Playoff Tickets Used to Sellout in Less than 5 minutes

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Playoff Tickets Used to Sellout in Less than 5 minutes

Postby Factorial on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:52 pm

C4 Row E wrote:Now you can sit anywhere you want. You literally have your choice of seats in the upper or lower bowl at bargain prices that even student rushers can afford. :pop:

You should quit being a STH with all the bellyaching you do. Someone will replace you.
Factorial
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:56 pm

Still looking for that dead horse.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby C4 Row E on Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:23 am

Factorial wrote:
C4 Row E wrote:Now you can sit anywhere you want. You literally have your choice of seats in the upper or lower bowl at bargain prices that even student rushers can afford. :pop:

You should quit being a STH with all the bellyaching you do. Someone will replace you.

You're right and I was very close to not renewing. I have trouble selling tickets at face value. And you know what? I've had a 5 or 10 game package offered up at face value for a month. I've had one reply. Where's all the wait-listers trying to scoop that up? OMG!?? I have to pay you $1600 at once, what a travesty!!!
C4 Row E
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby C4 Row E on Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:29 am

C4 Row E
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby King Sid the Great 87 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:26 am

Give it another five years when Crosby and Malkin are starting into the decline of their careers. This organization hasn't proven it can run successfully on its own accord. They were one ping pong ball from leaving town. Hit the lottery in consecutive years with generational talents. Won a Cup with some significant contributors on entry level deals. The odds of any of those things happening again are nil. The playoff flameouts can't continue many more years before interest declines to the point where it hits the bottom line. Paying to watch a team with promise of a bright future six years ago isn't the same as paying continuously increasing prices for an over-hyped team that fails every year. This team won't be an indefinite cash cow for ownership.
King Sid the Great 87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:55 am

It won't get as low as it was from 2002-2005 due to the salary cap. Plus now you have the Lemiuex and the Crosby generation of fans. It won't be as good as now if the team tanks, but it won't be as bad as it was for a long period of time.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Hawkeynut on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:10 am

You bunch of negative nancies.....

Let's look at the Detroit Red Wings, always the supposed "model of success" in the NHL for their continual winning ways....

01 - 02 - WON CUP
02 - 03 - Lost in round 1
03 - 04 - Lost in round 2
05 - 06 - Lost in round 1
06 - 07 - Lost in round 3
07 - 08 - WON CUP

Hmm lets look at the Pens pattern in recent years...

08 - 09 - WON CUP
09 - 10 - Lost in round 2
10 - 11 - Lost in round 1
11 - 12 - Lost in round 1
12 - 13 - Lost in round 3
13 - 14 - Undetermined

Suck up you spoiled supposed "fans" of the Penguins. You cannot and will not win the Cup every year. Dynasty teams are no more. Crap happens! I for one believe in the system Shero has in play and I don't forget too easily the dark years of this franchise. Right now, enjoy it. Stop pissing all over it.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby dodint on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:12 am

</board>
dodint
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby newarenanow on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:14 am

Agree with premise of Hawkeynut, but like slappy said, when expectations are high, people are not as pumped for the "early" rounds of the playoffs etc, and that happens in every city. I don't know if people remember, but Detroit had some bad crowds for early playoff action (and even in later rounds) the past few years.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:17 am

newarenanow wrote:Agree with premise of Hawkeynut, but like slappy said, when expectations are high, people are not as pumped for the "early" rounds of the playoffs etc, and that happens in every city. I don't know if people remember, but Detroit had some bad crowds for early playoff action (and even in later rounds) the past few years.

I like when we agree with one another NAN. Let us be friends and talk of the good times. Is Pitt doing good things?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hawkeynut on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:18 am

Yes you are correct. The "ho-hum they made it to the playoffs" feeling has replaced the "WHAT? THE PENS ARE IN RELEVANT AGAIN?!?!" feeling. Has nothing to do with their past "failures" in the playoffs.

As for Detroit.. I am sure alot of their ticket selling issues stem from the fact the city as a whole is bankrupt.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:20 am

slappybrown wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Agree with premise of Hawkeynut, but like slappy said, when expectations are high, people are not as pumped for the "early" rounds of the playoffs etc, and that happens in every city. I don't know if people remember, but Detroit had some bad crowds for early playoff action (and even in later rounds) the past few years.

I like when we agree with one another NAN. Let us be friends and talk of the good times. Is Pitt doing good things?

They are wrapping up spring camp. Voytik was said to be a little inconsistent, but learning, which is good news I guess.

How's the family?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:38 am

newarenanow wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

They are wrapping up spring camp. Voytik was said to be a little inconsistent, but learning, which is good news I guess.

How's the family?

I don't get why he cancelled the spring game.

Good man. Growing up fast. How about your kids?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:54 am

slappybrown wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

How's the family?

I don't get why he cancelled the spring game.

Good man. Growing up fast. How about your kids?

Kids are good, growing up fast too. The oldest will be turning 4 already.

Man this is nice.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby C4 Row E on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:55 pm

It’s not too late to purchase an additional playoff strip for the 2014 Playoffs! To discuss package locations, please contact the Pittsburgh Penguins Ticketing Department at 412.642.PENS (7367). Please note, additional packages will be assessed a $10 per ticket per game surcharge. A 50% deposit is required at time of purchase with the remaining balance due before the 3rd round of the playoffs begins. Additional packages can also be added to the ‘Pay as We Play’ payment option.

I love how people in this thread can't see what's actually happening. This is from the e-mail sent out to STH today. If the demand and renewal rate was high among STH, this would not be happening. They're scrambling right now.
C4 Row E
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:59 pm

I think people see what is happening. People aren't interested in the early rounds of the playoffs anymore regardless of the price. Sure, if there was a 50% reduction, I'm sure people would pick them up, but to decrease it by $10-15 a game in the early rounds won't do much to raise interest IMO.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:04 pm

I took advantage of tge delightful renew but abstain from playoff tickets option. If Bylsma somehow survives this offseason, I will do that again next year. If hes retained after that...ill make some waitlist person's day.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:10 pm

newarenanow wrote:I think people see what is happening. People aren't interested in the early rounds of the playoffs anymore regardless of the price. Sure, if there was a 50% reduction, I'm sure people would pick them up, but to decrease it by $10-15 a game in the early rounds won't do much to raise interest IMO.

I don't think you are wrong at all, spot on in terms of some apathy or spoiled type feelinga by fans. but i think it goes beyond the playoffs. And has been happening for 3 years really. Just keeps getting more and more available, regular season included.

It just seems they are putting way too much effort into selling inclduing regular aeason discounts, tons of rush and now playoff offers all for a team with a wait list. Just my two cents.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:47 pm

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
newarenanow wrote:I think people see what is happening. People aren't interested in the early rounds of the playoffs anymore regardless of the price. Sure, if there was a 50% reduction, I'm sure people would pick them up, but to decrease it by $10-15 a game in the early rounds won't do much to raise interest IMO.

I don't think you are wrong at all, spot on in terms of some apathy or spoiled type feelinga by fans. but i think it goes beyond the playoffs. And has been happening for 3 years really. Just keeps getting more and more available, regular season included.

It just seems they are putting way too much effort into selling inclduing regular aeason discounts, tons of rush and now playoff offers all for a team with a wait list. Just my two cents.

I think most understand the wait list is for the cheapest seats in the upper deck. And there isn't much interest in the lower bowl or probably double attack zone.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby dodint on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:00 pm

I'm waiting for an upper bowl aisle seat(x2) in the first 8 rows of sections 201-205, 218-22, or 234. If I don't achieve that in the next three seasons I'll start looking for aisle seats in the lower bowl.
dodint
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby C4 Row E on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:20 pm

dodint wrote:I'm waiting for an upper bowl aisle seat(x2) in the first 8 rows of sections 201-205, 218-22, or 234. If I don't achieve that in the next three seasons I'll start looking for aisle seats in the lower bowl.

You'll be waiting for a long time for aisle seats. How long have you been a sth? I've had a request in for aisle seats since 2007.
C4 Row E
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby dodint on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:40 pm

I got on the WL this season. I figure those with aisle seats will probably take them to the grave, but I'm not planning on moving back to WPA for a few more years so I'm parked on the list until either some holy grail seats pop up or I move back to the area and I'm ready to accept a seat just about anywhere in the above sections. I'm just a big guy that would rather be tripped over than have to trip over folks.
dodint
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby C4 Row E on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:46 pm

dodint wrote:I got on the WL this season. I figure those with aisle seats will probably take them to the grave, but I'm not planning on moving back to WPA for a few more years so I'm parked on the list until either some holy grail seats pop up or I move back to the area and I'm ready to accept a seat just about anywhere in the above sections. I'm just a big guy that would rather be tripped over than have to trip over folks.

You do realize there are still people who got on the wait list in '08 still waiting, right? Cheap aisle seats are the hardest seats to get for a sth.
C4 Row E
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:00 pm

I guess its an advantage for me that i want nothing to do with aisle seats. We are dead center in the row which is perfect because no one ever makes us get up.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby dodint on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:01 pm

The difference being that I'm willing to buy almost any seat once I'm back in the area. If someone has been on the list since '08 and are waiting for an exact seat, they're not actual fans. They're just looking to try and make a profit. My only real stipulation is that if I'm sitting in the upper bowl I want to sit between the goal lines. If HCDB keeps driving this team into the ground every playoff season it won't be that hard to achieve.
dodint
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins