Payerl called up

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Payerl called up

Postby DelPen on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:14 pm

Payerl looked really good for his roll last night. I'd say he could ahve a shot to make the team next year on the 4th line but then again there are 12 guys that have been up and down from WBS that could be said about.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby no name on Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:54 pm

DelPen wrote:Payerl looked really good for his roll last night. I'd say he could ahve a shot to make the team next year on the 4th line but then again there are 12 guys that have been up and down from WBS that could be said about.

Yes but its been a while since we called up a big guy, who threw his weight around and looked good at both ends of the ice. Could be a good fit in a traditional 4th line roll.

My only question is, is this guy known for fighting?? or is he just a physical player?? is expecting him to play a Arron Ashem type game asking to much from him?
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Penspal on Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:09 pm

no name wrote:
DelPen wrote:Payerl looked really good for his roll last night. I'd say he could ahve a shot to make the team next year on the 4th line but then again there are 12 guys that have been up and down from WBS that could be said about.

Yes but its been a while since we called up a big guy, who threw his weight around and looked good at both ends of the ice. Could be a good fit in a traditional 4th line roll.

My only question is, is this guy known for fighting?? or is he just a physical player?? is expecting him to play a Arron Ashem type game asking to much from him?

Mikey's earlier post had a former Junior Manager claim AP would fight, but likely not well at the pro level. However, fighting is a skill and there are some good teachers in WBS, so maybe he's improved.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins