Anybody going to see Rush tonight?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Anybody going to see Rush tonight?

Postby rasbatch on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:37 pm

look for me on the lawn, YO!
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,128
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:05 am
Location: morgantown WV

Postby Peter on Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:33 pm

Rush Limbaugh is in town?
Peter
 

Postby conforto45 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:34 pm

Peter wrote:Rush Limbaugh is in town?



yea, he just got done making racial comments about Donovan McNabb
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,354
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:37 am
Location: hopewell,pa

Postby cma3585 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:00 pm

i'd kill to have gone but i'm unfortunately low on funds. they're one of those bands i always felt i should've seen at least once out of respect for what they were to classic rock.
cma3585
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,439
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: Chippewa

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:14 am

I was there it was a great show. As I expected the highlight was the Neil Peart Solo
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,074
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Postby positive_pens_fan on Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:26 am

conforto45 wrote:
Peter wrote:Rush Limbaugh is in town?



yea, he just got done making racial comments about Donovan McNabb


What was racist about his comments on ESPN?
positive_pens_fan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:10 pm

Postby conforto45 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:28 am

positive_pens_fan wrote:
conforto45 wrote:
Peter wrote:Rush Limbaugh is in town?



yea, he just got done making racial comments about Donovan McNabb


What was racist about his comments on ESPN?


i dont even know. i was just rambling. i remember there was stuff said a few seasons ago. it was a long day yesterday and i was tired, forgive me
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,354
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:37 am
Location: hopewell,pa

Postby positive_pens_fan on Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:29 am

conforto45 wrote:
positive_pens_fan wrote:
conforto45 wrote:
Peter wrote:Rush Limbaugh is in town?



yea, he just got done making racial comments about Donovan McNabb


What was racist about his comments on ESPN?


i dont even know. i was just rambling. i remember there was stuff said a few seasons ago. it was a long day yesterday and i was tired, forgive me


Yea I dont think what he said was racist. Although it is obvious why people disagreed with his opinion.
positive_pens_fan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:10 pm

Postby magnum on Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:34 am

Firsty Rush concert I've missed since the second leg of the roll the Bones tour.

Anything different between this show and their last show?
magnum
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,082
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Postby rasbatch on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:31 pm

magnum wrote:Firsty Rush concert I've missed since the second leg of the roll the Bones tour.

Anything different between this show and their last show?
yep, it was a very different show, lots of tunes I hadn't heard before with a lot
of emphasis on the new record, pretty good stuff really. They did the radio hits, limelight, tom sawyer, but some other cool stuff like train to bangkok and YYZ as an encore. Damn fine show in my estimation.
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,128
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:05 am
Location: morgantown WV

Postby netwolf on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:38 pm

I heard there was a South Park cartoon shown on video screens...
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,346
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby rasbatch on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:46 pm

netwolf wrote:I heard there was a South Park cartoon shown on video screens...
It was hilarious cartman, stan, kyle, and kenny as "lil rush"
Cartmans sings something like "Today's tom sawyer built a raft and floated down the mississippi with some black guy". Stan says that not the lyrics ***
Cartman says I'm lil getty lee and I can sing whatever I want, then bamm the bust into tom sawyer, the place goes nutz, yada yada yada Neil Peart kicks *** end of story.
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,128
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:05 am
Location: morgantown WV

Postby the wicked child on Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:58 pm

My friend (a Rush FANATIC) went. this is the setlist according to him:

Limelight
Digital Man
Entre Nous
Mission
Freewill
The Main Monkey Business
The Larger Bowl
Secret Touch
Circumstances
Between The Wheels
Dreamline
(-Intermission-)
Far Cry
Workin' Them Angels
Armor And Sword
Spindrift
The Way The Wind Blows
Subdivisions
Natural Science
Witch Hunt
Malignant Narcissism
Drum Solo
Hope
Summertime Blues
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer (with South Park intro)
Encore:
One Little Victory
A Passage to Bangkok
YYZ

---

Although I really like the inclusion of Circumstances, I am glad I didn't go... I much prefer the setlist they played for the anniversary tour (which I did attend).
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,400
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:


Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: the wicked child and 7 guests

e-mail