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:15 pm

Shinoix wrote:
crzymike wrote:
edog wrote:
Easton wrote:

Not the best Russian in the world...not yet at least. When I see him able to withstand a bump and hold on to the puck, or just not turn it over with ease all the time, then i'll change my tune.

Right now Ovechkin is the best Russian in the world.
You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine. I feel Evgeni Malkin is the best russian hockey player in the world, and I believe next year he will go out and prove it. AO is a great talent but I think Geno overall is the better player.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby redwill on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:22 pm

Kicksave wrote:
redwill wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
redwill wrote:

Jeez.

Why?

My apologies, I guess.

I'll pull a Peter here:

Mr. Kicksave, you obviously decided to ignore the agreed-upon board rules and you maliciously, personally attacked a poster with a base, small-minded insult. Do you think that this attack shows respect for the Administrator of this site? Do you not think that the Administrator of this site is deserving of respect?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kicksave on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:27 pm

redwill wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
redwill wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
redwill wrote:

Jeez.

Why?

My apologies, I guess.

I'll pull a Peter here:

Mr. Kicksave, you obviously decided to ignore the agreed-upon board rules and you maliciously, personally attacked a poster with a base, small-minded insult. Do you think that this attack shows respect for the Administrator of this site? Do you not think that the Administrator of this site is deserving of respect?

Peter doesn't know what hes talking about half the time.

As far as respect for the Administrator, I've been on this website for over 5 years now and haven't been banned once.

He also has a language filter on the website and the term "ass" isn't included therefore he isn't concerned about the word. As long as it isn't used excessively.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby magnum on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:27 pm

It would've been nice if Malkin was here for the Awards Ceremony, if for anything it is just something that is helpful to an overall image.

Outside of that, I don't care if he gains weight next year, I don't care how much English he learns. If puts up 85+ points next season, that's what really matters. Judging from his stats in the RSL, his points totals increased every season. His points total increaded every year in the playoffs in the RSL. I have no doubts that Malkin will improve on this season and register more than 85 points. Everything else is useless nitpicking.

I wouldn't be sirprised if Staal still scored 40 less points than Malkin next season.

In the end the only thing matters to me is his production on the ice. Malkin got 85 points as a rookie. His point production was consistent month to month regardless of how many times Edog chimes in with some stupid "He disapeared for a half of a season" stupidity. Malkin's goals went down, his assists went up. Nevermind that his newest linemate was a guy who raked up 13 assists, admitted the game move too fast for his passing skills and was a fairly accurate shooter (Staal).

Then again, what fun would a summer be without some Malkin drama? :lol: :lol:
magnum
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kicksave on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:28 pm

redwill wrote:I'll pull a Peter here:

Haha, you're going to pull a Peter.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby crzymike on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:34 pm

magnum wrote:It would've been nice if Malkin was here for the Awards Ceremony, if for anything it is just something that is helpful to an overall image.

Outside of that, I don't care if he gains weight next year, I don't care how much English he learns. If puts up 85+ points next season, that's what really matters. Judging from his stats in the RSL, his points totals increased every season. His points total increaded every year in the playoffs in the RSL. I have no doubts that Malkin will improve on this season and register more than 85 points. Everything else is useless nitpicking.

I wouldn't be sirprised if Staal still scored 40 less points than Malkin next season.

In the end the only thing matters to me is his production on the ice. Malkin got 85 points as a rookie. His point production was consistent month to month regardless of how many times Edog chimes in with some stupid "He disapeared for a half of a season" stupidity. Malkin's goals went down, his assists went up. Nevermind that his newest linemate was a guy who raked up 13 assists, admitted the game move too fast for his passing skills and was a fairly accurate shooter (Staal).

Then again, what fun would a summer be without some Malkin drama? :lol: :lol:
IM with you there Magnum, 100 points is well within the realm of possibility for Geno. As you mentioned his totals increased and did so fairly significantly in prior years, though they werent in the NHL. I feel confident he will improve all facets of his game and hope he gets some time on the PK, hes excelled at that in the RSL as well as the olympics and WCs.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins