Malkin's dad blames agents; adresses rumor of EM car crash

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby redwill on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:41 pm

Kicksave wrote:
redwill wrote:I'll pull a Peter here:


Haha, you're going to pull a Peter.

Yeah, I know. Sorry to intrude on your field of expertise.

We all know how obsessed you are with your Peter.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,852
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:04 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

Postby Kicksave on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:44 pm

redwill wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
redwill wrote:I'll pull a Peter here:


Haha, you're going to pull a Peter.

Yeah, I know. Sorry to intrude on your field of expertise.

We all know how obsessed you are with your Peter.


Don't turn it around on me, you're the one saying you're pulling a Peter.

Looks like you have some soul searching to do, Brokeback Redwill.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Postby redwill on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:47 pm

Kicksave wrote:Peter doesn't know what hes talking about half the time.

As far as respect for the Administrator, I've been on this website for over 5 years now and haven't been banned once.

He also has a language filter on the website and the term "ass" isn't included therefore he isn't concerned about the word. As long as it isn't used excessively.


Man, I don't believe you don't get it. It isn't about the word. It's about the deliberate malicious personal attack on another poster.

You haven't been banned? Congratulations. So you think that gives you leave to call another poster an ass?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,852
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:04 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

Postby Kicksave on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:51 pm

redwill wrote:
Kicksave wrote:Peter doesn't know what hes talking about half the time.

As far as respect for the Administrator, I've been on this website for over 5 years now and haven't been banned once.

He also has a language filter on the website and the term "ass" isn't included therefore he isn't concerned about the word. As long as it isn't used excessively.


Man, I don't believe you don't get it. It isn't about the word. It's about the deliberate malicious personal attack on another poster.

You haven't been banned? Congratulations. So you think that gives you leave to call another poster an ass?


Holy crap, are you serious? Malicious personal attack? All I did was call him an ass.

I'm sure he is going to be able to sleep tonight, as will I.

It seems as though you're the only one here who really is offended by it. I suggest clicking that little red "x" in the top, right corner of the screen. It will save you a lot of trouble, that way you won't have to get up on your soap box anymore.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Postby Kicksave on Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:01 am

Image

Until your name is listed as a moderator, you have no right to thread police.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Postby redwill on Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:02 am

Have it your way. I'll not say another word about it.

Of course, I'd like to tell you where to stick your suggestions, but, board rules...
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,852
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:04 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

Postby Easton on Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:11 am

HomerPenguin wrote:
Easton wrote:If I already have a planned trip to France with my girlfriend, I'm not showing up either. That's a moot point though...as I'd never go to France.

Jeez, this is OT I know, but you're missing out if you have the chance to see the Louvre and don't take it. France isn't my favorite place either, but I'm glad I got to see some of it.


I've heard some parts are nice, but to be honest, it just never pops up in my mind as a place to visit. Italy will come first, when I visit some other place outside of the U.S/Canada/Mexico.
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,657
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:12 am

Postby magnum on Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:48 am

crzymike wrote:
magnum wrote:It would've been nice if Malkin was here for the Awards Ceremony, if for anything it is just something that is helpful to an overall image.

Outside of that, I don't care if he gains weight next year, I don't care how much English he learns. If puts up 85+ points next season, that's what really matters. Judging from his stats in the RSL, his points totals increased every season. His points total increaded every year in the playoffs in the RSL. I have no doubts that Malkin will improve on this season and register more than 85 points. Everything else is useless nitpicking.

I wouldn't be sirprised if Staal still scored 40 less points than Malkin next season.

In the end the only thing matters to me is his production on the ice. Malkin got 85 points as a rookie. His point production was consistent month to month regardless of how many times Edog chimes in with some stupid "He disapeared for a half of a season" stupidity. Malkin's goals went down, his assists went up. Nevermind that his newest linemate was a guy who raked up 13 assists, admitted the game move too fast for his passing skills and was a fairly accurate shooter (Staal).

Then again, what fun would a summer be without some Malkin drama? :lol: :lol:
IM with you there Magnum, 100 points is well within the realm of possibility for Geno. As you mentioned his totals increased and did so fairly significantly in prior years, though they werent in the NHL. I feel confident he will improve all facets of his game and hope he gets some time on the PK, hes excelled at that in the RSL as well as the olympics and WCs.


More importantly is that this is all we have to really go by as far as trying to make a fair prediction of Malkin for next eason. Will his success year to year translate into success year to year in the NHL We don't know that yet, all we can go by is what he's done in the past and so far he has improved every year. So, in the meantime I'm not going to throw out all of these things that I'd personally like to see Malkin do. Sure learning the language and bulking up would be nice but so far based on all that we know and have which is his improvements from year to year in the RSL, I'm going to assume and say that Malkin knows what he is doing. You don't keep bettering yourself season after season if he didnt
magnum
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,082
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Postby HomerPenguin on Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:49 am

Easton wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:
Easton wrote:If I already have a planned trip to France with my girlfriend, I'm not showing up either. That's a moot point though...as I'd never go to France.

Jeez, this is OT I know, but you're missing out if you have the chance to see the Louvre and don't take it. France isn't my favorite place either, but I'm glad I got to see some of it.


I've heard some parts are nice, but to be honest, it just never pops up in my mind as a place to visit. Italy will come first, when I visit some other place outside of the U.S/Canada/Mexico.

Italy is fantastic, at least the parts I've seen (Rome and Tuscany), so if it was a choice between the two I'd say your inclination is right. I'm really in to ancient Roman stuff, so that helps, and the food! Best steaks I think I've ever had, or at least the best ones I've ever had that didn't involve going to an overpriced steak house.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,884
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:50 pm
Location: ...

Postby pfim on Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:31 am

redwill wrote:
Kicksave wrote:You're an ass.


Jeez.

I presume this post from Kicksave will be deleted. I'm not prudish about posting language and I don't completely agree with the "board rules," but ... you gotta be kidding me ...


I fixed Kicksave's post for him.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,789
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Postby edog on Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:00 am

Kicksave wrote:
edog wrote:
Easton wrote:
crzymike wrote:Absolutely tremendous, Alot of you people who are criticizing Evgeni Malkin for bein lazy or showing lack of heart, get ready to eat crow when he accumulates (barring injury) close to a hundred points next year. He will be one of the top five forwards in the game, write it down!

As I mentioned, traveling all that way for an award then having to travel that distance back would be lunacy. I would like to know how many of you traveled that distance back and forth in a short amount of time on several occasions as Geno has done, I have and believe me its no fun.

Geno not showing up for an award ceremony isnt a big deal, as long as hes ready for training camp. Inevitably it doesnt matter and if you really think it does in the grand scheme of things, then I would suggest your priorities arent on the on ice performance but just a way to be down on the young man. Not everyone is perfect like Sid you know :roll:



All I ask for is better English next year from him and put on some pounds. And considering everything, that isn't too much to ask I don't think.


It wasn't too much to ask for last season either....


You're a moderator-deleted word.

The kid risked his and his family's life getting over to North America to play in the NHL and you're going to say "well, you did all that but you should have hit the weights and the books harder also".


he risked his life & his family's too..... :lol:

are you kidding me?

I remember the Soviet Union kick & this isn't even close to that. He kept his restaurant, he is allowed to come & go as he pleases & his family suffered no ill effects.

He's a prima donna, pure & simple.....
edog
 

Postby edog on Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:01 am

crzymike wrote:
edog wrote:
crzymike wrote:Absolutely tremendous, Alot of you people who are criticizing Evgeni Malkin for bein lazy or showing lack of heart, get ready to eat crow when he accumulates (barring injury) close to a hundred points next year. He will be one of the top five forwards in the game, write it down!

:lol:

As I mentioned, traveling all that way for an award then having to travel that distance back would be lunacy. I would like to know how many of you traveled that distance back and forth in a short amount of time on several occasions as Geno has done, I have and believe me its no fun.

If I played in the best league in the world & then won in an award, I would make the effort....

Geno not showing up for an award ceremony isnt a big deal, as long as hes ready for training camp. Inevitably it doesnt matter and if you really think it does in the grand scheme of things, then I would suggest your priorities arent on the on ice performance but just a way to be down on the young man. Not everyone is perfect like Sid you know :roll:


we shall see....I wonder what excuses most of you will make for him if he comes to camp the same playing weight as last year....
If you havent ever traveled that far, which I assume you have not , its really unfair for you to be that judgemental against Geno. You travel 30 hours on a plane and see how you like it!


try traveling 18 hours in the back of a C-135.....
edog
 

Postby edog on Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:03 am

crzymike wrote:
edog wrote:
Easton wrote:
crzymike wrote:Absolutely tremendous, Alot of you people who are criticizing Evgeni Malkin for bein lazy or showing lack of heart, get ready to eat crow when he accumulates (barring injury) close to a hundred points next year. He will be one of the top five forwards in the game, write it down!

As I mentioned, traveling all that way for an award then having to travel that distance back would be lunacy. I would like to know how many of you traveled that distance back and forth in a short amount of time on several occasions as Geno has done, I have and believe me its no fun.

Geno not showing up for an award ceremony isnt a big deal, as long as hes ready for training camp. Inevitably it doesnt matter and if you really think it does in the grand scheme of things, then I would suggest your priorities arent on the on ice performance but just a way to be down on the young man. Not everyone is perfect like Sid you know :roll:



All I ask for is better English next year from him and put on some pounds. And considering everything, that isn't too much to ask I don't think.


It wasn't too much to ask for last season either....
No matter what the kid does you will find fault with him. You know hes the best russian in the World and one of the five best forwards in the NHL, why not just admit it :wink:


Oh, yes, he was so dominating the second half of the season & into the playoffs....when the games really counted.... :roll:
edog
 

Postby edog on Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:07 am

redwill wrote:
Kicksave wrote:Peter doesn't know what hes talking about half the time.

As far as respect for the Administrator, I've been on this website for over 5 years now and haven't been banned once.

He also has a language filter on the website and the term "ass" isn't included therefore he isn't concerned about the word. As long as it isn't used excessively.


Man, I don't believe you don't get it. It isn't about the word. It's about the deliberate malicious personal attack on another poster.

You haven't been banned? Congratulations. So you think that gives you leave to call another poster an ass?


he can call me an ass all he wants red.....the important thing is he will eventually be calling me right.....
edog
 

Postby Jim on Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:14 am

"You're a moderator-deleted word."

pfim, do you realize that you just caused yourself a world of hurt?

Anyone see "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"? Refering specifically to the part where the E! reporter was reading their internet post and using "explitive deleted" in place of all the swear words?

I am SSOOOOOO going to start using "moderator-deleted word" in my posts! That's moderator-deleted word awsome!
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,725
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby Jim on Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:16 am

edog wrote:
redwill wrote:
Kicksave wrote:Peter doesn't know what hes talking about half the time.

As far as respect for the Administrator, I've been on this website for over 5 years now and haven't been banned once.

He also has a language filter on the website and the term "ass" isn't included therefore he isn't concerned about the word. As long as it isn't used excessively.


Man, I don't believe you don't get it. It isn't about the word. It's about the deliberate malicious personal attack on another poster.

You haven't been banned? Congratulations. So you think that gives you leave to call another poster an ass?


he can call me an ass all he wants red.....the important thing is he will eventually be calling me right.....


is edog Peter?
Last edited by Jim on Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,725
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:17 am

Kicksave wrote:You're a moderator-deleted word.


This was the best part of this thread. :lol:
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,605
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Postby bse on Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:27 am

Obviously Malkin went to France because he badly wants to communicate with Therrien next season
bse
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:43 am
Location: Finland

Postby pfim on Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:36 am

Jim wrote:"You're a moderator-deleted word."

pfim, do you realize that you just caused yourself a world of hurt?

Anyone see "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"? Refering specifically to the part where the E! reporter was reading their internet post and using "explitive deleted" in place of all the swear words?

I am SSOOOOOO going to start using "moderator-deleted word" in my posts! That's moderator-deleted word awsome!


Glad I could bring some levity to the, umm, situation.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,789
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Postby magnum on Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:50 am

edog wrote:
crzymike wrote:
edog wrote:
Easton wrote:
crzymike wrote:Absolutely tremendous, Alot of you people who are criticizing Evgeni Malkin for bein lazy or showing lack of heart, get ready to eat crow when he accumulates (barring injury) close to a hundred points next year. He will be one of the top five forwards in the game, write it down!

As I mentioned, traveling all that way for an award then having to travel that distance back would be lunacy. I would like to know how many of you traveled that distance back and forth in a short amount of time on several occasions as Geno has done, I have and believe me its no fun.

Geno not showing up for an award ceremony isnt a big deal, as long as hes ready for training camp. Inevitably it doesnt matter and if you really think it does in the grand scheme of things, then I would suggest your priorities arent on the on ice performance but just a way to be down on the young man. Not everyone is perfect like Sid you know :roll:



All I ask for is better English next year from him and put on some pounds. And considering everything, that isn't too much to ask I don't think.


It wasn't too much to ask for last season either....
No matter what the kid does you will find fault with him. You know hes the best russian in the World and one of the five best forwards in the NHL, why not just admit it :wink:


Oh, yes, he was so dominating the second half of the season & into the playoffs....when the games really counted.... :roll:


His point production in te 2nd half of the season was consistent with his point production in the first half of the season.

Playoffs, yeah Malkin didn't play well. His stats were exactly the same for the first RSL playoffs he participated in. Most of the Pens played badly in the playoffs. The Pens were educated in playoff hockey. They learned.
magnum
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,082
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Postby Rocco on Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:11 am

Kovy27 wrote:
Kicksave wrote:You're a moderator-deleted word.


This was the best part of this thread. :lol:


Stop feeding PFIM's ego. It's bad enough he thinks he's big and bad now.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,004
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Postby penny lane on Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:29 am

Rocco wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
Kicksave wrote:You're a moderator-deleted word.


This was the best part of this thread. :lol:


Stop feeding PFIM's ego. It's bad enough he thinks he's big and bad now.


we have our own Sidney & Geno with Netwolf and PFIM;
1A/1B.
:)
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,621
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Postby Rocco on Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:55 am

penny lane wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
Kicksave wrote:You're a moderator-deleted word.


This was the best part of this thread. :lol:


Stop feeding PFIM's ego. It's bad enough he thinks he's big and bad now.


we have our own Sidney & Geno with Netwolf and PFIM;
1A/1B.
:)


Which one is lazy, heartless and unprofessional?
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,004
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Postby netwolf on Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:36 am

Rocco wrote:Which one is lazy, heartless and unprofessional?

The thing is, Rocco, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I moderate my butt off and RJ avoids a few more flame wars, I don't see another banana; so where's the motivation?

And here's something else, Rocco: I report to eight different monkeys right now. Eight, Roc. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different monkeys coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled; that, and the fear of losing my mod privileges. But you know, Roc, that will only make someone moderate just hard enough not to get replaced.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,371
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby crzymike on Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:40 am

edog wrote:
crzymike wrote:
edog wrote:
Easton wrote:
crzymike wrote:Absolutely tremendous, Alot of you people who are criticizing Evgeni Malkin for bein lazy or showing lack of heart, get ready to eat crow when he accumulates (barring injury) close to a hundred points next year. He will be one of the top five forwards in the game, write it down!

As I mentioned, traveling all that way for an award then having to travel that distance back would be lunacy. I would like to know how many of you traveled that distance back and forth in a short amount of time on several occasions as Geno has done, I have and believe me its no fun.

Geno not showing up for an award ceremony isnt a big deal, as long as hes ready for training camp. Inevitably it doesnt matter and if you really think it does in the grand scheme of things, then I would suggest your priorities arent on the on ice performance but just a way to be down on the young man. Not everyone is perfect like Sid you know :roll:



All I ask for is better English next year from him and put on some pounds. And considering everything, that isn't too much to ask I don't think.


It wasn't too much to ask for last season either....
No matter what the kid does you will find fault with him. You know hes the best russian in the World and one of the five best forwards in the NHL, why not just admit it :wink:


Oh, yes, he was so dominating the second half of the season & into the playoffs....when the games really counted.... :roll:
As I mentioned, he will have close to a hundred points if not more next season, prima donna or not hes a great player. We will see this time next year how Geno did, I have every confidence in his talent and unlike you his heart!
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,912
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:41 pm
Location: monroeville

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


e-mail