Crybabies in Detroit

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Crybabies in Detroit

Postby Bowser on Sun May 07, 2006 6:16 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) -- The Detroit Lions will forfeit two days of their offseason training program after settling a complaint by the NFL Players Association.

"The players were upset at the high intensity and aggressiveness demanded in the team drills and believed the coaching staff was going over the line," Tom Kowalski reported, citing a source.

Rod Marinelli probably can't wait to run those dogs during training camp. I would force them to do nothing but 100-yard sprints for an hour. The NFLPA isn't helping this franchise turn around their pathetic condition by complaining on behalf of spoiled athletes.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Crybabies in Detroit

Postby HomerPenguin on Sun May 07, 2006 10:10 pm

Bowser wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjijLjOgGVPW5VffmZSg.GhDubYF?slug=ap-lions-practiceviolation&prov=ap&type=lgns

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) -- The Detroit Lions will forfeit two days of their offseason training program after settling a complaint by the NFL Players Association.

"The players were upset at the high intensity and aggressiveness demanded in the team drills and believed the coaching staff was going over the line," Tom Kowalski reported, citing a source.

Rod Marinelli probably can't wait to run those dogs during training camp. I would force them to do nothing but 100-yard sprints for an hour. The NFLPA isn't helping this franchise turn around their pathetic condition by complaining on behalf of spoiled athletes.

I can only imagine what a Therrien training camp will bring. The players will probably call in the international Red Cross.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Sun May 07, 2006 10:53 pm

This another case of a lazy team full of pansies that has forgotten the hard work it takes to succeed. The same thing happened when Coughlin came to the Giants.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Crybabies in Detroit

Postby Rocco on Sun May 07, 2006 11:15 pm

Bowser wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjijLjOgGVPW5VffmZSg.GhDubYF?slug=ap-lions-practiceviolation&prov=ap&type=lgns

Yeah, how dare the NFLPA do something as horrible as tell the NFL to abide by the rules they agreed to in the CBA regarding minicamps. Expecting coaches to follow rules? The nerve.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Stoosh on Sun May 07, 2006 11:54 pm

Stuff like this comes under Reason #892 on the list of why I find the NFL less and less appealing every year. This league gets closer and closer every year to approaching NBA-like levels of athlete disinterest.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Bowser on Mon May 08, 2006 8:09 am

Rocco - You are right. The NFLPA should protect their beaten upon members. How dare an organization try to make their players into men.

Alex, I'll have Unions Suck for $1000
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon May 08, 2006 9:11 am

Bowser wrote:Rocco - You are right. The NFLPA should protect their beaten upon members. How dare an organization try to make their players into men.

Alex, I'll have Unions Suck for $1000

As a PSU guy, it pains me to say this, since I loved Millen as a player there. But perhaps Marinelli wouldn't have to turn the players into men if their idiot GM would acquire men in the first place.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Bowser on Mon May 08, 2006 10:16 am

MCM - I'd like to know how Matt Millen has a job in the front office of any NFL organization without paying his dues as an assistant, scout, or coach? He was so badly unqualifid to run the Lions, you could say the Ford family hired him solely to take blame and pressure away from all their mistakes.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Rocco on Mon May 08, 2006 10:27 am

Yes, because people who play in the meat grinder we call "football" which wrecks their bodies, shortens their life and has an insane amount of stress and pressure aren't men. They need a coach to break pre-approved rules in an offseason minicamp to become manly.

The teams know what they can and can't do in minicamps. (They know, of course, because they agreed to it in the CBA.) The Lions broke the rules. Of course, it's the union's fault that the Lions broke the rules. Of course, without the union, there would be no one to look out for the players once the league decides they've used you up, but let's not dwell on details.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Bowser on Mon May 08, 2006 11:07 am

For the most part, NFL still eats players but I don't hear the NFLPA fat pigs holding tough to stop it.

Detroit tried to change the culture of losing, I don't blame them one bit for making their employees step over the line a little.

I'm sure there are a number of lawyers out there ready and willing to sue the Lions and NFL for playing rough.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Return to NHR