Letang back tonite

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby dodint on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:08 am

count2infinity wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:hopefully the stroke is what was causing all the turnovers.



Image


You see, the problem with bursting out loud laughing at stuff like this in my office is that I can't possibly explain it. I either have to pretend the .gif itself was just that good, or explain the multiple layers behind the deployment of the .gif to people that have never even heard of hockey. Bastard.
dodint
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,872
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:57 am
Location: Sparta! (WI)

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby count2infinity on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:09 am

my apologies...
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,975
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby gargy on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:10 am

Sweet! Icky-Icky-Icky-Letang-Zoop-Boing!

Image
gargy
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:36 am

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby dodint on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:11 am

To be fair, it was fun to laugh in an otherwise joyless day. Nothing at all today has gone even close to well.
dodint
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,872
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:57 am
Location: Sparta! (WI)

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby columbia on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:16 am

shoeshine boy wrote:
meow wrote:Just went I think LGP can't sink any lower. There is always room for Jello


please. people here think Torts should be our new coach.
I actually didn't mean it quite the way it sounded. if he was having blood circulation problems in his head that could easily make him not think clearly.


That's what I assumed.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,344
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:24 am

Hopefully this will be the stroke of good luck our team needs...








Dammit, my bad. Good to see Tanger back.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,908
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:18 pm
Location: wat

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby sil on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:27 am

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:Hopefully this will be the stroke of good luck our team needs...








Dammit, my bad. Good to see Tanger back.


Actually it's your good and bad, apparently...
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,119
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby columbia on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:27 am

So...?

Orpik-Martin
Scuds-Letang
Nisky-Maatta
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,344
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby sil on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:29 am

columbia wrote:So...?

Orpik-Martin
Scuds-Letang
Nisky-Maatta


yes
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,119
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby count2infinity on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:29 am

looks about right to me.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,975
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby shoeshine boy on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:30 am

dodint wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:hopefully the stroke is what was causing all the turnovers.



Image


You see, the problem with bursting out loud laughing at stuff like this in my office is that I can't possibly explain it. I either have to pretend the .gif itself was just that good, or explain the multiple layers behind the deployment of the .gif to people that have never even heard of hockey. Bastard.


I look forward to seeing this picture later. my work computer filters some (not all) pictures. bastards!
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,431
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:44 am
Location: me, 3 years Super League

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby sil on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:30 am

Give me Malkin back at 100% and I suddenly feel a lot better about this team's chances.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,119
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby penny lane on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:35 am

Welcome back Kristopher Letang~ :D

Speed from the blueline has returned.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 29,061
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby NashvilleCat on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:37 am

gargy wrote:Sweet! Icky-Icky-Icky-Letang-Zoop-Boing!

Image

Go out and find us a Stanley Cup...one that looks nice... and not too expensive.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,290
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 7:18 pm
Location: 4.5 hours south of Josh Harrison's hometown.

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby Gaucho on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:38 am

Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,779
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:22 am
Location: Ignoranti

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby sil on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:38 am

NashvilleCat wrote:
gargy wrote:Sweet! Icky-Icky-Icky-Letang-Zoop-Boing!

Image

Go out and find us a Stanley Cup...one that looks nice... and not too expensive.


So instead of Roger the shrubber, they need to find Gary the cupper?
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,119
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby NashvilleCat on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:40 am

sil wrote:
NashvilleCat wrote:
gargy wrote:Sweet! Icky-Icky-Icky-Letang-Zoop-Boing!

Image

Go out and find us a Stanley Cup...one that looks nice... and not too expensive.


So instead of Roger the shrubber, they need to find Gary the cupper?

Ray the engraver
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,290
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 7:18 pm
Location: 4.5 hours south of Josh Harrison's hometown.

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:42 am

columbia wrote:So...?

Orpik-Martin
Scuds-Letang
Nisky-Maatta


I'd rather see Letang with Orpik. Essentially it comes down to who do you trust more when Letang gets his hand caught in the cookie jar in the offensive zone and it ends up being a 2 on 1 the other way.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,908
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:18 pm
Location: wat

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby Tico Rick on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:45 am

shmenguin wrote:
slappybrown wrote:Dont bother Crankshaft, not worth it.


also...Dont bother, Crankshaft, not worth it.

i think both are correct

:thumb:
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,438
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:12 am
Location: Disco is dead.

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby Chirpin' Grinder on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:52 am

sil wrote:
columbia wrote:So...?

Orpik-Martin
Scuds-Letang
Nisky-Maatta


yes


Why would you saddle Letang with Scuderi, who has been nothing but awful since his own return??? This makes no sense.

They looked horrible together earlier, they have zero chemistry and Scuderi has been horrendous in his own zone.

Despres and Letang had chemistry when they played together and complement each other well.

I Know DB will most likely pair 58 with Scuderi because that was the plan and hey, really, why change it based on relevant facts that have obviously presented themselves in the meantime??
Chirpin' Grinder
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,684
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:28 am
Location: South Beach

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby columbia on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:54 am

He was paired with Scuds in the morning skate.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,344
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:56 am

HCDB doesnt like Despres and Scurderi isnt being paid 3.4M to watch the game from the press box.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,312
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby DesertPenguin on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:57 am

Extremely happy for Tanger. I hope this is the first and last time he has to deal with this issue.

What this does for the Pens remains to be seen.

A) is he right in the head, emotionally? Something like this would certainly mess with my poise and confidence.

B) is he willing (and capable) of buying in to the teams defensive system? Remember, Tanger's tendency to run and gun can throw the entire team's system off.

If the coaches manage his minutes and manage him, both in a hockey sense and emotionally, this should at the very least give the team a boost of energy going into the playoffs. Here we go.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Z's Old House

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby sil on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:00 am

Chirpin' Grinder wrote:
sil wrote:
columbia wrote:So...?

Orpik-Martin
Scuds-Letang
Nisky-Maatta


yes


Why would you saddle Letang with Scuderi, who has been nothing but awful since his own return??? This makes no sense.

They looked horrible together earlier, they have zero chemistry and Scuderi has been horrendous in his own zone.

Despres and Letang had chemistry when they played together and complement each other well.

I Know DB will most likely pair 58 with Scuderi because that was the plan and hey, really, why change it based on relevant facts that have obviously presented themselves in the meantime??


Image
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,119
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Letang back tonite

Postby Chirpin' Grinder on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:01 am

sil wrote:
Chirpin' Grinder wrote:
sil wrote:
columbia wrote:So...?

Orpik-Martin
Scuds-Letang
Nisky-Maatta


yes


Why would you saddle Letang with Scuderi, who has been nothing but awful since his own return??? This makes no sense.

They looked horrible together earlier, they have zero chemistry and Scuderi has been horrendous in his own zone.

Despres and Letang had chemistry when they played together and complement each other well.

I Know DB will most likely pair 58 with Scuderi because that was the plan and hey, really, why change it based on relevant facts that have obviously presented themselves in the meantime??


Image


:twisted: :thumb:
Chirpin' Grinder
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,684
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:28 am
Location: South Beach

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Caputi19, Ccprez0703, jwest21, KBone, lazydaze203, npv708, Stillerz Bar, TKin and 44 guests


e-mail